Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Just booked 3 low tier BE award tickets leaving on July 8th JFK-NRT-PVG 60K each way-120K roundtrip for each ticket
Old Mar 24, 2010, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, UA MM 1K, MR Titanium Lifetime
anbhc, good for you.
I have been trying to get 2 BE award in June to PVG from Boston, was quoted 240K, finally got 2 Y for 120K 2 weeks ago thru the "calendar". Checked last week and the "calendar" showed low award level available, but won't pull up the seats.
Called Delta, the poor guy said he was just yelled at by the last caller who had similar problem in pulling up award tickets when "calendar" showed availability. He tried to pull up what I found in "calendar" and had similar problem. After he put me on hold he was able to finally get me 2 BE award from BOS-DTW-PVG for 180K each, 60K outbound 120K return. Not the best, but I will take whatever I can to burn my miles while I can.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:36 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Booked two round trips tickets from GRR (Grand Rapids) to PUJ (Punta Cana) via CVG last August, traveling this weekend. 50k/per round trip.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
SFO - South Africa for New Years in Business for 120,000 skymiles. Hard to believe!

SFO-CDG-JNB (all on Air France, the second leg currently slated to be the A380)
JNB-AMS-CDG-ATL-SFO (KLM/KLM/DL/DL)
Old Mar 27, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold
2 days ago I was able to put on hold 2 100M awards MCI-MSP-AMS-CDG-AMS-MEM-MCI for the dates I wanted this October. I had to call because I only had enough miles to cover my ticket & my husband's miles would be needed to pay for his. I was very pleasantly surprised when the agent with whom I spoke was able to split the record into 2 separate records so that I could then finalize everything on line. I was certain that I'd have to pay the phone booking fee! Thumbs up to Delta. (This was my first Delta award booking.)
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
Was a little worried coming from NWA as Platinum Elite to Delta as a new Diamond Member. Was very loyal to NWA for last 4 years. However, on our recent Spring Break trip from DSM to PHX we were able to book 4 Award Tickets at 50K MILES each for my family. I DID try to do it online and was slightly frustrated however when I called the Delta Elite Line the Agent they were very helpful and I was able to get the entire process done in about 15 minutes. Only thought, would be to call instead of trying to book online as that seemed a little more cumbersome.

So far, thrilled with DL and how they seem to value their very frequent travelers. Seems crazy I was so loyal to NWA(friends called in Northworst) but the Delta transition has gone very well and this was a nice example. Best, and travel safe. ^
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by babyhawk1822
Was a little worried coming from NWA as Platinum Elite to Delta as a new Diamond Member. Was very loyal to NWA for last 4 years. However, on our recent Spring Break trip from DSM to PHX we were able to book 4 Award Tickets at 50K MILES each for my family. I DID try to do it online and was slightly frustrated however when I called the Delta Elite Line the Agent they were very helpful and I was able to get the entire process done in about 15 minutes. Only thought, would be to call instead of trying to book online as that seemed a little more cumbersome.

So far, thrilled with DL and how they seem to value their very frequent travelers. Seems crazy I was so loyal to NWA(friends called in Northworst) but the Delta transition has gone very well and this was a nice example. Best, and travel safe. ^
50k ea? First class should be 45k not 50k right?
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by avidflyer
50k ea? First class should be 45k not 50k right?
God I wish. It was 200K points for 4 tix and I think part of the issue was the time when I booked the trip(about 3 weeks prior to flying) and the fact that it was Spring Break and getting in to PHX was insane. The other thing too was it seemed like they had different levels of Awards Seats for the trip and I ended up using the fewest I could to get us there. The FINAL other thing too that may have saved me, not sure, is we flew out of MSP after driving up from DSM. Was a pain....but worth it to take the family.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
So you paid double miles, and would have paid other fees if not a Diamond. And you had to drive the whole family to MSP, pay for parking, etc.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA ExecP
This is one of the best successes I've ever had...got 2 seats in biz for 120k each....took a lot of work and creativity, and many, many patient phone agents in Chisholm.

BOS-LAX-TPE-SGN (stop). BKK-PVG-NRT (stop). NGO-DTW-BOS

I get to try out the Biz products on Malaysia Air, China Eastern, China Airlines, and DL.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
So you paid double miles, and would have paid other fees if not a Diamond. And you had to drive the whole family to MSP, pay for parking, etc.
No...did not have to pay for parking because we stayed at hotel(Sheraton Bloomington) and left the car there but YES...did have to cab it to the Airport. When you live in Iowa, sometimes that is sacfrifice you need to make.

And yes...did avoid all the fee's for luggage and such because of Diamond status. Biggest issue for me was, I think and was my mistake, was in delaying the purchasing of the tickets or redeeming my miles with only 3 weeks advance purchase in to PHX during Spring Break. When I was looking to consider buying the tickets most of the flights in to PHX were completely jammed so although I hated having to use that many miles, it was totally worth it to me. The 45K(25K for Diamond and then 20K in Platinum that Delta just made up to us) in additional miles I got recently with my Diamond and Platinum Choice award took away some of the pain.

Only wish I would have known about this site before booking. Hee hee.

Travel Safe!....BHAWK
Old Mar 28, 2010, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by MShea74
Everyone who is legitimately from NW and compares the DL Sky Miles disintegration to NW knows that NW was infinitely, and inarguably, light years better.

Every once in a while there is someone who shows up here with 1 to 5 post extolling the virtues of how wonderful DL is.

Your trip for 4 people from DSM to PHX is only worth being thrilled about in Coach if each ticket were "Low" at 25,000 miles each.

You at least need to look at the DL award chart before happily posting what you supposedly received. There is no way in Coach to have a 50,000 mile award ticket (unless one way was "Mid" and one way was "high"...which means you were abused), and there is also no way to do it in F at 50,000 miles under any scenario.

Better luck next time.
Was not extolling that I think DL is better then NWA. Did it seem that way? Being Platinum on NWA it always felt a little extra special compared to Gold and Silver Elite. Was actually worried when I heard that NWA was being aquired by DL and what would happen to the WorldPerks Program. That said, when DL took some of the things from NWA...like the new 125% miles credit for Diamond Members that old Platinum Members used to have with NWA before they changed in 2009, the 500 minimum miles per trip since I fly a lot of segs less then 500 miles. Those were continuations from NWA that I thought were nice to offer being in air(segs) 150 to 160 times a year.

As well, the complimentary membership to SkyClub was a nice surprise that NWA did NOT have for Plats saving 250.00/year. Nice benefit for Diamond.

FYI: Just checked delta.com and Yes...you were right, one award ticket was 30K and the return trip was 20K so thinking....

....in terms of being abused....is there some type of law enforcement officer I need to talk to? Hee hee.

Thanks and travel safe. BHAWK.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by DukieDrew
SFO - South Africa for New Years in Business for 120,000 skymiles. Hard to believe!

SFO-CDG-JNB (all on Air France, the second leg currently slated to be the A380)
JNB-AMS-CDG-ATL-SFO (KLM/KLM/DL/DL)
What actually is hard to believe here is that you can find ATL-SFO F award. This is incredible.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL PM Reserve
Just got back from a trip to Germany last week, and thought I might post this, even though I didn't use miles for the trip.

Could have used 100k miles + $63 to ride in WBC (er, BE) on the A330-200 on my ATL-FRA-ATL trip (checked it, and it was available at that price, right as I was booking my flight 2.5 weeks prior to departure), but opted for the paid T-fare for $727 (to earn my way in the Together We Fly promo....netting me 44,914 redeemable miles total for the trip (after cust serv gave me 5,000 miles as a consolation prize for not getting an op-up on the return leg))

It was tempting, I have to admit, but I thought "I'd rather get a new suit from Brooks Brothers with the miles", this time. Also needed to pay my dues and earn the MQMs.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by MShea74
Every once in a while there is someone who shows up here with 1 to 5 post extolling the virtues of how wonderful DL is.
Why don't you ease up a bit. You yourself just joined in January, and have just over 100 posts.

Everybody starts as a new member. No need to be derogatory.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.