Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Suntrust to offer Debit card. Mile for every $1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suntrust to offer Debit card. Mile for every $1

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2009, 1:49 pm

Lots of miles-no club pass. Haven't had any coorespondence about it.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Received Sky Club passes today^
Old Sep 26, 2009, 7:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
Received Sky Club passes today^
I've had my Suntrust Card a couple months now.. And no complaints thus far... I really like how they deposit the miles within the first week of the following month, usually by the 5th. And I find I'm using the card for everything now. Although it did take almost 2 months to get the SkyClub passes...
Old Oct 9, 2009, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL-DM; HH-Gold; MR-Silver; Avis-First
Signed up a month ago. No Sky Club pass (no big deal, already a member), no 5,000 miles, no fee debited from my account.

And Now... the sign-on bonus is 15k.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 3:53 pm

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
I just called and signed up for the more expensive debit card. The guy I spoke with said you can only get one of the two non business cards, and to get the business card, you have to have a business account. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
Why no SkyMiles Check Card available for majority of the US?

I know this came up before, back when people got all excited over the first mention of SunTrust as the first check card provider for Delta.

Many people have voiced their concerns over the loss or gain of benefits which are important to them throughout the transition of both carriers to become the "new" DL with it's best in class mileage program.

My concern is this. I like using a Check Card, I love running all over town and using it so much its almost on fire. I like(d) earning miles with it too when I had the NW WorldPerks Visa Gold Check card. I'm just not ready to give in and have an account with a bank who doesn't have a branch within 2000 miles of my home in Seattle. The DL SkyMiles Check Card is offered in 11 States+ DC (the mid-south/southeast).

What about the rest of us? I find this just so unacceptable. This just baffles me that even those who live in NYC, SLC, MSP, DTW, SEA, LAX pretty much every medium or full sized DL hub city have NO ACCESS whatsoever to a Delta SkyMiles check card at a bank.

Maybe I'm the only one who cares about this. I'm not happy with the U.S. Bank FlexPerks Debit card I automatically received, nor the FlexPerks Visa, but I continue to use them whenever I go places (frequently) where the DL Platinum Amex is refused. More than anything I want to paint the town red with my debit card and earn SkyMiles the whole time. I know I can probably do what others have talked about and open a SunTrust Account (from thousands of miles away), but it seems like such a let-down to me, that it can't be offered with a bank that's accessible to the rest of the country.

I remember when they launched the card (and wrote about it on the DL Blog) : http://blog.delta.com/2009/07/10/new...card-launches/

They said stay-tuned for more SkyMiles Check Card partners soon if there isn't one in your area. Come on Delta. Give the rest of us a Check Card Partner too!!!!
Old Nov 2, 2009, 4:18 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, US, FlyingBlue
No matter what bank Delta went with as a debit-card partner they were going to be leaving some hubs out as there's no true "national bank." I find it pretty weak to have SunTrust as their sole partner which leaves out millions of potential debit card customers near MSP, DTW, JFK, CVG, and LAX. Let's hope the Skymiles team works on expanding their debit-card partners.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
Pretty much just Bank of America, Chase, and Wells Fargo nationally, I'd hope for one of them..
Old Nov 2, 2009, 4:48 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Merging this Thread with this one
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:16 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
There was talk back in August that another bank would be announced "soon". I think soon has past :-)
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I'd love to see Chase added to the mix.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL-DM; HH-Gold; MR-Silver; Avis-First
How long have most waited to receive bonus miles. 2 months now, fee has been assessed but no miles posted.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 5:44 am

Programs: DL GM, 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHC Spire
2x 15000 signup bonus???

Got my card and second card for wife (same account) Both keyed to my SM account. Was surprised to get 2 each 15000 skymiles bonuses (one from my 1x use and one from wife's 1x use). And 2 each SkyClub 1 day passes.^
Is this a mistake, or 'normal'?
And oh, yes - bank rep promised to waive first year fee, and no fee charged!

Last edited by DLBIZTRAVELER; Dec 15, 2009 at 5:46 am Reason: additional info
Old Dec 15, 2009, 8:44 am

I was planning on asking for a waive fee on renewal, you did better-well done.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by DLBIZTRAVELER
Got my card and second card for wife (same account) Both keyed to my SM account. Was surprised to get 2 each 15000 skymiles bonuses (one from my 1x use and one from wife's 1x use). And 2 each SkyClub 1 day passes.^
Is this a mistake, or 'normal'?
Yep - that's normal. I did the same thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.