Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
To be sung to the tune of "DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD":
As I don't want to get the Lounge Thread moved to Bad Omni, I will simply ask, "What Happened"?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
OPM is such a tease this morning. 2 hour delay is just annoying.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by jackplum
So I've been away from here for a few months and what do I find? Nothing has changed!

Good to know
How was Europe?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by WWads
OPM is such a tease this morning. 2 hour delay is just annoying.
How is Other People's Money teasing you?

MAEN!

If the government shuts down again I won't be going to work on Friday.

But then, if the government doesn't shut down I still won't be going to work on Friday.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Dovster
As I don't want to get the Lounge Thread moved to Bad Omni, I will simply ask, "What Happened"?
Closed streets, bad traffic jams, packed airport, crowds, full restaurants so that it's impossible to get a dinner reservation, drunk and rowdy fans, general inconvenience for the natives who are subsidizing the event.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:46 pm

question about medallion status

I'm currently a Platimum medallion with Delta after traveling a huge amount for work the past year. Now that it's 2018, I just noticed that my SkyMiles account says "8,172 to Silver." Do I have to start from scratch and build up through the medallion levels every year??
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by ChinaSerena
I'm currently a Platimum medallion with Delta after traveling a huge amount for work the past year. Now that it's 2018, I just noticed that my SkyMiles account says "8,172 to Silver." Do I have to start from scratch and build up through the medallion levels every year??
Yes, except that you may have rolled over some MQMs above 75k from last year.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Howste
Yes, except that you may have rolled over some MQMs above 75k from last year.
Bear with me because I'm still so confused. I am still Platinum Medallion, right? (It says Platinum on the top of the page, but then shows the tracker working toward Silver.) And yet I'm also building up miles from scratch so that my next step is not Diamond but Silver and then Platinum again? How does anyone ever reach Diamond and keep it? Everyone just loses their status on December 31st and then builds it back up?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ChinaSerena
Bear with me because I'm still so confused. I am still Platinum Medallion, right? (It says Platinum on the top of the page, but then shows the tracker working toward Silver.) And yet I'm also building up miles from scratch so that my next step is not Diamond but Silver and then Platinum again? How does anyone ever reach Diamond and keep it? Everyone just loses their status on December 31st and then builds it back up?
You're at least Platinum through January 31, 2019, assuming that you earned Plat by flying 75,000 or more MQMs during calendar 2017 (and not through some special offer that might specify a different date).

Your rollover of probably 25,000 - 8,172 counts for status for the next (2019) program year, as well as any MQMs you earn during 2018.

Earned status is always good for at least thirteen months, but in every year we start over (possibly with rollover) to earn status for the following year.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Feb 8, 2018 at 11:09 am Reason: corrected typo in year pointed out by Howste in next post.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You're at least Platinum through January 31, 2019, assuming that you earned Plat by flying 75,000 or more MQMs during calendar 2017 (and not through some special offer that might specify a different date).
Corrected...
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:13 am

MAEN!

I see that the slackers are slacking again today...
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
So I'm going to have a hard landing from Plat after this year, I'm wondering if I can give myself Silver from my choice benefits?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:34 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Start_at_UIN
So I'm going to have a hard landing from Plat after this year, I'm wondering if I can give myself Silver from my choice benefits?
off the top of my head (not in a convenient place to pore over the T&C):

Pretty sure gifted status runs concurrently with the sponsoring status. When your PM goes away, so does the recipient's gifted FO.

Also I don't think you can gift status to someone who already has that status or higher.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Howste
Corrected...
Thank you. Corrected my post.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
Originally Posted by Zorak
Also I don't think you can gift status to someone who already has that status or higher.
Found the T&C after posing this and that is correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.