Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
we spent a few days there several years ago ... my wife's cousin joked that we had gone all that way to stay at the "Hale K.O.A."
We didn't stay there, as we stayed at a fully furnished condo near there instead.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Saw this today: http://news.delta.com/groundbreaking...oid-turbulence

The article explains that
It is also available in real time, thanks to fast and secure connectivity via Gogo’s in-flight Wi-Fi network, instead of through the traditional ACARS digital datalink system that’s been in place since the late 1970s.
I hope Gogo is more reliable for them than it usually is for me.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
UPDATE - Just checked in at T+24 hours. Printed off my boarding passes and sure enough - 24 hours in advance offered up to 500$ to change flights - or put on the list. DL1161 is the flight.

EDIT - just worked out a solution if it gets juicy enough (VDB that is). Get a one way car rental from DAY -CVG then 6.20 pm flight out of CVG to go CVG-CDG-MAN.

One way rental so my own car will be at DAY when I return.
You have heard that a week is a long time in politics. A day is a long time in frequent flier realm. Not oversold so all is fine.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 11:13 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
You have heard that a week is a long time in politics. A day is a long time in frequent flier realm. Not oversold so all is fine.
LIkewise my flight was fluctuating between F0<->F1 and Y0<->Y2 yesterday. Currently F2Y0 but I'm 6th on the upgrade list. I never figured I was getting the UG anyway, so not disappointed I guess...
Old Sep 1, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Free dinner at the Eden Prairie, MN, McDonalds last night ....

Appears their POS* system wasn't working, only one long line of customers, guy was taking orders on paper, tearing them off & posting them manually where they assemble orders.

Took mine, came back to me & said, "No charge today, sir!".

That's one classy way to handle a computer problem!

*Point of Sale
Gee, I thought you meant *Piece of S
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
Gee, I thought you meant *Piece of S
That's probably how McD's management would annotate that footnote
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:12 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
An option to consider if your wife is interested in playing but maybe not playing a full round.
Why does this sound to me like an insult?

“Hey, dude — not for nothing; but between you and me, I don’t think your wife is playing a full round, if you know what I mean. I’m just sayin’...”
Old Sep 2, 2016, 5:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by N830MH
I haven't hear Dovster for a while. What's going on with him? Is he okay? I'm worried about him.
I just read this and it got me worried, too. I checked my pulse and discovered that I have one, so I figure I am okay.

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Come to think of it, I have been thinking the same thing lately, N830MH...

...but he posted on FlyerTalk earlier today; so I suppose that he is all right.
I am not posting on the Delta Forum because I am no longer flying on Delta and may never do so again.

Chiefly, I am boycotting Delta in support of N830MH and his demand that it give up MQDs in order to make it easier for him to reach Medallion status.

Yes, I realize this would cost Delta hundreds of millions of dollars in lost revenue, but that is a small price for it to pay to get Scottie Gold status.

The other reason is that I am no longer flying to the States and it is very difficult to find Delta flights out of TLV that go anywhere else. I figure that any country which is going to give me a choice between Hillary and Trump is not a country I want to be in.

I will send my absentee ballot in for Gary Johnson and then arrange for all of us Johnson voters to meet at a tiny restaurant in Budapest after the election.

This does not mean I have given up travel. In April, I went to Switzerland for a week. In May, I spent a week in Holland. In June, I was in Sofia (the city, not a woman by that name) for 8 nights and in July it was Romania.

I failed, however, to go anywhere in August. That month is too hot to travel and I prefer to enjoy the cool weather of Israel.

I have been flying El Al for all of these trips and was a bit surprised that even in Biz Class its food is worse than Delta's. It does, however, have the advantage that unlike Delta, most of its FAs are younger than I am.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
It is sunny in England - yeah
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
it's 59F (15C) and pouring down rain in Seattle - summer is apparently over
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:03 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Bright and sunny here in MEM. Had lunch at Interstate BBQ (now located opposite C7) and now waiting for others to arrive on WN at the A gates, so I've walked pretty much the entirety of the airside terminal today (barring the section of B that's closed off)
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Overcast all day here in Southwest North Central Florida with periods of intense rain and wind amongst scattered bits of sunshine. And thank you, Hermine, for uprooting that almost dead redbud tree I've been intending to pull out.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
That can't be true. The bluest skies you've ever seen are in Seattle.

(The truth is that it rains every day in Seattle, but don't tell anyone.)
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
I have been flying El Al for all of these trips and was a bit surprised that even in Biz Class its food is worse than Delta's. It does, however, have the advantage that unlike Delta, most of its FAs are younger than I am.
I'm certain Benjamin Franklin's advice to you would be to put a smile on the faces of Delta's older flight attendants.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
It is sunny in England - yeah
Pouring rain in TX as well. Thankfully, the rain didn't start until I was home.

My parents disembarked from a cruise in Seattle this morning. They spent some time in the Centurion lounge at SEA and are now on a UA flight to IAD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.