FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:32 am
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by aaronkz
Maybe this isn't the right thread but I'm a newbie here and didn't want to start a thread.

So, I know it's a crap redemption but I've got more miles than vacation days so I went ahead and dropped the 20K to get myself out of 34B and into 5A for an upcoming flight. I had to call in to do this. My questions are:

-Since this is an upgrade with miles, shouldn't I also get upgraded on the connecting flights? I'm not seeing any change in status on these flights.

-The mileage still hasn't been debited from my account 24h later. Does this usually take a while?

-Could both these issues be related, i.e. the CSR messed up and gave me a free upgrade, albeit on a single leg? That possibility makes me want to not call in about issue 1.
1. Mileage upgrades require inventory available in OP/RP. It's possible the segment that cleared is the only one that had immediately available inventory and you're waitlisted on the other segments (you should see "Upgrade Waitlisted" in that case). You might also have a broken fare in which case the other segments would unfortunately require a separate upgrade payment.

2. They won't be deducted until the ticket is actually reissued (you will nearly, but not always, get a new email saying "your flight receipt" with a different ticket number ending in starting with 006)

Last edited by Zorak; Oct 25, 2016 at 11:26 am