Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Happy Birthday Delta SkyMiles Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Birthday Delta SkyMiles Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2008, 5:30 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Timeframe

Anyone know when these e-mails are sent in comparison to your birthday?

I have a birthday on 11/8, and holding off booking a west coast flight.

Should I have already received an e-mail if I was was targeted for this promo?

I just turned FO in Sept and my birthday has always been listed in my profile.

TIA
Old Oct 22, 2008, 9:07 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by OneHourPhoto
Anyone know when these e-mails are sent in comparison to your birthday?

I have a birthday on 11/8, and holding off booking a west coast flight.

Should I have already received an e-mail if I was was targeted for this promo?

I just turned FO in Sept and my birthday has always been listed in my profile.

TIA
The Oct birthday email arrived in my inbox on Sept 25th.

Taking my DAY-ATL-PDX and back run in two weeks to get my double MQM's.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 9:12 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by GobBluth10
Sorry if I missed this in 16 pages of posts. Does anyone have insight into how the target marketing works? I'm pretty sure I didn't get targeted BECAUSE I'm getting very close to PM (I will hit it anyway, but I had to book a trip from BNA-SAN for next month at $250) and they don't want to help me out getting there.
Not sure, but I recieved it and I'm a first time Gold this year (will make PM before year-end). Was Silver when I recieved it (first time as well). Previously have taken 3-4 trips on Delta a year, but this year have had more travel for business (including a TATL and a Central America trip and several CVG/DAY to the West coast). Pretty much have had 1-2 r/t's a month (mostly on DL, a few on CO or NW).
Old Oct 23, 2008, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
Originally Posted by GobBluth10
Sorry if I missed this in 16 pages of posts. Does anyone have insight into how the target marketing works? I'm pretty sure I didn't get targeted BECAUSE I'm getting very close to PM (I will hit it anyway, but I had to book a trip from BNA-SAN for next month at $250) and they don't want to help me out getting there.
I didn't receive an email, but I think I may have registered before they sent out the email for October...what worries me in the terms is the part about how you must receive the email directly from Delta. I signed up, and it let me register. I confirmed this by trying to register again and it says I have already registered. If I'm registered...there shouldn't be any problems right?
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL DM; UA; AA
August birthday, got the email 1-Aug, booked the trip 7-Aug, flew mid-Sep, still waiting for the MQMs... which, if everything goes OK, I won't need (already booked enough to hit PM at the beginning of December). Should have predicted this and picked double bonus miles instead of double MQMs. Anyway, it's only three weeks since the end of post-birthday month for me...
Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:23 pm

Programs: Delta Silver; 0.75MM: AA; Alaska; Southwest
Has anyone with a November Birthday received the double MQM birthday promotion email yet? I'd like to book a transcon trip but waiting for the Nov birthday email. THX!
Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Geogirl1234
Has anyone with a November Birthday received the double MQM birthday promotion email yet? I'd like to book a transcon trip but waiting for the Nov birthday email. THX!
Ditto. I too have a Nov birthday and have not received the promo email.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Not yet, but I was thinking it would be here tomorrow anyway since Oct is a 31 day month. I too have a few transcons this month, DAY-ATL-SEA/SAN/SEA/SAN for the next four weekends... Maybe we'll see each other judging by your profile.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:50 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
I didn't get the email yet, but I manually typed in "November" in to another month's link and it works....

https://www.delta.com/marketing/happ...080522Birthday

Time to buy those Seattle trips.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:54 am

Hmm... Wait a second...

Have you made your birthday wish yet? Because it's time to pack your bags and celebrate. As our birthday gift to you, you'll receive double miles when you register and book a round-trip flight on Delta between now and November 30, 2008 and fly by December 31, 2008. It's like receiving double the gifts, because you'll be that much closer to your next Award Travel Ticket. Plus, you have over 400 domestic and international destinations to choose from, so you won't have a problem making your wishes come true.
How come November flyers are only getting the offer for double miles and not and/or double MQM's?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 12:18 pm

Programs: Delta Silver; 0.75MM: AA; Alaska; Southwest
Originally Posted by photojojo
Hmm... Wait a second...

How come November flyers are only getting the offer for double miles and not and/or double MQM's?
I noticed that too! I pulled up the October notice and compared it to the Nov notice and the references to MQM's have been deleted
Old Oct 29, 2008, 12:23 pm

I noticed that too! I pulled up the October notice and compared it to the Nov notice and the references to MQM's have been deleted
I called SMS and transfered to online support with someone who doesn't speak english very well and didn't get my question resolved. I'll try again later.

The language is removed in the fine print as well.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Argh! I was hoping to accumulate some MQMs in January to give me a head start on the year. I hope this is an oversight for the month of November and not a permanent "enhancement".
Old Oct 29, 2008, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM
Great...I FINALLY don't get a rock, and they take away the MQM...looks like my rock has just been smashed into gravel...argh....

-=tg=-

Last edited by tgtg; Oct 29, 2008 at 2:48 pm Reason: grammer
Old Oct 29, 2008, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by tgtg
Great...I FINALLY don't get a rock, and they take away the MQM...looks like my rock has just been smashed into gravel...argh....

-=tg=-
It doesn't really effect me in the grand scheme of things for this year, but Mrs. Photojojo and my assistant both have Nov or Dec birthdays and were going to need the promo to hit GM/PM.

Last edited by photojojo; Nov 6, 2008 at 8:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.