Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by audidudi
This is a weird one... [...] However the app on my i-phone has still not updated more than 36 hours after the tablet and dl.com updated! And I have the latest iOS 10.0.2 software update on the phone! I have turned the phone off twice overnight, but still no update! Ideas anyone?
Does the app force you to login again when you power cycle the phone? I forget what the Android app does, and no idea about iPhone But if not, try forcing a logout/login again.

On a tangent, I've noticed the Android app shows stale cached info while it is updating new info in the background, most noticeably on the "My Trips" tab. It's especially confusing if switching from one person's account to another.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
No, the app doesn't ask me to log in again after powering on! It will eventually update, as this isn't the first time this has happened! One time I had to delete the app and then reinstall it to get the updates to happen! However it doesn't happen 100% of the time!

Last edited by audidudi; Oct 6, 2016 at 8:45 pm
Old Oct 8, 2016, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by audidudi
This is a weird one... After arriving from ICN>SEA>SFO two days ago, both my tablet and dl.com updated the MQDs, MQMs and MQSs within 12 hours, which is about normal for international flights to post as they take longer than domestic flights which usually post within hours. However the app on my i-phone has still not updated more than 36 hours after the tablet and dl.com updated! And I have the latest iOS 10.0.2 software update on the phone! I have turned the phone off twice overnight, but still no update! Ideas anyone?
i face this problem all the time with international flights....it sometimes takes 4-5 days for the app to update....
Old Oct 8, 2016, 5:35 pm

Programs: delta dm
Syd to Lax I was credited before I landed.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Syd to Lax I was credited before I landed.
Well, you did cross the Int'l Date Line.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by DeltaDunce
Well, you did cross the Int'l Date Line.
True. It also has happened to me one other time chs to atl.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton
Ap won't let me add bags to a check in. SkyMiles says just do it at the counter . Little but annoying😑
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
"modify search" frame moved

not sure if this is a bug or a new "feature" but it's really annoying

the "Modify Search" frame at the left side of the screen used to be directly adjacent to the "Search Results" table; now you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the results to find it

this makes it a real pain to quickly filter out multi-stop flights or undesirable connection points

and they STILL haven't fixed the fact that, when you use that panel to change a date of a multi-city trip, the search results reflect a round-trip between origin and first destination

further, the "Show All Results" link (that used to be at the top right corner of the search results) is now gone, so again you have to scroll all the way to the bottom in order to see more than the first 20 options
Attached Images  

Last edited by jrl767; Oct 23, 2016 at 8:03 pm Reason: add screenshot
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:22 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
that looks like a pretty standard CSS rendering bug, I'm sure it will be gone next time you log in.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
nope, still there (no surprise, I've seen it this way for a week or two; running Firefox 49.0.2 in case that makes a difference) ... moreover, I've put the computer in Sleep mode between home, office, conference, and home and it doesn't remember me when logging in

11/7: ok, the "remember me" feature is apparently disabled in Firefox (may be company/sysad policy), but surprisingly it works in Chrome; the display renders normally in Chrome also

Last edited by jrl767; Nov 7, 2016 at 2:12 pm Reason: Chrome update
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:33 am

Maybe this isn't the right thread but I'm a newbie here and didn't want to start a thread.

So, I know it's a crap redemption but I've got more miles than vacation days so I went ahead and dropped the 20K to get myself out of 34B and into 5A for an upcoming flight. I had to call in to do this. My questions are:

-Since this is an upgrade with miles, shouldn't I also get upgraded on the connecting flights? I'm not seeing any change in status on these flights.

-The mileage still hasn't been debited from my account 24h later. Does this usually take a while?

-Could both these issues be related, i.e. the CSR messed up and gave me a free upgrade, albeit on a single leg? That possibility makes me want to not call in about issue 1.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by aaronkz
Maybe this isn't the right thread but I'm a newbie here and didn't want to start a thread.

So, I know it's a crap redemption but I've got more miles than vacation days so I went ahead and dropped the 20K to get myself out of 34B and into 5A for an upcoming flight. I had to call in to do this. My questions are:

-Since this is an upgrade with miles, shouldn't I also get upgraded on the connecting flights? I'm not seeing any change in status on these flights.

-The mileage still hasn't been debited from my account 24h later. Does this usually take a while?

-Could both these issues be related, i.e. the CSR messed up and gave me a free upgrade, albeit on a single leg? That possibility makes me want to not call in about issue 1.
1. Mileage upgrades require inventory available in OP/RP. It's possible the segment that cleared is the only one that had immediately available inventory and you're waitlisted on the other segments (you should see "Upgrade Waitlisted" in that case). You might also have a broken fare in which case the other segments would unfortunately require a separate upgrade payment.

2. They won't be deducted until the ticket is actually reissued (you will nearly, but not always, get a new email saying "your flight receipt" with a different ticket number ending in starting with 006)

Last edited by Zorak; Oct 25, 2016 at 11:26 am
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
1. Mileage upgrades require inventory available in OP/RP. It's possible the segment that cleared is the only one that had immediately available inventory and you're waitlisted on the other segments (you should see "Upgrade Waitlisted" in that case). You might also have a broken fare in which case the other segments would unfortunately require a separate upgrade payment.

2. They won't be deducted until the ticket is actually reissued (you will nearly, but not always, get a new email saying "your flight receipt" with a different ticket number ending in 006)

Thanks for the quick reply! Since I figured the miles would be coming out anyway I went ahead and called to claim my seats on the connecting flights....

WHOOPS. Turns out my thesis was correct; the CSR yesterday had upgraded that one seat but never completed the booking, so no new receipt would have been issued and no miles debited. Naturally today's CSR "fixed" the problem and e-mailed me the new receipt. Oh well, at least I get to spend all day in F now...

I'm curious if I would have gotten away clean had I not called again. On the first call I only requested that specific flight, not the whole trip. I'm definitely going to try this again when there's a worthwhile opportunity and see what happens.

Last edited by aaronkz; Oct 25, 2016 at 11:24 am
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by aaronkz
WHOOPS. Turns out my thesis was correct; the CSR yesterday had upgraded that one seat but never completed the booking, so no new receipt would have been issued and no miles debited. Naturally today's CSR "fixed" the problem and e-mailed me the new receipt. Oh well, at least I get to spend all day in F now...

I'm curious if I would have gotten away clean had I not called again. On the first call I only requested that specific flight, not the whole trip. I'm definitely going to try this again when there's a worthwhile opportunity and see what happens.
Weird. I suspect there would have been a problem when you tried to check in and the mess would've been cleared up at that point, but who knows?

(I noticed I wrote "ending in" when I meant "starting with", went back and edited my original reply)
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:09 pm

The "Change" button has been broken for some time now, I think since the mid-October Technology Tuneup[sic]

A few days after that I wanted to see what changes the web site would offer and clicking "Change" took me to the booking screen as if I were doing a new flight search.

Today I'm trying to modify an award ticket and I get

LET´S TRY THAT AGAIN
We´re having some trouble completing your request right now. Give it another chance and start over.
If that doesn't work, contact us for help.
Message # 7000
both Firefox on Linux and Chrome on MacOS with all blocking/privacy stuff turned off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.