Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I am seriously considering checking myself into ER - still really bad
The flu is really challenging this year. Sounds like going to the ER might be a good option for you.

Hope you get well soon!
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Looks like we have a repeat offender
Yes, yes you do.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Good morning from DL1501.

Already having a heck of a day - person in the seat next to me was originally in my seat (thankfully there was a FA right behind me). He's Hispanic and doesn't speak much English, was also very confused when I said "you are in my seat". No big deal.

When cabin service was starting FA 1 (W/M about 25, one of the nicest and friendliest FAs I've ever experienced) started right behind my row (I'm in 13A on M90) and also got person next to me. When giving snack/drink to 13B he said the FA right behind him would get me in a second. That other FA (B/F, 20s or 30s) stopped to give another biscoff to person next to me but never asked if I wanted anything.

As I was mid-way through typing that paragraph the first FA was going up the aisle and stopped right next to us to give out more drinks/snacks as requested and since he was there I mentioned what had happened and he was very apologetic about it and came back in a minute with a full unopened can of apple juice with a cup of ice and some peanuts. Will make a complaint with DL but to me it's more about miscommunication/not being aware more than the fact that I wasn't served initially. I'm sure the FA saw 13B with a drink on his tray table and just assumed I had been served too. People make mistakes, and the male FA who did serve me was one of the friendliest FAs I've ever seen (and also gave me a full can. Other than B6's smaller cans, I think the only time I was given a 12oz can on a flight was on a US flight PHX-BOS that had many empty seats anyway).
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by N639DL
Will make a complaint with DL but to me it's more about miscommunication/not being aware more than the fact that I wasn't served initially.
Then why complain to DL?

A few days ago I sat on the tarmac in JFK for almost four hours because 150 bags had not been loaded on to our flight and we had to wait for a new group of baggage handlers to show up.

I got an e-mail from Delta apologizing and linked to a questionnaire about the delay but no SkyMiles -- and I am still not complaining.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Dovster
Then why complain to DL?

A few days ago I sat on the tarmac in JFK for almost four hours because 150 bags had not been loaded on to our flight and we had to wait for a new group of baggage handlers to show up.

I got an e-mail from Delta apologizing and linked to a questionnaire about the delay but no SkyMiles -- and I am still not complaining.
That's something that I would've complained about. 4 additional hours on the ground to add 150 more bags was something that JFK station management should have handled much earlier, and having to wait for another group to come in makes that say even more about JFK's ramp.

I filed a complaint not because that seriously inconvenienced me, but because I just want them to be aware of issues. People can't read minds and often issues don't get corrected unless they are known.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I am seriously considering checking myself into ER - still really bad
Originally Posted by kipper
The flu is really challenging this year. Sounds like going to the ER might be a good option for you.

Hope you get well soon! Yes, yes you do.
Glad I went - it was not flu but pneumonia of right lung. Now on powerful antibios and feeling better already. ^
Old Jan 10, 2015, 8:22 am

That's something that I would've complained about. 4 additional hours on the ground to add 150 more bags was something that JFK station management should have handled much earlier, and having to wait for another group to come in makes that say even more about JFK's ramp.

I filed a complaint not because that seriously inconvenienced me, but because I just want them to be aware of issues. People can't read minds and often issues don't get corrected unless they are known.
Two points:

If you would like a full can of soda or juice, just ask for it. I do and I have never been refused.

Second, your complaint in my view is without much merit, and will likely get little attention at DL. The FA may have made an oversight, when you weren't initially served, but immediately rectified it when brought to his/her attention. What more could you possibly expect?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 8:29 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
In the service industry; people make mistakes. It's all about how they "correct" the mistake. Seems to me, they corrected the mistake right away; when you brought it to their attention.

Unless you hold people to "perfection standards," not sure there is very much more that can be done.

Originally Posted by SCEflyer
Second, your complaint in my view is without much merit, and will likely get little attention at DL. The FA may have made an oversight, when you weren't initially served, but immediately rectified it when brought to his/her attention. What more could you possibly expect?
Exactly, but I'd say this quote (below) pretty much defines the "frame of mind."

Already having a heck of a day
Old Jan 10, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Glad I went - it was not flu but pneumonia of right lung. Now on powerful antibios and feeling better already. ^
Glad you are doing better.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
When giving snack/drink to 13B he said the FA right behind him would get me in a second. That other FA (B/F, 20s or 30s) stopped to give another biscoff to person next to me but never asked if I wanted anything.
Why did you let FA 2 leave? Speak up. Sure, communication issue, but sitting there and saying nothing makes it seem as though you were hoping to have complaint material?

"Excuse me, I'd like apple juice and peanuts, please." That's not difficult.

I was afraid that's what mine was turning into, but I am feeling slightly better today.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
How to make your 20 year old daughter really happy.....

Went with her to AMS-Schiphol (to say my goodbyes...), when we got to the airport; handed her a piece of paper. Written on the paper was a Global Upgrade certificate number and redemption code. Told my (Gold Medallion) daughter, when you get to the KLM-lounge go to the ticketing agents. Tell them, you have a Global Upgrade you would like processed.

Boom! 15 minutes +/- later, daughter in BusinessElite (A330) ex-AMS. Happy daughter. Didn't realise the SO had 4 Globals due to expire in March.....
That's great. Nothing more fun than delivering a nice surprise to the kids.
Had I known you had extra's ....

Glad to hear that you got it diagnosed and are getting better.

My intestinal issues hit right after we got home from AMS on Wednesday. Happily, they seem to be gone today. I think I lost the weight I gained in AMS.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:05 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Good morning from DL1501.

Already having a heck of a day - person in the seat next to me was originally in my seat (thankfully there was a FA right behind me). He's Hispanic and doesn't speak much English, was also very confused when I said "you are in my seat". No big deal.

When cabin service was starting FA 1 (W/M about 25, one of the nicest and friendliest FAs I've ever experienced) started right behind my row (I'm in 13A on M90) and also got person next to me. When giving snack/drink to 13B he said the FA right behind him would get me in a second. That other FA (B/F, 20s or 30s) stopped to give another biscoff to person next to me but never asked if I wanted anything.

As I was mid-way through typing that paragraph the first FA was going up the aisle and stopped right next to us to give out more drinks/snacks as requested and since he was there I mentioned what had happened and he was very apologetic about it and came back in a minute with a full unopened can of apple juice with a cup of ice and some peanuts. Will make a complaint with DL but to me it's more about miscommunication/not being aware more than the fact that I wasn't served initially. I'm sure the FA saw 13B with a drink on his tray table and just assumed I had been served too. People make mistakes, and the male FA who did serve me was one of the friendliest FAs I've ever seen (and also gave me a full can. Other than B6's smaller cans, I think the only time I was given a 12oz can on a flight was on a US flight PHX-BOS that had many empty seats anyway).
Why would you both complaining to DL? The situation was resolved, and I'm sure the FA is aware not to assume anything again.
Yikes! Glad you are on antibiotics and you are starting to feel better.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Dovster
No! They cannot upgrade you! You are too old to get upgrades. It is against the law to give you upgrades. I am going to write to President Obama and have him take away your upgrade.

GOOD RIDDANCE TO DELTA!
Oh, yes I can! I can upgrade into First Class. You better keep the mouth shut! Mind your own business. Leave me alone!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
That's great. Nothing more fun than delivering a nice surprise to the kids.
Had I known you had extra's ....
Managed to book a trip in June, just an hour ago.... 3 people, 6 GUCs. Amazed there was availability on the exact flights and dates we wanted!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by N830MH
Oh, yes I can! I can upgrade into First Class. You better keep the mouth shut! Mind your own business. Leave me alone!
I take it you met the MQD requirement? Or moved to Syria?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
I take it you met the MQD requirement? Or moved to Syria?
No, he is still Silver from 2014 (earned in 2013).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.