Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by secretsea18
Interestingly enough, some of the buildings had already plowed, shoveled and salted the sidewalks in front of them.... buildings are responsible for snow/ice management and liable for injuries if not cleared...

But there were snowbanks on the curbs that were higher than my knees with fresh snow on top of the left-over snow from the last storm. There were a lot of people walking in the street, making driving extra dangerous.

I am very glad that I drive a Subaru Outback at times like this.

Regarding your place and snow.... we can just hope that we get some thawing temperatures before you return, and it is all melted away. However, given that there is another snow forecast for Saturday....... I would not have too high hopes of that.
Is NYCDOT populated with personal injury lawyers? I suppose forcing people to walk in the street would count as a "moral hazard." But, then again, I don't live in NYC.

I can safely say that the temperature in PAP (they just started boarding local passengers to PTP) is in the 80s. But, the passenger sitting next to me is from Massachusetts (Nantucket) and said that they were preparing for another storm early next week. However, he did make sure to tell me that they are only expected to get rain.

I am reaffirming my position that this A320 is about to be retired as the FAs are unable to close 5 overhead bins due to bad latches and the latch securing the aft lavatory door is refusing to hold the door closed. Also, it appears that the heaters are busted as we are only served cold meals--in J!

When do you head out to the Philippines?

Last edited by fgirard; Jan 27, 2011 at 8:59 am
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Cholula
68 and sunny in LAS today.
The StonExpo trade fair is going on in LAS today- I skipped it this year. Please stop by, say hello to all my friends, and drum up some business for me. I'd give you a commission in SkyPesos, but your account is full and doesn't have room for more. (the Delta computers have a size limit on the number field)
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
The StonExpo trade fair is going on in LAS today- I skipped it this year. Please stop by, say hello to all my friends, and drum up some business for me. I'd give you a commission in SkyPesos, but your account is full and doesn't have room for more. (the Delta computers have a size limit on the number field)
He needs a larger account with a bigger room for more SkyPesos. Then perhaps he can accumulate enough to use them.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
He needs a larger account with a bigger room for more SkyPesos. Then perhaps he can accumulate enough to use them.
Doesn't cholula have an infinite supply of SkyPesos?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:34 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
The StonExpo trade fair is going on in LAS today
Surprisingly there are a LOT of conventions in town this week. Most all of the restaurants have been packed every night. And this is mid-week in a normally slow month for LAS.

Must mean the economy is rebounding......
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:40 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"

Just felt an uncontrollable urge to report that.
Sounds like perfect weather to play big (or midi) baccarat.

Another snow filled day in lovely Southern New Hampshire.

Finishing up some work; then I'm off to relocating some of the (driveway) snow to my 'snow-farm.'
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mersk862
Well, SkyPesos are issued by the Bank of Cholula.....it does make you wonder.

Dave
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats

Just felt an uncontrollable urge to report that.
We consider that an aspirational goal.

That does not bode well for their redemption. When there is no longer anyone with enough SkyPesos to redeem them for anything, will they shut down to program?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
...That does not bode well for their redemption. When there is no longer anyone with enough SkyPesos to redeem them for anything, will they shut down to program?
Are you kidding? With the way DL has cranked up the printing presses, there is no danger of running out of SkyMiles in this century. The only problem that I foresee is sooner or later we will be needing 1 million of them for a domestic upgrade.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Surprisingly there are a LOT of conventions in town this week. Most all of the restaurants have been packed every night. And this is mid-week in a normally slow month for LAS.

It's an immediate response to the State of the Union Message- all those conventions were on hold until immediately after the speech, when everyone got excited, the conventions signed their contracts, and tens of thousands of people jumped onto Delta.com and quickly booked their LUT and award tix.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:35 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by fgirard
Is NYCDOT populated with personal injury lawyers? I suppose forcing people to walk in the street would count as a "moral hazard." But, then again, I don't live in NYC.

When do you head out to the Philippines?
I believe there to be a plethora of attorneys here in the "Big Apple". But there is a time period within the snow/ice must be removed, and most had not gotten outside to do it at 7am today.

I leave for Manila on Thursday, a week from now. I have been monitoring the forecast and it should be OK.

There is still room at the dive resort for Feb 12-20... Wanna come for a dive?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat

How dare you go to Vegas now, knowing that if you waited 3-4 weeks you could have joined me?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.950MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
It's cloudy here in MSP, but we're actually going to get above freezing today in the first time in nearly forever.
Aren't you supposed to be on an airplane to someplace warmer, which admittedly would be pretty much anywhere else.

David
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:11 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by secretsea18
Wanna come for a dive?
I am surprised that the Dovster did not respond to such a blatant request...

...but, alas — I think he would rather spend some personal time with Cholula in a room in Las Vegas instead:
Originally Posted by Dovster
How dare you go to Vegas now, knowing that if you waited 3-4 weeks you could have joined me?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Dovster
Our wedding anniversary wouldn't wait 3 or 4 more weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.