FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:26 am
mattp1987

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
surprise, surprise ... saw "6810" on the nose gear door
From a quick search, it appears that's a 75S with lie-flats ^

One of my good friends is on a Japan/Korea trip right now. I helped him use his Chase points through KE to book his first ever business class flights. They flew the A380 LAX-ICN and were scheduled to take an A330 ICN-NRT, but he sent me this picture yesterday from the airport. He and his girlfriend were two of the four Upper Deck passengers.

I also made an aircraft change of my own yesterday. I had booked HND-LAX-SAT on an A330 (only the TPAC portion) with a 5 hour layover in LAX. I intentionally booked the latest flight out of TYO because our trip is fairly short and I wanted to be able to use the last day in Japan. HND-LAX was moved up 2 hours, increasing our LAX connection to 7 hours. However, I looked on DL.com and discovered the latest flight out was now NRT-DTW, departing only 30 minutes before our original flight with only a 3.5 hour connection, AND it happened to be on an A350. Agent and her supervisor weren't able to confirm the change immediately and had to send it to the "schedule change desk" which they said could take up to 48 hours, but I received a confirmation email a few hours later.

New dilemma now: I have award tickets for NRT-DFW on JAL 787 and NRT-DTW-SAT on DL A350 on the same day. I need to decide before my PM status expires in Jan whether I want to cancel the DL tickets for free and buy DFW-SAT tickets or cancel the AA award (should be $175 for 2 tickets on same reservation which is reasonable and less than I'd spend buying DFW-SAT) and fly on DL.
Attached Images