Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by davetravels
I guess I should have said easy, but not cheap. I'm looking at hotels in Chicago for mid September, and even the Days Inn on Diversey is $200-300!!!

The hotel where I stay in Atlanta / Buckhead is something like $63 for Aug 10. I can easily fly down and back on miles, but, I'll be depressed if they have something cool at the Surplus Sale that's too big to take home on the plane, which started me looking for a one-way car rental, but I can't deal with an 11 hour drive!
I used to Priceline Extended Stay America rooms near ORD in the mid $30's.

Edited to add: Looks like I was nailing them for $35 but it's been a long while.

Take a look here for recent Priceline successes in Illinois: http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showforum=87

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jul 10, 2017 at 10:48 pm
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:02 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The hotel where I stay in Atlanta / Buckhead is something like $63 for Aug 10. I can easily fly down and back on miles, but, I'll be depressed if they have something cool at the Surplus Sale that's too big to take home on the plane, which started me looking for a one-way car rental, but I can't deal with an 11 hour drive!
Would be good to see you again too, hope you can make it! Dunno about using miles though, looks like ~$254 or 20k pesos.

Maybe you can convince one of the ATL Loungers to hang on to your surplus sale scores
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MikeMpls

Those Ukraine girls really knock me out
Did Dovster hack your account? I expect posts like that from him!
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:04 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I hope those are approved "uniform" earrings.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by kipper
Did Dovster hack your account? I expect posts like that from him!
I have been too busy staring at the woman standing next to the blonde on the left to post anything.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by Dovster
I have been too busy staring at the woman standing next to the blonde on the left to post anything.
The one in the light blue hoodie?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
I hope those are approved "uniform" earrings.
And if they're not, who's going to argue about earrings with 7 well-armed women?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:39 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Dovster

Originally Posted by Pharaoh
The one in the light blue hoodie?
LOL
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
FriendlySkies, have not seen or heard from you in ages. Hope all is well!
The same to you! Haven't been as active since I started a new job last year. No work travel, though, so that's a bummer. At least I'm not riding a desk all day!
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
walked into SEA on the lower (arrivals) level last night and saw the inbound for my JFK redeye was showing 2 hours late -- but no notification of a delay to the departure, so I immediately figured they had done a tail swap ... always a good thing when there's an available jet, but I was really looking forward to 4 hours in a lie-flat before the DCA flight, and the prospect of going to BWI in order to get to my noon meeting (in case the system hadn't actually been updated) wasn't making me any happier either

surprise, surprise ... saw "6810" on the nose gear door

Last edited by jrl767; Jul 12, 2017 at 5:52 am
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
surprise, surprise ... saw "6810" on the nose gear door
From a quick search, it appears that's a 75S with lie-flats ^

One of my good friends is on a Japan/Korea trip right now. I helped him use his Chase points through KE to book his first ever business class flights. They flew the A380 LAX-ICN and were scheduled to take an A330 ICN-NRT, but he sent me this picture yesterday from the airport. He and his girlfriend were two of the four Upper Deck passengers.

I also made an aircraft change of my own yesterday. I had booked HND-LAX-SAT on an A330 (only the TPAC portion) with a 5 hour layover in LAX. I intentionally booked the latest flight out of TYO because our trip is fairly short and I wanted to be able to use the last day in Japan. HND-LAX was moved up 2 hours, increasing our LAX connection to 7 hours. However, I looked on DL.com and discovered the latest flight out was now NRT-DTW, departing only 30 minutes before our original flight with only a 3.5 hour connection, AND it happened to be on an A350. Agent and her supervisor weren't able to confirm the change immediately and had to send it to the "schedule change desk" which they said could take up to 48 hours, but I received a confirmation email a few hours later.

New dilemma now: I have award tickets for NRT-DFW on JAL 787 and NRT-DTW-SAT on DL A350 on the same day. I need to decide before my PM status expires in Jan whether I want to cancel the DL tickets for free and buy DFW-SAT tickets or cancel the AA award (should be $175 for 2 tickets on same reservation which is reasonable and less than I'd spend buying DFW-SAT) and fly on DL.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:35 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
http://www.grubstreet.com/2017/07/ai...s-luggage.html

Airline Passenger Checks Single Can of Beer As His Only Piece of Luggage

Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by mattp1987
... 75S with lie-flats ^
yep, was about to add the link to the latest Narrow-body Fleet Updates post but got sidetracked by a gate change on the DCA flight

I had a brief text exchange with my boss before boarding SEA-JFK; his advice was "eat a little, try to sleep, and stay hydrated" -- to which I replied "hydrated means extra ice in my Woodfords"
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
http://www.grubstreet.com/2017/07/ai...s-luggage.html

Airline Passenger Checks Single Can of Beer As His Only Piece of Luggage
I saw that! It's odd because there are no liquid restrictions on domestic flights. Security at BNE laughed at us when I realized my water bottle was full and started looking for somewhere to throw it out.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Even my Spanish lesson is hating on ATL.

Translates to: You are going to hate the airport in Atlanta.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.