Wiki Posts
Search

CSA Czech Airlines Information

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2005, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dovster
However, I have been told that it is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe --.
In addition, they have some of the most beautiful women in the world. Dovster, you are slipping in your old age.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 7:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Rssrsvp
In addition, they have some of the most beautiful women in the world. Dovster, you are slipping in your old age.
I am very aware of how beautiful they are but I also realize that I tend to be easily lured by women of low virtue.

Therefore, I stay away from Prague in order not to get stuck with any bad Czechs.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dovster
I am very aware of how beautiful they are but I also realize that I tend to be easily lured by women of low virtue.

Therefore, I stay away from Prague in order not to get stuck with any bad Czechs.
I knew that was coming. I have a response, but it is not suitable for the board.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 7:41 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
An understatement to say the least. I was considering breaking up with my gf while I was in Prague, but couldn't since she was with me.

Old Jan 12, 2005, 8:25 am
POH

Programs: *Wood Gold, MP, SM, M&M, DM, HH Gold [Revoked], PC Gold, WP
I knew that was coming. I have a response, but it is not suitable for the board.
I lived in Eastern Europe for 3 years (91 - 94). The thing that REALLY surprised me was how beautiful all the women were. Growing up, I always heard jokes about large European women named Helga, with excessive body hair, etc. Boy was this stereotype shattered once I actually lived there! In fact, my wife is Lithuanian!

POH
Old Jan 12, 2005, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmscsc
Don't forget that the Czech Republic isn't on the euro yet so it's still a cheap country to visit in comparision to the other European countries.
Misleading to say the least. The Czech Crown has gained nearly 10% against the Euro over the past 8-9 months! A few days ago I paid 7.5 Euros at PRG a/p for a 200 CZK telephone-card! I was till I saw that the muppet had given me two cards instead of one
Old Jan 12, 2005, 12:02 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I found Czech Airlines (CSA) to be as good across the Atlantic Ocean as it was intra-Europe.

The food was quite good, the service was friendly and the aircraft were clean.

In all honesty, I hardly missed being in the forward cabin.

There were minor problems, such as the entertainment system not working properly. The seats were uncomfortable for the purpose of sleeping, but it did not seem like I would fare much better anyway in the business class section. Plus, they tried to seat me in the back, but I won out.

---------------------------

Because my flight from Prague to Venice on Czech Airlines (CSA) was on an ATR-42 propellor aircraft, the gate agent handed me an orange tag to gate-check it and tied another orange tag on my bag. I knew from my experience with flying on ATR-72 aircraft in the United States that there was enough room for my bag in the overhead compartment, but I knew better than to waste my time arguing with the gate agent.

As soon as I was out of her sight, heading towards the aircraft, I detached the orange tag from my bag, crumpled it and put it in my pocket. I then boarded the aircraft and placed my bag in the overhead compartment with no problem.

Sometimes you have to simply do things your way without letting anyone know about it...

Interestingly, this flight had meal service and a Business Class section in the last two rows of the aircraft, since boarding is in the rear of the aircraft.

A flight attendant informed me that the only difference between the two classes of service is that Business Class passengers get an extra drink or two and have their food served on china instead of in the typical trays — otherwise, both classes have exactly the same meals, seats and service.

If I can think of more information, I will impart it in this thread...
Old Jan 12, 2005, 1:03 pm

just ok

Originally Posted by USCGamecock
OK is ok!!!!!!! Fantastic service - I wish all were as nice in their service.
CSa is just ok, not fantastic. I guess that me & my co-workers always get the grumpy flight crew. They seem to be Very rude to English speaking clientel & if you speak in Czech you seem to get a little better service. I think their service is just above AF, & way fellow OS or other European airlines. This goes for long-haul & intra-Europe flights.

& I am not am not a di9fficult or complaining passenger. Just my observation. Little things about them annoy me, I slept thru the duty free sales on a BRU-PRg flight & when I asked a FA if I could still buy something, she sai" Why are you asking me, ask my co-worker who is in charge of duty-Free" but you should have her her tone of voice. Seemed as if I was really bothering her, Also have generous liquor onboard, but whwn you ask for more, they give it to you with a sourface, They seem to not now "please" or "excise me" neither in Czech or English.

one more thing a passnger next to me asked for a veggie meal, Fa says NO, your not on the list don't get it. Could have been a little more diplomatic about it etc...........
Old Jan 12, 2005, 8:28 pm

Programs: LH, AA, DL, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Flying_Duck
That is good to hear as Mrs. Duck and me will fly on the airline to-and-from CDG.

However, I must take issue with your overly generous generalization that the Check Republick is the only former "iron-curtain" country who has shed it's Eastern Block Mentality. Having traveled extensivedly in Croatia, Poland, Hungary, Former East Germany and Slovakia, I find that all of these, have worked, equally hard, to much success IMHO, to shed their past, permitting most of these Nations now to be part of EU (and NATO).
Wow, wait a minute. I'm from East Germany. What kind of mentality are you guys talking about? Working hard to shed our past? Sounds very arrogant and rather ignorant to me...
I've travelled Western Europe and North America. I'd say I've encountered just as much (or as little, whichever you prefer) poor service as I've seen in Eastern Europe.

FYI, the Czech, Slovaks and Polish have always treated me just as friendly as I have always tried to treat them. Isn't that true everywhere? Anyone who treats me with an "you're-from-behind-the-iron-curtain-and-need-to-learn-to-work-hard-and-please-me-westerner" will have to learn his lesson. I would guess that most of Eastern europeans feel the same way.

Oh, and by the way: it's been 15 years now. Quit bickering.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Czech Airlines info

Does anybody have any experience in coach ?
I'm planning a vacation to Prague and one of the options is the direct PRG-JFK flight on OK (as opposed to flying AF or DL via CDG).
TIA
Old Jan 24, 2005, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I haven't flown them but my son, who has flown both Czech and Air France in Coach, said that he didn't see any difference.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by thesaints
Does anybody have any experience in coach ?
I'm planning a vacation to Prague and one of the options is the direct PRG-JFK flight on OK (as opposed to flying AF or DL via CDG).
TIA
flew with them last spring:
aircraft was rather old and somewhat worn (Airbus 310)
FAs were really friendly
small amenity kits were handed out (nice touch)
drinks were free
food was terrible (lots of meats and fats) and resulted in food poisoning in my case
Old Jan 24, 2005, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL DM
Graraps?

Paging Graraps...
Old Jan 24, 2005, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by remyontheroad
Graraps?

Paging Graraps...
Your wish is my command.
But I don't have any experience of OK's longhaul product whatsoever. Actually I have never been on any flight longer than 4 hours, on any airline (this is set to change due to BA's error that will have me fly all the way to HK for peanuts)! When I get stuck in short-haul economy due to a GA who decides to be extra nasty to me and not upgrade me despite of empty seats, I still leave the plane satisfied. The good thing about OK that should apply to long-haul flights as well is that most pax fly on leisure and aren't as travel-savvy as FTers are. Consequently, even if the u/g doesn't come through, I am almost guaranteed an exit row just for asking!
In my experience, service is very good even in Economy, but the drinks selection in Eco (at least within Europe) is pathetic- beer, red wine or white wine. Obviously it's still better than other airlines who either charge for drinks or don't bother to serve them at all.

Last edited by graraps; Jan 24, 2005 at 9:24 pm
Old Jan 25, 2005, 8:29 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Titanium
Service is fine

I flew Czech in October 2003 (JFK-BUD, VIE-PRG, PRG-EWR). All of the flights were fine and the service was quite good. The IFE left something to be desired but otherwise would recommend them.

Prague is a beautiful city --- enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.