Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Hello from total darkness and hot as he'll Central FL. No power for 69 hours so far.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:15 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
Hello from total darkness and hot as he'll Central FL. No power for 69 hours so far.
Hope you and yours made it through unscathed!
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Hope you and yours made it through unscathed!
Thanks, we did. One small window broken, some damage to the pool screen and the trees really got torn up. Everything was covered in green when it was over.

We now look out at a new lake and river. Hopefully, it's temporary but the water did rise today.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Lazy question: I got a volunteer bump cert. Can I use it in multiple tickets? I.e. the cert was for $700. Can I buy a $300 ticket today and use the remaining balance for another ticket next week?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by chunky649
Lazy question: I got a volunteer bump cert. Can I use it in multiple tickets? I.e. the cert was for $700. Can I buy a $300 ticket today and use the remaining balance for another ticket next week?
yes, the unused balance will appear as a new e-credit with the same expiration date
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by kipper
Hi, Lounge-goers!
hi kipper !
Sun 22 Oct road trip from Ithaca to DC ... just sayin' ...
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:01 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
hi kipper !
Drat, I'll be in Baltimore but I'm busy on the 22nd and leaving the morning of the 23rd.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
When we were impacted by Hurricane Isabel, we were without power for 2 weeks, and I hated it!
Thanks, we did. One small window broken, some damage to the pool screen and the trees really got torn up. Everything was covered in green when it was over.

We now look out at a new lake and river. Hopefully, it's temporary but the water did rise today.
Glad there wasn't much damage. Hope the lake and river disappear!
hi kipper !
I should be available, depending on time. I guess I need to find another beer bar.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: Delta PM, American Platinum
Quick (stupid) question for you all. I've recently gotten the Delta Reserve card. Do I need to show the card itself to enter the Skyclub? Or do I just need to scan in with my boarding pass, since the credit card information is on file?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by w4hagen
Quick (stupid) question for you all. I've recently gotten the Delta Reserve card. Do I need to show the card itself to enter the Skyclub? Or do I just need to scan in with my boarding pass, since the credit card information is on file?
Just boarding pass as long as the card is linked to your Skymiles account.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium

Quick, put it on the market with some Augmented Reality pics and claim waterfront!

Seriously though, I'm thankful every time we hear folks made it through okay.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by tvtd
Quick, put it on the market with some Augmented Reality pics and claim waterfront!

Seriously though, I'm thankful every time we hear folks made it through okay.

My wife wants to live on water and I can never convince her that the small retention pond is "water, but now she agrees that she lives on water.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
yes, the unused balance will appear as a new e-credit with the same expiration date
Thank you! I also noticed that the $700 'credit' is in my DELTA-WALLET in my account... Convenient! (I still have the stack of paper they gave me, and took a photo of the important page as instructed by the gate agent.)
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by kipper
When we were impacted by Hurricane Isabel, we were without power for 2 weeks, and I hated it!

Glad there wasn't much damage. Hope the lake and river .
thanks for the thoughts. It's 90 again today so that sucks. Maybe it did increase the value of the property. Missing a week in Hilton Head but we did do Vegas last week and leave in a week for a wedding in Virginia. Our dog was excited that she got to come home and enjoy the hurricane with us.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Booked an October trip to San Diego. I'm flying DL outbound and then my first ever Frontier flight on the way back. The one-way nonstop price was $38, and I paid an extra $30 for one of the Stretch seats that seem to have similar legroom to C+. My friend used to travel weekly DEN-CVG on F9 to visit his partner and jokingly referred to it as F9F.

Dr. P is presenting at a conference, and I plan to visit as many breweries as possible. I might even save a few of them for when she's not working. I've been to Stone in Richmond a couple times, but I think I need to rent a car for a day and make a pilgrimage to their site in Escondido. I'm open to any other recommendations. Staying on the edge of Gaslamp district and walkable is great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.