Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Did you finally make it to SLC?
I did, only a few hours late, even! Put me on the road through the mountains awfully late, but still well worth it. I will have to contact AA because I was constantly promised to be put on the upgrade list without having to use my certs (I'm only Gold with them) but somehow they used certs after all for the leg that cleared.

I also had to fight to be let into the DFW Admirals club because I carelessly neglected to bring my Boardroom card - I know that they want to see the physical card, but the new MCO club was really gracious about the exception, and DFW was... less so. Can't rightly complain about that, but heck, I don't think even a day pass would have been an unreasonable request after a bump and having to chase being put on the upgrade list as promised.

Here with my baby now, though, so all is well in my world for a few precious nights <3
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by synergistic
I will have to contact AA because I was constantly promised to be put on the upgrade list
It is my understanding that a number of posters in this thread are in constant contact with AA and often find themselves upgraded from cheap booze to XO cognacs.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster
It is my understanding that a number of posters in this thread are in constant contact with AA and often find themselves upgraded from cheap booze to XO cognacs.
I'm lots of things, but I'm no quitter!
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: delta dm
Hello Everyone. Having a great weekend in the Savannah hilton head area. Great food and beer last night. Toured the gulfstream plant. Today watching blue angels at merrit marine corps base. Beaufort SC. All in all a great weekend.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Dovster
My French cousin still resents being IDB'd from the roster at your DO at Boca Raton because he was a mere bottle of cognac.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Bengals crushed it in the draft this year. So very pleased. Watch out Squealers, Dirty Birds, and Stains.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by WWads
Bengals crushed it in the draft this year. So very pleased. Watch out Squealers, Dirty Birds, and Stains.
So, obviously Squealers are Pittsburgh, but are Dirtys Birds and Stains supposed to be Balmer and Cleveland? Because I'm pretty sure the Falcons have been Dirty Birds for close to 2 decades, and Stains sounds a lot like Saints, but I'm not aware of any AFC North-NFC South rivalry.

Speaking of the draft, how appropriate is it that Taco got drafted by a team from Texas? I had some delicious breakfast tacos after a disappointingly slow 8 miles through downtown-ish SAT this morning.

Last edited by mattp1987; Apr 29, 2017 at 8:58 pm
Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mattp1987
So, obviously Steelers are Pittsburgh, but are Dirtys Birds and Stains supposed to be Balmer and Cleveland? Because I'm pretty sure the Falcons have been Dirty Birds for close to 2 decades, and Stains sounds a lot like Saints, but I'm not aware of any AFC North-NFC South rivalry.

Speaking of the draft, how appropriate is it that Taco got drafted by a team from Texas? I had some delicious breakfast tacos after a disappointingly slow 8 miles through downtown-ish SAT this morning.
Bengals fans call the Ravens the Dirty Birds. No reference to ATL intended. Stains are generally brown, so therefore Browns = Stains.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by davetravels
All 3 of my flights today have posted already, including the one I'm on!

Pic #1 is before this flight, and, pic #2 is right now!

Something's still wrong though..........
awesome! Congrats!
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by Zorak
I have a condition that makes me intolerant to such jokes.
Puhn's Disease???
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:36 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
mooooooving right along ... no time to cower
Originally Posted by fsuj25
Puhn's Disease???
It's all these extra o's. They give me irritable vowel syndrome.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
It's all these extra o's. They give me irritable vowel syndrome.
I have never herd of that; udderly amazing.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 10:11 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I had a very pleasant top-down drive from Arlington VA to Ithaca NY this morning ... looking forward to an encore tomorrow afternoon; meeting up with kipper and Mr kipper in York PA for a beer or two before the last part of the trip
Had a great time today! Next time, we'll try yet another beer bar. Or, as Mr. Kipper suggested, a local brewery.
Will the drinking also be top-down?
LOL!
sign in front of an ice cream shop in a small PA town about halfway between Williamsport and the NY border

Why do cows have hooves and not feet?

They lactose
Groan!
I have a condition that makes me intolerant to such jokes.
Ugh.
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
I'm going to have to milk this.

mooooooving right along ... no time to cower
Groan!
I did, only a few hours late, even! Put me on the road through the mountains awfully late, but still well worth it. I will have to contact AA because I was constantly promised to be put on the upgrade list without having to use my certs (I'm only Gold with them) but somehow they used certs after all for the leg that cleared.

I also had to fight to be let into the DFW Admirals club because I carelessly neglected to bring my Boardroom card - I know that they want to see the physical card, but the new MCO club was really gracious about the exception, and DFW was... less so. Can't rightly complain about that, but heck, I don't think even a day pass would have been an unreasonable request after a bump and having to chase being put on the upgrade list as promised.

Here with my baby now, though, so all is well in my world for a few precious nights <3
Baby?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by kipper
Baby?
lol, my 6' big brown baby - otherwise I stick to cats ;-)

We haven't had nearly enough time together this year, so even this short trip has been really good for my soul. I've gotta figure something out, this really isn't working for us =/

We missed out on our favorite beer bar - Bayou - this trip because I'm not really feeling up to par. Lots of drafts and something like 400 bottled brews - including a bunch of limited releases that I'm always surprised to find in a place like SLC. Next time!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:37 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
lol, my 6' big brown baby - otherwise I stick to cats ;-)

We haven't had nearly enough time together this year, so even this short trip has been really good for my soul. I've gotta figure something out, this really isn't working for us =/

We missed out on our favorite beer bar - Bayou - this trip because I'm not really feeling up to par. Lots of drafts and something like 400 bottled brews - including a bunch of limited releases that I'm always surprised to find in a place like SLC. Next time!
Any reason one of you can't move to be with the other?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.