Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Save 5K Miles on redemtion Certificates

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2000, 12:22 pm

When I attempt to access the regular awards certificate request screen, I get a blank screen after hitting "request award certificates" button. I can not request ANY award certificate online.

2:30 PM EST
Sunday
Old Dec 17, 2000, 1:45 pm

It's still working.
Old Dec 17, 2000, 2:59 pm

The link: www.delta.com/awardcerts does not work for me. It only brings up a blank awards request screen with no input fields on it.

When I try the regular awards screen and type in D100, it says error found, no such award.

5:05 PM EST
Sunday
Old Dec 17, 2000, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Works for me...Maybe it only works for certain people.?!? I know you must type in your skymiles # and Pin before you do anything. Maybe you have to have q certain medallion level or....have certain number of miles in your account.

I am having no problems.
Old Dec 17, 2000, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Have you tried the REFRESH button on your browser? It is working just fine for me.

By the way, I would have sent you an email direct, but you do not have one in your profile.

Originally posted by dljohn:
The link: www.delta.com/awardcerts does not work for me. It only brings up a blank awards request screen with no input fields on it.

When I try the regular awards screen and type in D100, it says error found, no such award.

5:05 PM EST
Sunday
Old Dec 17, 2000, 6:04 pm

As of a few minutes ago, I became less challenged with the DL website and its awards request page. I guess if one does not click on the correct "GO" button, one does not get the screen sought. Live and learn! I am able to request a D100 award for 20,000 points.

With respect to the phone lines, they continue to ring busy continually.

8:10 PM EST
Sunday
Old Dec 17, 2000, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally posted by dljohn:
As of a few minutes ago, I became less challenged with the DL website and its awards request page. I guess if one does not click on the correct "GO" button, one does not get the screen sought. Live and learn! I am able to request a D100 award for 20,000 points.

With respect to the phone lines, they continue to ring busy continually.

8:10 PM EST
Sunday
I know, I know. ****able computers can not think what we are thinking. What is wrong with them anyway?

I have taught some computer classes. The most repeated phrase in every class is " Press the enter button" or "Click on the button"

Old Dec 19, 2000, 2:05 pm

Are the miles redepositable in the event I don't use the award?
Old Dec 19, 2000, 9:39 pm

The code worked fine here. My wife thanks you all tremendously!
Old Dec 20, 2000, 10:07 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I called Delta. This was a targeted promotion. However, with the code there are no restrictions. The certificates have all the rules of the regular certificates including returning the miles.
Old Dec 22, 2000, 12:44 pm
Original Member

These are still available folks, and so far as I know not restricted to those who may have received the promotion. Just went to the Delta web site, logged in, went to the "Request Award Certificate" page, and ordered 4 D100 certificates for 80,000 miles. That saves 20,000 miles over the 100,000 miles which would otherwise have been needed. A great tip, which saved me 20,000 miles. Have a year to ticket, and tickets can be used for a year after that.

Djlawman
Old Dec 22, 2000, 6:19 pm
Original Member

there is no request award that i can find on this site. Could someone please explain to me where it is
Old Dec 22, 2000, 9:51 pm
Original Member

Johnstar--here is the step by step. First, you must log in, using your skymiles # and PIN. If you don't have one, you can't do this. but, assuming that you do have one, log in, and go to the skymiles page. One the left hand side you will see various skymiles LINKS. scroll down to "request award certificates" and click that link. That will bring you to a page to request award certificates by inserting the award # and the # of them you want. Insert either of the award #s discussed earlier in thread (if you have enough miles for it) and the # of such certificates, and submit it.

Djlawman
Old Dec 25, 2000, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
It worked for me. No letter, but I used the code.

Bruce
Old Dec 26, 2000, 8:20 pm

It worked for me,thanks.
I had to go through the site as suggested. I could not go directly to the awards page. I logged in,clicked skymile, clicked request rewards, and filled in the code.

This is a reward certificate which you have a year to use , and I think the ticket is good for a year after issue. So you could reserve the trip next December for October 2002 travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.