FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master A330-300 (A333) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]
Old Nov 7, 2015, 12:35 pm
Bear4Asian

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by v8man
Hello everyone,

So I will be flying to ATL to MUC in Delta with my 13 year old daughter. First time we have flown to Europe and first time we will be on a plane for more than 5 hours straight! I was able to secure seats but they seem so so to me and frankly with such a long flight I am thinking of upgrading to Delta Comfort+, however the upgrade is $109 a piece each way which would mean spending over $400 for both of us roundtrip...So currently I have seats 39 H J on our way to MUC and 24 A B on our way back to the US, I just do not know how comfortable these seat are. I am 6' 190lbs so not a huge guy, I usually feel a little cramped on economy domestic flights, I feel the least cramped on AA flights for whatever reason.

If I upgrade to C+ it would be probably to seats 10 (bulkhead), maybe 12 AB or HJ. My priority is being able to sleep on my way there, coming back not so much as I think I will be awake most of the time so comfort will be important. The upgrade would be somewhat of a waste on my daughter as she does not need any extra space but if I do it we have to sit together.

Feedback and advice would be appreciated, I know it is somewhat of a personal choice to upgrade or not, I can do it but do not want to waste my money if trying to sleep in row 39 will be the same as row 10. Coming back I am definitely upgrading, just trying to decide between bulkhead 10 or a few rows back 12.
Beware that the bulkhead seats will have the tray table in the armrest. That means the armrests will be fixed (can't raise them up) and will narrow the seat width. Doesn't sound like you're over weight, but I'm a a few pounds heavier than you and that loss of seat width on a long flight makes a big difference in comfort.

See Seatguru to check out seats.:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del...30_200_new.php