Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

A Challenge: The Least-Expensive Way to Get The Most Medallion Qualification Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2013, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
Significant points at which to start in this discussion:

Print Wikipost

A Challenge: The Least-Expensive Way to Get The Most Medallion Qualification Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2004, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by SaveDelta
Try routing ATL-CVG-SLC-IAH-SLC-CVG-ATL
Wow - that would have been a great segment run in the old days, wouldn't it? I had been routing it ATL-CVG-IAH-CVG-ATL or ATL-SLC-IAH-SLC-ATL, which gave me fewer MQM's. However, I really don't need the extra 1K MQM's to get where I need to be, so I'll probably forego the extra legs. Thanks for the help.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 6:57 am

Sadly, this DL fare seems to have disappeared. This morning it's showing well over $1000 for just a 1 way on the ATL-CVG-SLC-IAH route in A. It was still there late last night. Hope everyone will continue to do a great job of keeping us posted on opportunities like this. It seems some select A fares are about the only really good MR fares on DL anymore. OK, maybe an occasional international I fare as well but those take too much long range planning for many of us.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 7:08 am

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by upgrader
Sadly, this DL fare seems to have disappeared. This morning it's showing well over $1000 for just a 1 way on the ATL-CVG-SLC-IAH route in A. It was still there late last night. Hope everyone will continue to do a great job of keeping us posted on opportunities like this. It seems some select A fares are about the only really good MR fares on DL anymore. OK, maybe an occasional international I fare as well but those take too much long range planning for many of us.
I think this may be one of those cases of sharing or not sharing the info. If nothing would have been said on this board, is it possible the fare wouldn't have been removed? I would rather share with my FT'ers and hope they can take advantage of it before it disappears.

Guess I am back to the ATL-CVG-HNL A fares
Old Nov 10, 2004, 4:14 pm

Still showing up at the low price for me...

Pulling up $290.80 and 6,788 MQMs one way on Delta.com.

Last edited by mtparadis; Nov 10, 2004 at 4:17 pm
Old Nov 10, 2004, 4:30 pm

I was able to find it again playing with fares and dates.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 6:15 am

I messed up in checking this fare yesterday and you have my apologies. It is still available this morning. Thankfully, the ever watchful eyes of FT caught my error and corrected it. I'll try to be much more careful next time.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 7:46 am

I messed up in checking this fare yesterday and you have my apologies. It is still available this morning. Thankfully, the ever watchful eyes of FT caught my error and corrected it. I'll try to be much more careful next time.
We'll forgive you this time.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 9:43 am

Programs: DL Gold, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz Gold Pres Circle, AMEX Plat
Only four, yes 4 MQMs needed

I need four, not four hundred or four thousand, MQMs to make status for 2005 but have no planned flights between now and the end of 2004. Any thoughts to get 4 MQMs? By the way, I'm located in Washington D.C.

Thoughts on the likelihood of calling DL and asking for the bump in status?
Old Nov 11, 2004, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by sperberj
I need four, not four hundred or four thousand, MQMs to make status for 2005 but have no planned flights between now and the end of 2004. Any thoughts to get 4 MQMs? By the way, I'm located in Washington D.C.

Thoughts on the likelihood of calling DL and asking for the bump in status?
I'd call DL first and ask if they'll just grant you the status. If rejected on the first call, then call again.

If DL absolutely refuses, then you might have to do a mileage run...which is kind of ridiculous for just 4 MQM's. However, out of the DC area there are some cheap runs you could do for a around $100.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
If you don't receive a favorable response from SMS, I suggest that you call the executive offices on Virginia Avenue.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by Rssrsvp
If you don't receive a favorable response from SMS, I suggest that you call the executive offices on Virginia Avenue.

I'd suggest the following:

1. Telephone call to SMS
2. Fax letter to SMS 404-773-1945
3. Email to SMS (log into Delta.com and goto "contact us")

Reply to every email. Keep banging away at them. Request that SMS forward your file to the "(insert precious metal type) Medallion Desk". It has worked for me.

MO

Last edited by MachOne; Nov 11, 2004 at 12:48 pm
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by MachOne
Request that SMS forward your file to the "(insert precious metal type) Desk".
Took me a few seconds to understand what you meant
Old Nov 11, 2004, 1:33 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, DL Gold, Hertz Five Star
Need 5000 MQMs to make plat.....

Out of GSO but can go anywhere....Also, can anyone help with leaving out of Key West during Decemeber. Will only be in GSO for the next 10 days. Still need the 5000 MQMs and can go anywhere anytime.....

Last edited by befird; Nov 11, 2004 at 7:10 pm
Old Nov 11, 2004, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by befird
Out of GSO but can go anywhere..
GSO-CVG-SLC-SFO-ATL-GSO in first class for $817
Old Nov 11, 2004, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Do an advance purchase shuttle run for about $120 RT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.