Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 10:33 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Anyone want to go back and count how many groans there were in 30K posts?
Originally Posted by jrl767
some talented coder might, in half an hour or so, be able to write a search routine to do that
I think there's a limit on how far back FT will let you page through a person's posts. Although an Advanced Search for "groan" with author "kipper" returns 296 results going back to 2007. That seems suspiciously low but if you believe the results the first result was 2005, although I don't think it really counts:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ml#post4902363

the next hit is in 2007, but 2011 seems to be when it really took off.

Bear in mind 296 is just the message count; some posts may have multiple groans

Regardless of what the numbers say I think we can agree that kipper is a FlyerTalk Groaning Legend!

p.s. to mattp1987: Interest in SAT DO?
Old May 1, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by Zorak

Regardless of what the numbers say I think we can agree that kipper is a FlyerTalk Groaning Legend!
A truly remarkable achievement!
Old May 1, 2017, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
some talented coder might, in half an hour or so, be able to write a search routine to do that
I wasn't gonna mention any names
I think there's a limit on how far back FT will let you page through a person's posts. Although an Advanced Search for "groan" with author "kipper" returns 296 results going back to 2007. That seems suspiciously low ...

Originally Posted by jackplum
A truly remarkable achievement!
indeed! should we perhaps offer congroanulations?
Old May 1, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
and in other news ... have you noticed the CommunityBuzz thread about interest in a SAT DO?
No, I hadn't noticed. I was just on that forum last week.

Indeed she is! I remember talking with GRALISTAIR about a SAT DO, but I haven't seen him post lately.

If a kipper groans and no one is there to hear it, does it still count as a groan?
Old May 1, 2017, 6:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Anyone want to go back and count how many groans there were in 30K posts?

drove down to RIC yesterday morning to meet up w my son to watch the Tottenham v Arsenal match; special of the day was a really good local brew -- Hardywood Quadrahop IPA
LOL!

You didn't offer to bring any Quadrahop IPA to me?
I think there's a limit on how far back FT will let you page through a person's posts. Although an Advanced Search for "groan" with author "kipper" returns 296 results going back to 2007. That seems suspiciously low but if you believe the results the first result was 2005, although I don't think it really counts:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ml#post4902363

the next hit is in 2007, but 2011 seems to be when it really took off.

LOL! I don't think I was very active for a few years.
I wasn't gonna mention any names

That's just bad...
No, I hadn't noticed. I was just on that forum last week.

Indeed she is! I remember talking with GRALISTAIR about a SAT DO, but I haven't seen him post lately.

If a kipper groans and no one is there to hear it, does it still count as a groan?
LOL
Old May 1, 2017, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by kipper
You didn't offer to bring any Quadrahop IPA to me?
had I known on Sat that I was going to find it on Sun, and had I remembered to bring a growler on Sun, and had we made the appropriate arrangements to meet up around, say, Frederick, at 4-ish on Sun afternoon, this story might have a different ending
Old May 1, 2017, 7:31 pm

had I known on Sat that I was going to find it on Sun, and had I remembered to bring a growler on Sun, and had we made the appropriate arrangements to meet up around, say, Frederick, at 4-ish on Sun afternoon, this story might have a different ending
*sigh* If only...
Old May 1, 2017, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

tonight's sample is from Rhinelander in WI: Boatswain's Double IPA "Twin Screw Steamer"; 75 IBU, also really good
Old May 1, 2017, 11:19 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Beer a better painkiller than acetaminophen, study says

I just got back from playing hockey and plan to test this theory out with the last of a Drake's IPA 6-pack I picked up the other day.
Old May 1, 2017, 11:34 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Hi DL forum,

I'll soon be making an int'l to domestic connection...the layover is 12 hours (though that fact probably doesn't affect anything). Without having DL status, will I have to pay for checked bags for the subsequent
domestic segment?

TIA,
BmB
Old May 2, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Hi DL forum,

I'll soon be making an int'l to domestic connection...the layover is 12 hours (though that fact probably doesn't affect anything). Without having DL status, will I have to pay for checked bags for the subsequent
domestic segment?

TIA,
BmB
If the whole itinerary is on the same PNR you will not have to pay. If the international and domestic flights are on different PNRs you will have to.
Old May 2, 2017, 4:14 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Appreciate your reply, dovster. Indeed, it's the same PNR.

Originally Posted by Dovster
If the whole itinerary is on the same PNR you will not have to pay. If the international and domestic flights are on different PNRs you will have to.
Old May 2, 2017, 5:25 am

I just got back from playing hockey and plan to test this theory out with the last of a Drake's IPA 6-pack I picked up the other day.
I agree with the study, except for the next morning.
Old May 2, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Appreciate your reply, dovster. Indeed, it's the same PNR.
In that case, you are safe. I have often flown TLV-JFK-LAS-ATL-JFK-TLV, spending up to a week in LAS and several more days in ATL. My international flights are in Delta One but my domestic segments are often in Y. Because they are all on the same PNR I am allowed my international baggage allowance on all segments, no matter how long I have stayed in a city.

It won't even be a matter of discussion as your baggage allowance will be printed on your reservation, which you can download when you make it.
Old May 2, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Maximum number of segments with checked baggage ?

I will be on a 5-segment int. itinerary with relatively short layovers.
Will it be possible to through-check baggage to the final destination ?

BTW, on another 5-segment last month, I was told "only 4 segments possible" at check-in.
Is this correct ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.