Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Happy Birthday Delta SkyMiles Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Birthday Delta SkyMiles Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2008, 1:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott PM
Could you please clarify what you received? Did you receive your normal MQMs at the time of the flight, and then another SINGLE MQM roundtrip just recently? So the two together make the DOUBLE MQM???
Old Dec 10, 2008, 1:38 pm
Jib

Programs: DL 5MM+/FC/DM through 2022, UA PEX, Marriott PPMLT, Starwood PM, Hertz PM
Originally Posted by bluegrass flyer
Could you please clarify what you received? Did you receive your normal MQMs at the time of the flight, and then another SINGLE MQM roundtrip just recently? So the two together make the DOUBLE MQM???
Posted as such for a July Birthday Bonus (ATL-PVG-ATL) for flights in July in September. This post was separate from the MQM's posted at the time of the flights in July.

Sep 2008 -- 08 BIRTHDAY -- 0 -- 0 -- 0 -- 22,978 MQM
Old Dec 10, 2008, 1:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott PM
Did you also receive 22,978 MQMs immediately after the flight?
Old Dec 10, 2008, 1:55 pm
Jib

Programs: DL 5MM+/FC/DM through 2022, UA PEX, Marriott PPMLT, Starwood PM, Hertz PM
Originally Posted by bluegrass flyer
Did you also receive 22,978 MQMs immediately after the flight?
11,489 at time of each flight in July for a total 22,978 MQMs in July and 22,978 MQMs posted in September as a bonus for the July flights.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 11:15 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, US, SW, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors
Still waiting...

For anyone else with a September birthday and a 10/31 cutoff date, have your bonus MQMs posted yet? Friday, December 12th (6 weeks from the end of promo) came and went without any activity for me. Yesterday, at the suggestion of SMS, I sent am email through delta.com and was very disappointed to receive a canned response basically restating the all of the original terms, telling me to wait four to six weeks, etc. Had the representative actually bothered to read my email, they would have seen I was well aware of the terms and well past the six week mark.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 11:42 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
I also sent an email yesterday since my Sept had not posted. Have not received any emails yet!
Old Dec 16, 2008, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
I also sent an email yesterday since my Sept had not posted. Have not received any emails yet!
+1. I sent them an email on Sunday and told them if they didn't post in 72 hours I'd contact the BBB. No response.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by ukguy78
For anyone else with a September birthday and a 10/31 cutoff date, have your bonus MQMs posted yet? Friday, December 12th (6 weeks from the end of promo) came and went without any activity for me. Yesterday, at the suggestion of SMS, I sent am email through delta.com and was very disappointed to receive a canned response basically restating the all of the original terms, telling me to wait four to six weeks, etc. Had the representative actually bothered to read my email, they would have seen I was well aware of the terms and well past the six week mark.
I received my September birthday mqm's several weeks ago (9-12 bday, flight on 10-6, posted 11-11).
Old Dec 16, 2008, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL GM
I didn't receive mine but I know i didn't meet the T and C, ie. I bought tickets prior to registration but flew during period....

I was hoping to get them, but never did. In hindsight doesn't matter and I easily crossed PM threshold. Didn't think I would so easily.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Just got my e-mail... and, yes, DL is in a less celebratory mood these days. 2X RDM and not 2X MQM. I guess they won't be providing a birthday cake either.

"Earn double bonus miles on your first Delta-marketed/operated round-trip flight purchased between December 18, 2008 and January 31, 2009 and flown between December 18, 2008 and February 28, 2009."

My next scheduled trip is RT to ATL... whopping 600+ miles each way.

Anyone tested to determine whether this is really applied as the first trip flown during the window (in my case 12/18 to 1/31)... or first trip after registering for the promo?

Also, does an allowable open-jaw itinerary (A to B then C to A) count as a round-trip?
Old Dec 18, 2008, 6:38 pm

I got the e-mail for my 1/11 birthday. No double MQM. If it would have been, I would be booking a weekend mileage run to CA in January.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 6:49 pm

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
I got the birthday email today. I really wish they would have sent it yesterday, considering I booked a flight to DUB last night.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
I STILL don't have my Sept miles and this is the response to the email I sent

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Delta's SkyMiles program.

"Your request has been forwarded to our Partner Representative for
review. Please allow 7-10 business days for your request to be
processed. If applicable, all credit will be posted as requested. You
will be contacted if additional information is required.

Your selection of Delta is appreciated, and we will always do our best
to merit your confidence and support."

What the heck the "Partner" has to do with this is beyond me! There's not PARTNER, it's all Delta! SHEESH!@
Old Dec 19, 2008, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Someone hit the wrong topic button on the random e-mail response generator,
Old Dec 20, 2008, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by helpless
I got the birthday email today. I really wish they would have sent it yesterday, considering I booked a flight to DUB last night.
you must be referring to the amazing $270 to DUB from SFO or WAS. i was thinking about this when i got my bday email yesterday, and how if i could have registered for the bday promo, then booked the DUB flight i'd end up with 36,456 rdm (with gm 2x) from one $270 flight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.