Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Just How Many SkyMiles Medallion Members Are There?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just How Many SkyMiles Medallion Members Are There?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2006, 8:26 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
How Many Medallions?

There is a special corollary to Murphy's Law that says:

The # of PMs on a given domestic flight is always > the available seats in F
Old Oct 18, 2006, 3:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM (3 MM) ; Sky Club (Lifetime)
News you can('t) use

Yesterday on a full MD 88 flight (3 hours delayed) the FA thanked the SM members and went on to add that there were a total of 17 FO,GM,PM,and MM passengers aboard...posssibly she'd been reading this FlyerTalk thread...
No doubt someone can begin a study with this random bit of information...
Old Oct 18, 2006, 3:36 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by deltalirious
Yesterday on a full MD 88 flight (3 hours delayed) the FA thanked the SM members and went on to add that there were a total of 17 FO,GM,PM,and MM passengers aboard...posssibly she'd been reading this FlyerTalk thread...
No doubt someone can begin a study with this random bit of information...

Well, at this point, I believe, the unoffical FT rules dictate that you must share the date, time, flight number, arrival city and departure city involved. We also need to know what seat you were in, what you had to drink, and what the snack was. Finally, we need the FA's name, so that we can interogate her at a later time. Details people, DETAILS!!!!
Old Oct 18, 2006, 3:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM (3 MM) ; Sky Club (Lifetime)
Memory impairment

Originally Posted by SomeGuy
Well, at this point, I believe, the unoffical FT rules dictate that you must share the date, time, flight number, arrival city and departure city involved. We also need to know what seat you were in, what you had to drink, and what the snack was. Finally, we need the FA's name, so that we can interogate her at a later time. Details people, DETAILS!!!!
My apologies for the weather related difficulties. Due to my prolonged stay in the CRC necessitated by the delays, and my resultant blood alcohol level, I don't believe I'm able to recall any of the information requested above. After 10 years as a PM, Delta has taught me that I'm not responsible for anything if there's even one cloud in the skies over ATL.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by cova
http://www.skyteam.com/EN/aboutSkyte...fact_sheet.pdf

Per the SkyTeam website DL has 38M total FF members. Some of these might be duplicate accounts, dormant accounts, etc.

However I would guess the numbers would be more like 5%, 10%, 15% (Plat/Gold/Silver) or some variation of that.
Your guesses are vastly too high. The best estimates I have seen for PMs are that they represent 0.3% of the FF population... that would be 3 in a thousand. Of course, they seem more prevalent because they fly a lot. Remember, many people with SM numbers fly once a year or not at all.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do a search and you will see that pretty accurate numbers have been posted on FT before.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Number of Medallions

Just wondering does Delta publish, or does any know roughly how many Silver, Gold, and Platinum medallions there are total?
Old Dec 14, 2007, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Welcome to FT, Winkdaddy!

I beleive there are 45,924,094 silvers, 16,345,978 golds and 3,204,456 platinums.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
That's 65,474,528 Medallions? That explains why upgrade list sometimes go 50 deep.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Traveller has an alien implant through which all changes in the Medallion population are signaled in real time. We're trying to get her on the radio with Art Bell.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Traveller has an alien implant through which all changes in the Medallion population are signaled in real time.
March 1 must be a busy time of the year.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
and Friday evenings!
Old Dec 14, 2007, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What else is there to do in an airport hotel on a Friday evening but count medallions?
Old Dec 14, 2007, 7:21 pm

This question has been asked before, but never solved. In short, DL does not disclose number of medallions.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=612842

Also, Traveller has cut 60% of the Platinums since last guessing.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtparadis
Also, Traveller has cut 60% of the Platinums since last guessing.
Wow my last gold and silver guess was pretty close to today's guess. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.