Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Master A330-300 (A333) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Old May 24, 03, 6:08 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]

Moderator Note: This thread contains a compilation of A330-300 (A333) seating threads in regard to the best seats in both Coach and World Business Class on this particular aircraft. For recent threads please see the last few posts of this thread.

And please keep all questions regarding seating questions of this aircraft limited to this thread. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

slippahs, DL forum co-moderator

Last edited by slippahs; Jan 2, 10 at 2:21 pm
Old Sep 9, 03, 12:10 pm
k2

Programs: Delta DM MM
A330 Seating - any feedback on row 10?

Seatguru doesn't have enough feedback yet so I'm wondering if anyone here has flown in row 10 on the A330 - I'll be taking my first flight on it in 2 weeks. I'd like to know if the legroom is much better, are the window seats blocked by exit doors, etc.

Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 03, 2:52 pm

The NW seat maps for the A333 show the slide bulge interferes with row 10 window seat (A and J IIRC)legroom.
Old Nov 24, 03, 2:31 pm

Quick question (and kind of urgent, I'm flying Wednesday):

I currently have an inside aisle seat in the front coach cabin (E+)...there is a window seat available in the same cabin. How is the curvature of the plane on the A333?

I would ordinarily jump at the chance to switch my aisle for a window seat, but in this particular case, I have an open seat next to my aisle seat, and the window seat has a partner there in seat B.
Old Nov 24, 03, 3:29 pm

Location: Here, There and Everywhere (but now on the Pacific)!
Programs: AC E75, MPC G and NEXUS/GE fan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, National EE, Amex Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HeelLaw:
Quick question (and kind of urgent, I'm flying Wednesday):

I currently have an inside aisle seat in the front coach cabin (E+)...there is a window seat available in the same cabin. How is the curvature of the plane on the A333?

I would ordinarily jump at the chance to switch my aisle for a window seat, but in this particular case, I have an open seat next to my aisle seat, and the window seat has a partner there in seat B.
</font>
I had a similar situation, and found that the inside aisle, with an open seat next to it, is a fantastic way to go. I actually prefer it to a window/aisle if the window/aisle is full.

the curve of the plane isn't bad, but I still prefer the aisle.

enjoy your flight, and the PTV's!
Old Jun 8, 04, 7:57 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
best seat in WBC on A 330

There has been discussion about seating in coach and WBC seating on the 747, but what are the experiences/opinions about WBC seating on the new A 330? There is limited information on SeatGuru - row 1 is rated high (green), and rows 6 are rated lower (yellow). I am flying for the first time next week, and have row 1 over, and am trying row 2 on the way back.
Old Jun 8, 04, 8:08 am
mdb

Location: DTW DL DM,TK Gold,EK Silver SPG Gold,Hertz Pres Cirlcle GP Mich
There are quite a few theads on this topic, but I personally like row 1 - there is alot of extra leg room. I have flown about 10 times on the 333 and have always sat in 1 A or B - maybe the other seats are nice, but I have no experience in them.
Old Jun 8, 04, 8:34 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond
I'm also a fan of row one - lots of room, nobody reclining into you, and you get your meals first. I would avoid the middle 2 seats, though, as this is where the newspaper cart is typically placed during boarding.
Old Jun 8, 04, 9:22 am

Programs: DL Diamond; HH Gold; Accor Gold
I will also support row 1. Noise from galley is minimal and probably would be a factor throughout the BC.
Old Jun 8, 04, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, AmEx Cent, Misc Hotel Bling, Moms love me
Originally Posted by fromYXU
I will also support row 1. Noise from galley is minimal and probably would be a factor throughout the BC.
Agreed. Row 1 (preferably 1B) hands down.

I've flown in most parts of the cabin, and while it's all nice I prefer not having anyone recline into me, and less noise.
Old Jun 8, 04, 10:38 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond
I'll take your advice and I'll try and grab row 1 for my trip to CDG that I just booked on a standard award for my wife and I in Feb.

I've seen this bird so many times in DTW and I'm really looking forward to flying it, especially up front.

Tubeman
Old Dec 6, 04, 3:16 am

"Premium" coach seats on the A330-300 (A333)? [Merged Threads]

Hi guys,

First time NW flyer (being based out of SLC, I normally take DL everywhere).

I have a trip coming up in March...SLC-DTW-AMS-ARN-CPH-AMS-MSP-SLC. The DTW-AMS segment is on an A330.

According to SeatGuru, the front half of coach is equipped with power ports and a bit of extra legroom or pitch (I don't remember which). Is there a trick to landing a seat in this front half of coach? Is it just a matter of who books their tickets and request the seats first?

My ticket is in Q-class (coach-discounted, but not the coach-deep discounted), if that has any bearing on it.
Old Dec 6, 04, 4:17 am

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
[QUOTE=MastaHanky]Hi guys,

First time NW flyer (being based out of SLC, I normally take DL everywhere).

I have a trip coming up in March...SLC-DTW-AMS-ARN-CPH-AMS-MSP-SLC. The DTW-AMS segment is on an A330.

According to SeatGuru, the front half of coach is equipped with power ports and a bit of extra legroom or pitch (I don't remember which). Is there a trick to landing a seat in this front half of coach? Is it just a matter of who books their tickets and request the seats first?

Unless you are a NW elite you can not get in to the premium section of the Aircraft until check-in.

You might want to call NW customer service and tell them you are thinking of switching to NW. Maybe that will do you some good.
Old Dec 9, 04, 10:35 am

After reading this thread I attempted to get a exit seat, I am 6'6'', on an upcoming flight to LGW and it allowed me to changed my seating assignment. The question I have is will I get bumped from this new assignment?
Old Dec 9, 04, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by industry_killer
After reading this thread I attempted to get a exit seat, I am 6'6'', on an upcoming flight to LGW and it allowed me to changed my seating assignment. The question I have is will I get bumped from this new assignment?
Probably not, but don't be pissed if you do. As an elite, I feel that I've earned the right to sit in that seat over you & if you're accessing premium seating, that hurts my benefits.

Search this Thread