Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Master A330-300 (A333) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master A330-300 (A333) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles, MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Elevate
Originally Posted by bgriff
Not to mention that the Alitalia 777 is in 3-4-3 configuration so you'd be stuck sitting next to a stranger, while the A330s have the 2 seats by themselves on the side.

As I mentioned above Comfort+ gets you extra legroom and priority boarding, and maybe a few other little perks. (On domestic flights it also gets you free booze, but on international flights the booze is free throughout coach.)

There's no significant difference among the different rows; it is just a question of whether you want the bulkhead with the tradeoffs that I mentioned above. Personally I get restless and like to be able to stretch my legs, particularly on a long flight, so I would probably avoid the bulkhead.

The only connecting option that might be worth considering is if you can find anything on the KLM 747 connecting in Amsterdam. They have an Economy Comfort product similar to Delta's Comfort+, and on their 747s it is in a very comfortable separate cabin in a window-3 seats-aisle-2 seats-wall configuration, and there is even some extra space between the 2 seats and the wall, so those seats are really pretty great. Note that Delta.com will sell you some KLM flights, but due to some IT stupidity, if you book on Delta.com you won't be able to choose Economy Comfort seats on KLM until check-in -- so better to book on KLM.com if you're going that route, to ensure you can secure the seats now.
Thanks, bgriff. I will take a look at KLM and see about that option.

Couldn't agree with you more, especially on a honeymoon I'd prefer the 2 seats together without a third - I get the window, fiance gets the aisle, everyone is happy. Actually, the bulkhead might be better since the fiance tends to get restless on long flights.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:05 pm

ATL to MUC seat advice

Hello everyone,

So I will be flying to ATL to MUC in Delta with my 13 year old daughter. First time we have flown to Europe and first time we will be on a plane for more than 5 hours straight! I was able to secure seats but they seem so so to me and frankly with such a long flight I am thinking of upgrading to Delta Comfort+, however the upgrade is $109 a piece each way which would mean spending over $400 for both of us roundtrip...So currently I have seats 39 H J on our way to MUC and 24 A B on our way back to the US, I just do not know how comfortable these seat are. I am 6' 190lbs so not a huge guy, I usually feel a little cramped on economy domestic flights, I feel the least cramped on AA flights for whatever reason.

If I upgrade to C+ it would be probably to seats 10 (bulkhead), maybe 12 AB or HJ. My priority is being able to sleep on my way there, coming back not so much as I think I will be awake most of the time so comfort will be important. The upgrade would be somewhat of a waste on my daughter as she does not need any extra space but if I do it we have to sit together.

Feedback and advice would be appreciated, I know it is somewhat of a personal choice to upgrade or not, I can do it but do not want to waste my money if trying to sleep in row 39 will be the same as row 10. Coming back I am definitely upgrading, just trying to decide between bulkhead 10 or a few rows back 12.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:15 am

Booked flights last night. Could have gotten cheaper options with another carrier, I know, but we opted to pay extra for Delta (non-stop, American-flagged carrier, bonus miles for new SkyMiles credit card) and pay the upgrade to Comfort+. Plus, the benefit of booking now for June is that we got first row/bulkhead. Very excited!

Thanks to all for input and suggestions.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by v8man
Hello everyone,

So I will be flying to ATL to MUC in Delta with my 13 year old daughter. First time we have flown to Europe and first time we will be on a plane for more than 5 hours straight! I was able to secure seats but they seem so so to me and frankly with such a long flight I am thinking of upgrading to Delta Comfort+, however the upgrade is $109 a piece each way which would mean spending over $400 for both of us roundtrip...So currently I have seats 39 H J on our way to MUC and 24 A B on our way back to the US, I just do not know how comfortable these seat are. I am 6' 190lbs so not a huge guy, I usually feel a little cramped on economy domestic flights, I feel the least cramped on AA flights for whatever reason.

If I upgrade to C+ it would be probably to seats 10 (bulkhead), maybe 12 AB or HJ. My priority is being able to sleep on my way there, coming back not so much as I think I will be awake most of the time so comfort will be important. The upgrade would be somewhat of a waste on my daughter as she does not need any extra space but if I do it we have to sit together.

Feedback and advice would be appreciated, I know it is somewhat of a personal choice to upgrade or not, I can do it but do not want to waste my money if trying to sleep in row 39 will be the same as row 10. Coming back I am definitely upgrading, just trying to decide between bulkhead 10 or a few rows back 12.
See my post above. My fiance and I just booked JFK-FCO for our honeymoon. I've been to Europe 7 or 8 times, so I'm used to the flight (12 hours from Israel to NY doesn't phase me anymore). But my fiance has never crossed an ocean, and the longest flight he's been on is 5-6 hours from NY to LA. We opted for the Comfort+ for both flights. Granted we were willing to spend a little more since it's a special trip, but an extra $109/person ($119 in our case) was worth it. Compared to $49 for a 2-3 hour domestic flight it was a no-brainer.

We booked 10 A&B outbound and 10 H&J inbound, but I've gotten very good impressions of these seats so far. Seems like it will be well worth the money we spent.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by rwoman
I'm pretty certain Row 10 leg room is good!! Some do not like the fixed arm rests.
I remember that the arm rests are fixed on the 10 AB and HJ -- are they also fixed for 10 CDFG?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Seat configuration on my flight (sep13) just changed: Row 14 is now EC, at least as CDEF are concerned.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 11:51 am

Atlanta to Honolulu Delta A330-300 Economy Comfort seats 10H and 10J: Because these are bulkhead seats behind the galley area and the tray tables are located in the nonmovable arm rests, I'd like to find out where the personal monitors are located or whether these seats even have personal monitors? Thanks.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by selongley
Atlanta to Honolulu Delta A330-300 Economy Comfort seats 10H and 10J: Because these are bulkhead seats behind the galley area and the tray tables are located in the nonmovable arm rests, I'd like to find out where the personal monitors are located or whether these seats even have personal monitors? Thanks.
They'll be stored under your armrest, so you won't have access during take off and landing. Once airborne, you'll push a button and it will swing up and is adjustable. Check out post # 1794 here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ating-120.html. In the second photo of that post at the bottom left of both seats you'll see where the PTVs are stored.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
In April, I booked Nov-Dec D1 travel that got me on the 330 ATL-FCO-ATL. A few weeks ago DL switched this to the horrible 764s and has not switched back to the 330s or at least a 763. I have been checking this every Saturday.

What such a horrible plan for such a long flight? Is there any hope of getting the 330 back? Departure is Thanksgiving day and return is Dec 7.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Xeno
In April, I booked Nov-Dec D1 travel that got me on the 330 ATL-FCO-ATL. A few weeks ago DL switched this to the horrible 764s and has not switched back to the 330s or at least a 763. I have been checking this every Saturday.

What such a horrible plan for such a long flight? Is there any hope of getting the 330 back? Departure is Thanksgiving day and return is Dec 7.
I don't pretend to know about the likelihood of DL making more equip swaps, but honestly, I don't fully understand the level of hatred toward the 767s. I just flew a 333 out and 764 back and, while I liked the 333 better, I had zero issues with the 764. Actually felt like there were more places to store all my stuff on the 764 with the netted pockets and bigger table.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott Ambassador - Lifetime Titanium Elite
A330-300 row 1 seats C & G foot well

I am traveling with my wife this summer on this plane. I know the row 1 middle J seats on the 767 have a bigger foot wells. Does the A330?

Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by v8man
Hello everyone,

Beware that the bulkhead seats will have the tray table in the armrest. That means the armrests will be fixed (can't raise them up) and will narrow the seat width. Doesn't sound like you're over weight, but I'm a a few pounds heavier than you and that loss of seat width on a long flight makes a big difference in comfort.

See Seatguru to check out seats.:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del...30_200_new.php
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:41 am

What seat to pick

I dont know if this is the right forum to post this, otherwise a mod has to move it or delete it.

Hello I'm flying next June from AMS to SEA. I upgraded to EC and I can pick any seat I want. I travel alone, and I'm in doubt which seat to pick. Right now I picked seat 10J for both flights.
My flight from AMS to SEA is during daytime, and I don't think I want to sleep. My flight back is during night hours and during that flight it would nice to get some sleep.
Can you please give me some advise on what seat to pick now all my options are still open.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by Wim Knol
I dont know if this is the right forum to post this, otherwise a mod has to move it or delete it.

Hello I'm flying next June from AMS to SEA. I upgraded to EC and I can pick any seat I want. I travel alone, and I'm in doubt which seat to pick. Right now I picked seat 10J for both flights.
My flight from AMS to SEA is during daytime, and I don't think I want to sleep. My flight back is during night hours and during that flight it would nice to get some sleep.
Can you please give me some advise on what seat to pick now all my options are still open.
I like the row 10 seats, with no one to recline into your seat. If you're a heavy set person the slight reduction in width might bother you.

Welcome to FlyerTalk, but please do read the FlyerTalk rules; you'll find them under the Help tab. You will learn that cross-posting is against the those rules. I've already seen your post on three different threads.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 5:57 am

Which seats are best with a Toddler and Lap Child

Hi there, I hope this is the right thread that someone can assist. I am going to be flying BC from AMS to SEA this summer on a KLM/Delta operated flight by myself with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. It's a 330 and just wondering if it's better for myself and my 3 year old to be seated in the middle two seats of the 1-2-1 set up or across the aisle from each other - or maybe they don't allow that? I want to be able to assist my 3 year old easily and the partition between the 2 seats looks high.
Any suggestions welcomed, if you have previous experience with this situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.