Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Save 5K Miles on redemtion Certificates

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2001, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, HH Diamond
I got that same error message yesterday morning 3 times, so I gave up. When I got a D100 last night it worked on the first try. Good Luck!
Old Jan 11, 2001, 8:09 pm

I let a friend of mine know about the possibiliity that the D100 code was still valid for online redemption at 20,000 miles. He attempted, and received the same type of error(s) described above.

He subsequently emailed Delta, who responded very quickly to him that the offer has expired and will not be honored. It looks like Delta caught on that the promotion was still active on the website.

Looks like I got in just under the wire!
Old Jan 11, 2001, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
A suggestion for the future

Don't email asking why something that has expired no longer works. It will most certainly never work after asking about it!

Old Jan 11, 2001, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

Do wonder Delta does strange things to its members. Look how we are acting.

Delta runs a promotion that expires Dec 31st. Good only on the web. Some people find out it is still working in Jan and take advantage of it.

Some have trouble, so they CALL Delta. Delta wakes up and takes the site down.

Fools. All of us. Fools.

They gotta be laughing back in Atlanta over this one.

Any you wonder why I drink?

Old Jan 11, 2001, 10:26 pm
Suspended

That is just plain ****ing stupid.
Old Jan 12, 2001, 12:37 am

I don't know what the deal is, but I just got on the site and was able to request 2 x D100's. It confirmed it back to me at 20,000 miles each.

Good luck to all.
Old Jan 15, 2001, 10:39 pm

In case anyone is still interested, earlier this evening (1/15/01), a request for an award certificate at the reduced mileage cost of 20,000 went through fine....the confirmation screen appeared and said it was sucessfully processed.

I don't know if Delta will honor the award, but at the worst, they will deny the request and credit the 20,000 miles.

It might be worth a try if anyone is interested still.
Old Jan 15, 2001, 10:42 pm

Just as a quick follow-up to what I just wrote: the 20,000 miles were deducted from the account after processing. Hopefully Delta will honor this request and it won't be halted by an actual person before mailing.

Does anyone know if the award request process is totally automated???
Old Jan 15, 2001, 10:43 pm
Original Member

Maybe Delta has decided to leave it up since other airlines (like US) have decided to offer their regular domestic US awards for 20,000 miles in off-peak season. However, the others only issue tickets, and Delta issues certificates (which can then be used during the peak time of year, summer, which the other airlines exclude). Just a surmise.

Djlawman
Old Jan 15, 2001, 10:48 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"Sorry - no availability for award travel. Would you care to purchase a ticket?"

Simply Good Business

Originally posted by Djlawman:
Maybe Delta has decided to leave it up since other airlines (like US) have decided to offer their regular domestic US awards for 20,000 miles in off-peak season. However, the others only issue tickets, and Delta issues certificates (which can then be used during the peak time of year, summer, which the other airlines exclude). Just a surmise.

Djlawman

------------------
"Sire, it is not a revolt. It is a Revolution!"
Old Jan 16, 2001, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally posted by Tolarian Wind:
A suggestion for the future

Don't email asking why something that has expired no longer works. It will most certainly never work after asking about it!

TW is totally correct on this point. The whole DL culture is based upon "SGB" and I am sure that the agent that took the call and informed management received brownie points for catching this oversight.

Old Jan 16, 2001, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
This is really a basic principle that everyone should learn, if it isn't already intuitive.

In my job, I deal with the IRS. All of us in similar positions KNOW not to ask the IRS for its position on a matter, if the response can only hurt you. Uncertainty and ambiguity are preferred in that situation. Clarity is negative! You will know that the government does not approve of something, whereas before you only suspected as much.

Dealing with Delta's "Simply Good Business" practices is more like dealing with the IRS than should be the case, but maybe they are telling us something about their attitude!

Bruce
Old Jan 16, 2001, 5:03 pm

Just so u all know I, myself, did not email Delta about the award. It was my dumb as* friend who did. He doesn't read the threads here, but I assure you all I have advised him of his carelessness. When I emailed him about the offer, I specifically told him that the offer had expired, but for some reason it was still allowing redemptions. He is the type who reads what he wants to hear....he chose not to pay attention to that part of it.

Hopefully now realizes the error of his ways (as well as me realizing I should keep the "secret" offers to myself and not share with those outside flyertalk!!!)
Old Jan 16, 2001, 5:03 pm

Just so u all know I, myself, did not email Delta about the award. It was my dumb as* friend who did. He doesn't read the threads here, but I assure you all I have advised him of his carelessness. When I emailed him about the offer, I specifically told him that the offer had expired, but for some reason it was still allowing redemptions. He is the type who reads what he wants to hear....he chose not to pay attention to that part of it.

Hopefully now realizes the error of his ways (as well as me realizing I should keep the "secret" offers to myself and not share with those outside flyertalk!!!)

[This message has been edited by abercrombie4me (edited 01-17-2001).]
Old Jan 16, 2001, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Has anyone ordered one certificate but received two? Then when they check their account online it shows a redeposit of the first award certificate even though the person still has it? So the person has two certificates but only 20K miles deducted from their account. I wonder if both certificates will be useable??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.