Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CSA Czech Airlines Information

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2005, 8:59 am

Flew them many times.
Best part: Flight is direct NYC-PRG. & real size cans of the best Czech beer.
Worse part: The Airbus' 310 is alittle worn, (similar to what Delat flys trans-atlantic) no persnal tv's in the seat backs.

But they have 1 new plane, looks better, but coach seating is much more cramped.

Prague is a beautiful city, Don't take a cab from the airport, use the white mini-vans, they are similar top the SuperShuttle here in the US, but most of the time you are the one one in the van. Costs about 1/2 the price of a cab. The airport taxes are honest, (white vw passats) the others are not!
Old Jan 25, 2005, 8:59 am

Flew them many times.
Best part: Flight is direct NYC-PRG. & real size cans of the best Czech beer.
Worse part: The Airbus' 310 is alittle worn, (similar to what Delat flys trans-atlantic) no persnal tv's in the seat backs.

But they have 1 new plane, looks better, but coach seating is much more cramped.

Prague is a beautiful city, Don't take a cab from the airport, use the white mini-vans, they are similar top the SuperShuttle here in the US, but most of the time you are the one one in the van. Costs about 1/2 the price of a cab. The airport taxes are honest, (white vw passats) the others are not!
Old Jul 16, 2005, 12:10 pm

Czech Airlines???

I will be traveling business class to Prague on Czech Airlines from JFK and was wondering how it compares to DL, AF, NW, CO, etc.?

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 16, 2005 at 7:05 pm Reason: This milepost (and the next milepost) were merged into this thread unedited. Thank you, UpgradeMe!
Old Jul 16, 2005, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA,DL
CO is best, but no non stop to PRG. I like OK food.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if my recent PRG-DXB flight is anything to go by with regards to longhaul business on CSA, the seat isn't up to date but still manages to be quite comfortable and the food's really plentiful and really good!
Old Jul 17, 2005, 5:34 am

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent
My company makes us fly CSA within Europe a lot (excellent connections and great prices) and we rarely hear any complaints. I once had a 737 with really ****ty seats in economy, but as a gold I am virtually always upgraded anyway (on that flight I gavce my upgraded seat to my wife and sat with the riff-raff!).
Old Jul 18, 2005, 9:54 am

Programs: IHG SE, Bonvoy Plat, DL Plat, UA PPlat, EK Gold
I thought OK was more than okay...they were excellent. Flew biz AMS to PRG and PRG to CDG last Christmas.

Service was great. Food was actually pretty good. Beer was also great.

Wouldn't hesitate to fly them again. FWIW they've been around longer than DL.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:35 am

Talking

The best part is that they show Czech claymation cartoons (A Je To) a la Wallace and Gromit. I was laughing so hard I was crying.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by ClipperJCM
Good morning FlyerTalkers!

I just got back from my first all-SkyTeam European trip (DL-coded ticket; JFK-CDG-VIE on Air France; PRG-JFK on Czech Airlines). No problems whatsoever on the outbound flights, but when we arrived to check in at Ruzyne Airport, we encountered some trouble.

Despite holding paper tickets and a confirmed reservation (which I booked two months in advance), the CSA agents informed my girlfriend and I that our reservation (and seat assignments) had been canceled. After being sent to a second counter (and then returning to the first), we waited nearly 30 minutes for two Czech-speaking agents to finally determine that we could PROBABLY board OK50 for JFK.... so long as a connecting passenger from Bratislava wouldn't mind moving his seat to accomodate us.

I didn't really understand why that was necessary, but then again, I didn't understand much of what the agent was telling us. Ultimately, we went from an aisle and window seat in the front of the plane to a middle and aisle seat in the last row of the A310... next to the lav.

Does anyone have any idea why our reservation would have been randomly canceled? And has anyone ever had overbooking/cancellation problems like that on SkyTeam flights before? (My inclination as a frequent DL passenger was to begin bargaining for a rebook through another EuroHub like CDG or MXP, but I got the impression that the CSA agents weren't used to passengers recommending booking methods).

Thanks much!

Was your Ok flight 50 PRG-JFK, booked on a DL flight # (DL 8372), I was once told at checkin in PRG that my reservation was canceled. Luckily I speak Czech so my service was a little faster. At first the check-in agent told I was cancelled, I told her that I have to get to NY. She said the flight is pretty full, called someone on the phone & asked for an explanation.

Seems that I didn't re-confirm the flight, & the reservation computer drops the DL flights. There is a Delta Office in Prague, should have called them to re-confirm. Don't know if this happens often, because I usually fly the flight booked with the OK #.

From experience, Czech Airlines re-books only when absolutely neccessary (when they cancel a flight, they put up everyone in a hotel overnight & fly the next day) not easy to get on antoher plane.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:32 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Frank3172a
Luckily I speak Czech so my service was a little faster.
You speak Czech?!?

That is one language I had great difficulty in trying to figure out and pronounce, especially with the plethora of accents peppered (this word is used in homage of Cholula) throughout the words.

I looked at the CSA Czech Airlines Welcome Guide to Prague (the Czech language version) as well as the in-flight magazine. I was able to figure out very few words but still had no idea how to pronounce them...
Old Jul 25, 2005, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Any experiences with CSA carry-on policy? The conditions of carriage regarding baggage seem a bit more restrictive than Delta's (or some other airlines) but wonder how strictly is this enforced?

I plan to travel with a standard 22" carry-on bag (that I always do and fits dimensions perfectly) and a small backpack (for overflow and some personal items). If I follow their policy strictly, backpack is out as I doubt it qualifies as ladies purse, and it would be really embarrasing for me to carry a ladies purse
Also, I might exceed 12kg slightly.

Excerpt from their baggage policy:
All passengers are also entitled to carry, free of charge, one piece of cabin baggage, with maximum dimensions not exceeding a max. length of 56 cm, a max. width of 45 cm and a max. depth of 25 cm, furthermore, the sum of the 3 dimensions shall not exceed 115 cm. Passengers may carry in the cabin the following items for personal use: a lady’s handbag, overcoat, shawl or blanket, umbrella or walking stick, a small camera or a pair of binoculars, a notebook, reading material for the flight, an infant’s food (for consumption in flight) and a carrying basket, a fully-collapsible wheelchair for a disabled passenger, and/or crutches or a supporting device that the passenger is dependent on. The total weight of cabin baggage and items for personal use must not exceed 12 kg.

So, should I worry about this at all? (of course, this is an international itinerary, OK ticket, DL-OK-OK)
Old Aug 8, 2005, 11:28 am

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by bbelovic
Any experiences with CSA carry-on policy? The conditions of carriage regarding baggage seem a bit more restrictive than Delta's (or some other airlines) but wonder how strictly is this enforced?
I have often abused the carry on baggage rules - often quite disgracefuly - and apart from the odd nasty Air France woman at LHR (they are a strange breed!) always got away with it. In fact the Air France people didn't stop me - they were just very rude!!
Old Oct 28, 2005, 7:04 pm

CSA Changed Our Confirmed Seating: Why?

deleted

Last edited by SkeptiCallie; Oct 30, 2008 at 10:45 am
Old Oct 29, 2005, 6:11 am

Programs: A bunch of pretty little colored plastic cards.
Having flown the EWR-PRG route many in the past (prior to the switch to JFK) I was always pleased with the service in Business. Yes, the seats were even a bit dated then but were comfortable. The service was always well above par and I think really made for a pleasant experience. Service was very unhurried and each course was presented properly (hopefully this is still the case) -- not to mention the lounge in EWR was the Virgin Clubhouse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.