Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Just boarded my flight from PBI-ATL in zone 1 (running late shame on me)
I am in F (paid) and when the GA scanned my boarding pass she asked me to put my roller in the sizer. On an MD 88 so space is always tight.

She glanced at my BP one more time before giving it back and said "never mind you're in first".

I felt so special!

I would have done it as an FYI and never said a word.

It is a Travelpro Crew 8 20" that wasn't expanded and would have fit easily.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Howste
Everyone is OK. Except the deer.
Were you able to salvage any meat?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by fgirard
Do they still flag E-fares so that you have to agree to the fact that those specific fares are more restrictive than those offered by EasyJet, Vueling and Ryanair?
At the gate at SAN yesterday, the GA was explaining (over and over, very patiently to many people) that they had to click "I understand my seat is assigned at the last minute and will suck" at least 4 times to buy their E fares, so no, they couldn't expect their whole family to sit together.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Besides, didn't someone non-mormon / non-muslim in the US recently apply for a marriage license for his second wife under the marriage equality act?
All moot - as I said in a previous post, it takes me all my time, energy and patience to keep one woman happy so how men cope with more than one woman amazes me.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Cancelling an award...

If I book two award tickets and later I have to cancel them what will my "penalties" be?
Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pkerr
If I book two award tickets and later I have to cancel them what will my "penalties" be? Thanks
If you are a Diamond Medallion - ZERO.

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Jul 8, 2015 at 7:10 am
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
If you area Diamond Medallion - ZERO.
I have no jewels to my name. More like coal status.
Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
All moot - as I said in a previous post, it takes me all my time, energy and patience to keep one woman happy so how men cope with more than one woman amazes me.
They let the batteries in their hearing aids run out. You can handle 2 or 3 that way.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
A needed mini-vacation this weekend. We're off to ARN.

It'll be a different experience, 8+ hours in C+, yuck!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by pkerr
If I book two award tickets and later I have to cancel them what will my "penalties" be?
Thanks
$300, provided you cancel at least 72 hours in advance. But you get back the taxes and fees as well as miles.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
They let the batteries in their hearing aids run out. You can handle 2 or 3 that way.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
Just curious, if someone has a bag to big for them to handle, do you help them get it into the overhead?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Start_at_UIN
Just curious, if someone has a bag to big for them to handle, do you help them get it into the overhead?
Yes. If it will fit and it doesn't weigh more than I do. In those cases I leave it for the FA to deal with.

People do it for my wife when she's traveling alone and also when my UG clears and hers doesn't.

I also help taking them down, especially if the bag is over my seat and they're a couple of rows away.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Platinum, DL, GE, AAA
Kudos to a SLC GA for pre-loading baggage...

This past Saturday (July 4), I was at SLC getting ready to board my flight to MCI. While I was waiting at the gate, one of the GAs was walking around with "Gate Valet" tags. He was looking for customers that had the large "roller" suitcases and larger items that would need to go into the overhead bin. The GA was taking their bags, finding their seat assignment, and "pre-loading" the bags before the board process. Our flight was expected to be a full flight anyway (112 out of 113 seats filled).

When it was time to board the plane, the boarding process was very quick, much to the amazement of the FAs on the plane. One even commented that Kansas City people are "on the ball" because he had never seen a plane loaded so fast. We were able to take off from SLC early and land at MCI early.

This was the first time I had seen the "Gate Valet" tags in operation. I think it is a great idea. Is this something new that DL has started implementing?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by JAldrich73
This past Saturday (July 4), I was at SLC getting ready to board my flight to MCI. While I was waiting at the gate, one of the GAs was walking around with "Gate Valet" tags. He was looking for customers that had the large "roller" suitcases and larger items that would need to go into the overhead bin. The GA was taking their bags, finding their seat assignment, and "pre-loading" the bags before the board process. Our flight was expected to be a full flight anyway (112 out of 113 seats filled).

When it was time to board the plane, the boarding process was very quick, much to the amazement of the FAs on the plane. One even commented that Kansas City people are "on the ball" because he had never seen a plane loaded so fast. We were able to take off from SLC early and land at MCI early.

This was the first time I had seen the "Gate Valet" tags in operation. I think it is a great idea. Is this something new that DL has started implementing?
It was being tested a few months ago and DL has just announced it as a regular service http://news.delta.com/early-valet-se...debuts-us-hubs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.