Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2005, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL GM SkyClub; Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HILTON DIAMOND
If he is on a Y B or M fare, the upgrade should clear at time of booking or whenever the seats come available. It is only 5,3 and 1 day(s) before if you are on fares less than YBM.
SR
Old Apr 26, 2006, 12:33 pm

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott Ambassador - Lifetime Titanium Elite
Expert Flyer / Delta V Class Conflict

DL flight 1683 (PDX - ATL) for April 30th shows V9 on Expert Flyer but Delta says it is V0. Coach looks full so V0 makes sense. Is this an Expert Flyer problem or am I misreading it?
Old Apr 26, 2006, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by CAVU
Delta says it is V0
Can you elaborate? When I try to book the flight on the DL website the Upgrade Status box shows "Available."
Old Apr 26, 2006, 1:29 pm

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott Ambassador - Lifetime Titanium Elite
Called Delta again. The dreaded Journey Control in action. PDX-ATL is available but I am going onto SDF, so it is blocked. They are working around it.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 2:19 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CAVU
Called Delta again. The dreaded Journey Control in action. PDX-ATL is available but I am going onto SDF, so it is blocked. They are working around it.
Grrrrr. Why can't the Delta programmers add a simple "If" logic to the beginning of their Journey Control algorithm.

If (Class != 'V' AND Class != 'X' AND Class != 'O' AND Class != 'Z' AND Class != 'N')
Run Journey Control

Else()
Continue with booking

It seems painfully obvious that it is a logic error in their software, or they just don't want us to upgrade...or book awards...

Last edited by TTT; Apr 26, 2006 at 3:16 pm Reason: Logic error...oops
Old Apr 26, 2006, 2:28 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Gold, Marriot Silver
Ahh, yes.. You can smell a C programmer miles away.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by TTT
If (Class != 'V' OR Class != 'X' OR Class != 'O' OR Class != 'Z' OR Class != 'N')
I don't know what's trying to be accomplished, but those ORs should probably be ANDs if one wants a different answer from time to time!
Old Apr 26, 2006, 3:15 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pharaoh
I don't know what's trying to be accomplished, but those ORs should probably be ANDs if one wants a different answer from time to time!
LOL. Good point....
Old Apr 27, 2006, 1:01 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Does Expertflyer no longer show Z availability?

I can't get Z availability to show up on Expertflyer. It keeps giving me the standard F through T on DL, or keeps bringing up Z on other airlines. Haven't used it for a while -- is this a change, a glitch, or am I making some stupid mistake? Thanks for the advice!
Old Apr 27, 2006, 1:21 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This post says that ExpertFlyer still shows Z availability. Maybe its not available on your flights? Have you tried just searching for Z randomly? Also make sure you are looking segment by segment as the married segment logic will come into play and 0 it out if it is not available on one or the combination of more than one segments.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 1:50 pm

Programs: dl lh
I just gave it a try and it worked for me for internationall flights (in november). As TTT mentioned it helps to do it by segment and check the nontop box in order to avoid domestic F segments without Z inventory. Sometimes even then CO flights are showing up. I am afraid that expert flyer just indicates the lack of short term Z inventory released by delta. Good luck finding your flights.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 3:10 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Thanks for the advice. I can see availability now for all the dates that weren't showing this morning. Weird. I suppose one shouldn't set out to look for DL award/upgrade availability without first having a drink or two.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 5:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
ExpertFlyer -- Am I doing this right?

Hi Guys --

I decided to sign up for an expertflyer membership. I am trying to check V-Class avail for my Monday return Flt 540 RSW-ATL. I go to flight availability, and enter the info w/"V" as fare class. It is currently not showing any availability (doesnt come up with anything at all).

Am I doing this right? Or is there, in fact, V-class avail?

Tks,
Matt
Old Jun 29, 2006, 5:19 pm

It sounds like you're doing it right. If there is no V avail, I get a "0 flights returned" message--you can double check you're doing it right by leaving the fare class box blank but keeping all other info the same--even if all non-hidden buckets are zeroed out, it should display that info.

The one thing to check is that you're inputting the departure time--it's my one major gripe with ExpertFlyer--if you forget to change the time on the pulldown menu to one near your flight's departure, the flight you want won't show up.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 2:08 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by enigmamatt
Hi Guys --

I decided to sign up for an expertflyer membership. I am trying to check V-Class avail for my Monday return Flt 540 RSW-ATL. I go to flight availability, and enter the info w/"V" as fare class. It is currently not showing any availability (doesnt come up with anything at all).

Am I doing this right? Or is there, in fact, V-class avail?

Tks,
Matt
Yes, as Clarence5ybr mentioned, check the departure time entered. Also, some DL domestic flights are actually through-international flights and in those cases, even though the premium cabin on the domestic portion is normal old domestic First seating, the flight shows Business Class inventory instead of First; in these cases, you would have to look for "X" inventory instead of "V".
One example is DL 98 which goes CVG-JFK-BUD so if one is trying to look for upgrade inventory on the CVG-JFK flight, one should use X instead of V. However, I don't believe DL540 RSW-ATL is such a case, so V should be correct.

Just to be doubly sure, you can always go to delta.com and make a dummy booking in Y and see if it shows any upgrade availability there...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.