Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Just How Many SkyMiles Medallion Members Are There?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just How Many SkyMiles Medallion Members Are There?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2002, 8:11 am

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
This old thread finds several lines of evidence that there are around 30,000 platinums.

There's another old thread with speculations on silvers and golds, but I can't find it.

------------------
"Service" should be a noun, not a verb.
Delta Flyers' Guide
Old Apr 25, 2002, 8:27 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NoStressHere:

I would bet there is a very high percentage of SkyMiles members that fly once a year, or less. Somewhere along the line they sign up, then don't fly again for years. That really inflates the numbers.
</font>
That's my dad
Old Apr 25, 2002, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LexPassenger:
This old thread finds several lines of evidence that there are around 30,000 platinums.</font>
Wrong answer, try again...... (Sorry I can't say....corp. couldn't even tell me, but I figured it out by finding out another number/percentage and put it all together that way).

------------------
The information I provide is in no way the authoritative voice of Delta. I do not work for Corporate Communications, nor in Customer Care. I do not represent the final word for Delta when asked a question. I simply try to answer questions to the best of my knowledge, and try to direct people to the correct answer and/or point them in the right direction to find that answer. If you want to double check my answers, please E-Mail Delta Customer Care or just send an e-mail to: [email protected]

Thank you for letting me participate.
Old Apr 25, 2002, 9:56 am

I'd also question how accurate any old estimates are. My girlfriend and I were no status thru Nov 2000, we took the fastrack to Gold and became GM by Dec 2000, stayed GM thru Oct 2001 when we qualified for Platinum (due to multiple double base miles offers). We'll be PM thru Feb 2003, but will probably barely make GM for next year.

I'm sure a lot of other people changed levels too.

Jeff
Old Apr 25, 2002, 10:56 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jwhite4:
I'd also question how accurate any old estimates are. My girlfriend and I were no status thru Nov 2000, we took the fastrack to Gold and became GM by Dec 2000, stayed GM thru Oct 2001 when we qualified for Platinum (due to multiple double base miles offers). We'll be PM thru Feb 2003, but will probably barely make GM for next year.

I'm sure a lot of other people changed levels too.

Jeff
</font>
Same situation with me. I doubt that I will requalify for GM unless they have double mile promos again or I go on some big milage runs, although I will comfortably qualify for SM.
Old Apr 25, 2002, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Russ,

Higher or lower????
Old Apr 25, 2002, 8:50 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Russ: well, I hope there're fewer.

Please let there be fewer.

Actually, one of the wonderful things about Delta staff is they are often able to make you feel as if you are the only platinums on the face of the universe.

Please let there be fewer.

------------------
"Service" should be a noun, not a verb.
Delta Flyers' Guide
Old Apr 29, 2002, 10:37 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hfly:
Russ,

Higher or lower????
</font>
Speculation about AA is that there are 60,000 EXP now (was 36,000 a few years ago). I'd guess that DL has 75,000 PM this year, dropping to 50,000 PM next year (barring more promotions).

Old Apr 30, 2002, 7:29 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LexPassenger:

"Actually, one of the wonderful things about Delta staff is they are often able to make you feel as if you are the only platinums on the face of the universe."

Lex That may be true in Lexington and many other locations, but certainly not in the hub cities as well as many of the larger cities. And you can hardly blame Delta. There are just too many of us (even too many PM/MM), and unfortunately, some of us can be a pain in the ***.

I have long thought that we need a diamond level (maybe for 150 segs a year)and/or increased recognition of we multi million milers. (At one time, wasn't the guy with the most lifetime miles from Lexington?)

Old Apr 30, 2002, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
A guy in Tampa has 11 million Delta miles. I'm not sure if he's the current champion.

Bruce
Old May 2, 2002, 8:36 pm
KGB

Programs: DL, Marriott, Hilton
Greetings,

There are 21,268 PMs in the Delta system if my Ouji board is correct. My magic 8 ball confirmed this when asked if correct it said 'you betcha'.

KGB
Old Oct 14, 2006, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
How Many Medallions?

Often wondered how many people are members of the Medallion program. Also on average per year, how many are non, silver, gold and plat. Be interesting to know also what average percentage there are of each on flights.

Sometimes after boarding Zone 1, it seems like half the plane boards in 2 and 3, and then other times, nobody.

Even though first is rarely not full, there are times when there are empty seats, meaning there's not even a non-status left in coach.

Thanks for your response or direction to where these figures are available.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by boeingATL
Thanks for your response or direction to where these figures are available.
Not available. That is definitely a proprietary trade secret, DL sure isn't gonna let us know.

You'll run into the most medallions boarding at ATL, but very few boarding at SJC. Also, schedule makes a big difference; flights with more people travelling on biz will normally have more medallions than flights full of tourists. Nature of the hub system.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Just for fun, I sent an e-mail to Delta asking for a numbers breakdown. I don't expect an answer (or the answer I am looking for) but it can never hurt to ask.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
[QUOTE=tkey75]Just for fun, I sent an e-mail to Delta asking for a numbers breakdown.

Wow, that will be interesting. . . . the response, or lack of response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.