Wiki Posts
Search

DL Holiday Card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2005, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by JS
It's because you live in a Delta monopoly city. Delta strikes off its list people who live in MLB, CSG, ABY, VLD, MCN, BQK, ISO, MEI, DHN, EKO and CDC.
I'm sure the card will be in the mail when I get home Wedneday. They will probably give me a voucher for 10 International BE tickets for making me wait an extra few days.

Happy Holidays!
Old Dec 18, 2005, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Mrs. Gargoyle, who is FO got a card; hers had a voucher for free first class upgrades on any Aeroflot flights in 2006-7. She tossed mine card in the garbage without opening it, but I just fished it out and found a 200k Cholula miles coupon.

Originally Posted by JS
It's because you live in a Delta monopoly city. Delta strikes off its list people who live in MLB, CSG, ABY, VLD, MCN, BQK, ISO, MEI, DHN, EKO and CDC.
What about people who live in a CRC?

Last edited by Gargoyle; Dec 18, 2005 at 9:50 pm Reason: added BS reply to JS
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I got one, but I think it was the FO version, since it was printed in silver ink.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 1:06 am

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
Got the FO version, not a bad idea from a marketing perspective.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 7:01 am

Programs: DL FO, UA Premier Silver, AA Gold, PC Gold, HH Silver, MR Silver
I got my lovely Silver/FO version and had a free mileage coupon. The problem is that I had buy 100,000 to get 1,000 free.

Think that's a good deal?

Old Dec 19, 2005, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by card26
IThink that's a good deal?
Nope.

And I'm surprised you didn't get 26 cards card.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Traveller
Nope.

And I'm surprised you didn't get 26 cards card.
You know, I should call DL about that. This way I can get 26,000 free miles. Of course, I'd have to buy 2.6 million miles but just think of all the Skysaver seats I could get.

Old Dec 19, 2005, 9:31 am

Programs: Delta PM,CRC, AA,CO,HHonors Diamond,Marriott Platinum,Priority Club Platinum
The card is a nice touch, but what about saving the $$ towards better perks?
Old Dec 19, 2005, 9:43 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold VIP, Air Tran Elite
$100,000 Delta Dollars

Originally Posted by atl runner
My wife and I both got the same card yesterday.

However, ours both had a coupon for 100,000 Delta Dollars as well. You better check your trash.

I, too, received the coupon for $100,000 Delta Dollars. Unfortunately, the fine print stipulates that a maximum of $5 may be applied to any given ticket. Since the coupon must be redeemed at a CTO or airport, a $10 fee will be charged. Thus, Delta has found a brilliant way to get an extra $5 on every ticket!
Old Dec 19, 2005, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You know, I should call DL about that. This way I can get 26,000 free miles. Of course, I'd have to buy 2.6 million miles but just think of all the Skysaver seats I could get.

I hate being the bearer of bad tidings (ok, I really do enjoy it), but having a large Skymiles balance will do nothing to make additional Skysaver seats appear. They are mostly mythical. However, a 2.6M SM balance might make Skygouger awards easier to swallow.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by BamaVol
I hate being the bearer of bad tidings (ok, I really do enjoy it), but having a large Skymiles balance will do nothing to make additional Skysaver seats appear. They are mostly mythical. However, a 2.6M SM balance might make Skygouger awards easier to swallow.
I think I meant to say Skychoice...But either way, with the depletion in Skysaver seats and Skychoice taking up the slack, Bamavol coined the best phrase....Skygouger.

Guess that's why DL offered such a generous package to kick in that free 1,000 miles.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think I meant to say Skychoice...But either way, with the depletion in Skysaver seats and Skychoice taking up the slack, Bamavol coined the best phrase....Skygouger.

Guess that's why DL offered such a generous package to kick in that free 1,000 miles.
Per Sarbanes Oxley 404 I am required to disclose that I can only take credit for re-using the phrase Skygouger, as I am certain I read it here first, some many months ago. I suppose I should do a search to apply credit where it is due.

edited to assert that I did indeed coin the phrase on 2/17/05, based on a search of the term. However, I have not trademarked it and permit use freely throughout these fora and in all communications with Delta Air Lines, its partners, subsidiaries and successors.

Last edited by BamaVol; Dec 19, 2005 at 12:06 pm
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol
edited to assert that I did indeed coin the phrase on 2/17/05, based on a search of the term. However, I have not trademarked it and permit use freely throughout these fora and in all communications with Delta Air Lines, its partners, subsidiaries and successors.
You are quite the trendsetter, aren't you?

I have a close friend who is a patent/trademark attorney. Perhaps you two can talk and trademark it. This way, when DL raises the minimum mileage for award travel, you will have Skygouger ready to go.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:13 pm

Programs: MAR Plat
Got mine today. Came with lifetime FC flying benefits.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Okay, who coined the term SkyRape? or SkyRaper?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.