Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
I heard that "Fifty Shades of Grey" was loosely based on "Fifty Shades of Dovster"
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Why are the words gynecologist and menopause used when the terms relate only to women and not to guys or men?
Who besides Supergynecologist would be apt to look into Babes with Bullets?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Looks like this week has gone , just booked LAX-SEA-CDG-TLS (3 hours) TLS-CDG-JFK-LAX (there is probably going to be a thread on how someone was #1 on the upgrade list for 1 available seat, only for them to remain #1, but now for 0 seats).

Hopefully the BEA (and by extension, the JAA) won't be as annoying.

And SEA was fantastic this weekend, got to go to BFI, RNT and PAE, and enjoyed delicious fish and oysters.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
Hello All,

I just made in Basel, Switzerland. I had a great flight. I enjoy the flight. It was very long flight from SEA-AMS. I didn't sleep on the plane. I was so extremely tired. I have to take afternoon nap.

Why we didn't go further north of Canada, but we are flying East. Look at my flight tracker history:

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/ai...813nw/#540522e

I arrived AMS and they gave me a ride on electric carts from end of E piers to B piers. I can't walk too far. That's too much!! It will hurts with my leg. It's very extremely long walks. I broke with my belt during the flight. I went to restroom and I accident to break with my belt. My brother that he buy a better belt for me. Because I was losing a lots weight. And also, when my plane takeoff from SEA. I realized that I went to lavatory, but they didn't clean the lavatory in the middle economy class section and I reported it to my FAs. Something wasn't right. They didn't clean the lavatory.
Having done that walk, with a heavy roller board and computer bag, in the reverse direction last August, I certainly feel your pain.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:24 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Things I've learned tonight:
  • It is probably a bad thing to have a few drinks at 10 PM when dinner was at 5 PM, so one is drinking on an empty stomach.*
  • It is also probably a bad thing to watch shows like Criminal Minds and CSI late at night when Mr. Kipper is away.
  • Empress Cobaka jumping off of the recliner in the living room so that it hits the wall makes a sound like someone knocking on the door, which causes Generalissimo Geno to bark like crazy.

Today, I also learned that Mr. Kipper, when tasked with bringing beer home for me as a present, will be sure to bring home lots of beer for me.

* By a few drinks, I mean trying to kill the beer that is in the fridge, because we need to make room for the beer Mr. Kipper will be bringing home.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
for one or two days, wouldn't it be ok to keep the beer in the garage? I mean, it's not like it's 50 or 60 degrees in the Gettysburg area ... 🍻
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Glad I went - it was not flu but pneumonia of right lung. Now on powerful antibios and feeling better already. ^
Sorry to hear about your pneumonia. You're fortunate it was in the right lung. It would have been much worse had it been in the wrong lung.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by jrl767
I think I've heard of that place ... it's a bar in the French Quarter, no?
I'm not certain about the bar but there are lots of G Strings on Bourbon Street, some are even on guitars.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
for one or two days, wouldn't it be ok to keep the beer in the garage? I mean, it's not like it's 50 or 60 degrees in the Gettysburg area ... 🍻
Our basement only ever gets to about 50 or 60, and we don't have a garage. I'm not leaving it outside, as I'm concerned our neighbors might try it.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by kipper
Our basement only ever gets to about 50 or 60, and we don't have a garage. I'm not leaving it outside, as I'm concerned our neighbors might try it.
Around 1973, I was at a bar in Fredonia NY. We were having a great time and drinking a lot. The line to the facilities was long and my need was great so I wandered out back. Shame on me. After the pause that refreshes, I noticed a pile of beer cases and, for no reason, nudged one. My foot bounced off. I opened it and in the dim light saw that all the bottles were full with caps on them.

I took this as a sign and, figuring that it must have been a beer angel and this was manna from heaven (or somebody working at the bar snuck a case out), I moved it to a secluded location. When the night was over we piled in my VW bus and on the ride back we started to imbibe.

Big mistake! No sooner had the first taste been taken that the brew was all over. Quite spoiled and foul smelling. In our rush to partake we obviously missed that. I was berated by all.

Years later, while working for the government, we stopped at a marina on Lake Ontario to fuel our vessel. Nearby was a bar. I was telling this story and a woman across the bar starts laughing. She proceeded to tell me her story about when she was at college and her and her boyfriend had made a batch of home brew that went woefully wrong. They didn't even want to sterilize and reuse the bottles so left them out back of the bar they lived over. She asked why we didn't notice that there were no labels or names on the caps.

Small world.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B440 Safari/600.1.4)

Any one going to be in SEA this morning?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by jackplum
Around 1973, I was at a bar in Fredonia NY. We were having a great time and drinking a lot. The line to the facilities was long and my need was great so I wandered out back. Shame on me. After the pause that refreshes, I noticed a pile of beer cases and, for no reason, nudged one. My foot bounced off. I opened it and in the dim light saw that all the bottles were full with caps on them.

I took this as a sign and, figuring that it must have been a beer angel and this was manna from heaven (or somebody working at the bar snuck a case out), I moved it to a secluded location. When the night was over we piled in my VW bus and on the ride back we started to imbibe.

Big mistake! No sooner had the first taste been taken that the brew was all over. Quite spoiled and foul smelling. In our rush to partake we obviously missed that. I was berated by all.

Years later, while working for the government, we stopped at a marina on Lake Ontario to fuel our vessel. Nearby was a bar. I was telling this story and a woman across the bar starts laughing. She proceeded to tell me her story about when she was at college and her and her boyfriend had made a batch of home brew that went woefully wrong. They didn't even want to sterilize and reuse the bottles so left them out back of the bar they lived over. She asked why we didn't notice that there were no labels or names on the caps.

Small world.
LOL!!!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by kipper
LOL!!!
My reaction back then was "groan" - for the next day as well.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Good evening from Switzerland. I had a nice time with my brother & his entire family. Internet in Switzerland is so extremely slow and it's sucks. When I get it back home on next Wednesday. I will used my computer at home. Right now, I still have used my laptop and my brother is helping me to connect the internet for me. I was so extremely tired right now. I have to take a nap for most at the times. I'm so exhausted!!!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Last day in DEN before a 6:10am flight tomorrow morning. Got a lot going on before returning to college on Monday of next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.