Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Happy Birthday Delta SkyMiles Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Birthday Delta SkyMiles Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:07 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by scotty00
The miles you posted below have nothing to do with the birthday promo...they're from the "double miles" promo that lasts from 9/11/08 to 10/10/08.

www.delta.com/hot
+1

You're looking for something like this:
10 Sep 2008 08 BIRTHDAY 0 0 0 1892

(disclaimer, this is cut and pasted from earlier in the thread. My birthday is next month.)

I have CVG-ATL-LHR-ATL-CVG on the Oct 23-27... I wish I could retro act this as we're trying to pile on miles for our honeymoon.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
The miles you posted below have nothing to do with the birthday promo...they're from the "double miles" promo that lasts from 9/11/08 to 10/10/08.

www.delta.com/hot
Yeah, I got that one for my MCO flight last week.

Based on what I have read here I don't expect to see the "birthday" bonus miles for a while. They seem to post very slowly LOL!
Old Oct 6, 2008, 8:10 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
How long after the qualifying flights is it taking for these miles to post? These, along with some Hilton MQMs, and my next round trip will push me to PM... would just like to know how roughly long it's going to take for the miles to post. Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2008, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Anyone receive their BDAY MQMs yet? I'm still waiting on some (September BDay, October 02 & 05 flights) and I'm still wondering what the time line is.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Anyone receive their BDAY MQMs yet? I'm still waiting on some (September BDay, October 02 & 05 flights) and I'm still wondering what the time line is.
I haven't received mine yet and I had an August birthday. I booked my ticket the first week of August and flew on the second week, both after registering.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 6:58 pm

Programs: Army Air- Triple Diamond, HH Diamond, DL Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
I also registered the first week in AUG, booked and flew the end of AUG. The miles have not posted as of yet. The rules do state the standard 'up to 6 weeks after the promo ends' which is the end of Sep for AUG birthdays. This means mid- NOV....They are really dragging their feet with this one.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 7:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I registered the first week of August but I didn't fly until the last week of September. I'm glad this thread is staying alive or I might forget to follow-up if I don't see my miles by Thanksgiving.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 3:22 am

Programs: DL PM
Same thing here. registered for the promo on 8 Aug 08 and booked 3 RTs - ATL-SJU-ATL, ATL-MEM-ATL, ATL-TPA-ATL and havent seen the double MQMs yet.

Should total 5344 MQSs. We shall see.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Skymiles94
Same thing here. registered for the promo on 8 Aug 08 and booked 3 RTs - ATL-SJU-ATL, ATL-MEM-ATL, ATL-TPA-ATL and havent seen the double MQMs yet.

Should total 5344 MQSs. We shall see.
The Double Birthday MQMs are only for one round-trip... the terms are vague on whether it's the first flown that was booked during the period, or the first booked that was flown during the period. Either way, 6 weeks after the end of October for me will be mid-December. If they haven't posted by the 12/15/08 and I have made PM by then through other means I'll be escalating things as high as I can.

Anyone want to make odds on a September birthday not getting his miles credited until 2009? I should have flights to push me to PM regardless, but if I don't (no flights = no hotels = no Hilton MQMs either) and these MQMS don't come through in time I'll be pissed. My travel likely won't stop completely, but with the way things are going in this country it's not outside of the realm of possibility. My company is already requiring more justification for travel, restrictions might be next.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 8:56 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Anyone want to make odds on a September birthday not getting his miles credited until 2009? I should have flights to push me to PM regardless, but if I don't (no flights = no hotels = no Hilton MQMs either) and these MQMS don't come through in time I'll be pissed. My travel likely won't stop completely, but with the way things are going in this country it's not outside of the realm of possibility. My company is already requiring more justification for travel, restrictions might be next.

The flip side is that if you have made PM by year end and these don't post until 2009 you get a jump on 2010 which might be good if your travel does take a hit.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
The flip side is that if you have made PM by year end and these don't post until 2009 you get a jump on 2010 which might be good if your travel does take a hit.
This would be fine if I make PM anyway by other means... but knowing my luck I might make PM anyway, then come January when these miles finally do post they would get back-dated to 2008 and not count for 2009 anyway. I also may have a trip to Brazil coming up in November... if so, it would be enough to get me to PM easily, but I'd much rather have PM before them and the outside chance to use some PMUs, as well as having lounge access.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 11:00 am

Anyone know if getting double bonus miles for flying via Atlanta in one promo negates getting double MQMs for the same flights in the separate birthday promo? I have already received my double bonus points for flights via ATL a couple of weeks ago (Actually, I forgot I had even signed up for that one.)but was also signed up for the double MQMs on those same flights as the first RT after the Happy Birthday invitation. Should I expect to get the double MQMs as well when they get around to posting birthday promo flight MQMs for September in a couple of months or is that hoping for too much?
Old Oct 14, 2008, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Sorry if I missed this in 16 pages of posts. Does anyone have insight into how the target marketing works? I'm pretty sure I didn't get targeted BECAUSE I'm getting very close to PM (I will hit it anyway, but I had to book a trip from BNA-SAN for next month at $250) and they don't want to help me out getting there.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 10:15 pm

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???
I haven't received mine yet and I had an August birthday. I booked my ticket the first week of August and flew on the second week, both after registering.
Sounds like you and I booked at the same time and flew at the same time. I have yet to receive the MQM either.

Currently sitting at 97,932 MQM with another 2,047 coming tomorrow on my EUG-MSY trip, thus putting me at 99,979 MQM for the year. Would like the birthday gift to push me over 100,000 MQM, then I could count the additional 15,000 miles as a second birthday gift.

Last edited by Lane412000; Oct 14, 2008 at 11:21 pm Reason: type in 15,000 MQM instead of 15,000 miles
Old Oct 15, 2008, 6:26 am

I'm relatively sure that it will count for '08,even if they are posted in '09, but when they post will determine when I make PM and I would rather do it sooner than later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.