Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:29 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by firephoenix
ummm......may i ask what you mean by "done"?- as in ostracized, or perceived to possibly be in over my head with my last statement?

Also- I have a very stupid question to ask- shows my relatively extremely basic working knowledge of computers- how do you post with one of the quotes?- i know u need to click on the quote box in the lower corner-but I'm lost after that
“Done” meaning wait until Dovster reads what you wrote.

Click on the the Reply w/ Quote button in the lower right corner of the milepost you wish to quote.

The quoted text will then appear. All you have to to is start typing after the quoted text.

Just do not add any Returns before you type — that really annoys Traveller...
Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors lackey
ummm......may i ask what you mean by "done"?- as in ostracized, or perceived to possibly be in over my head with my last statement?

Also- I have a very stupid question to ask- shows my relatively extremely basic working knowledge of computers- how do you post with one of the quotes?- i know u need to click on the quote box in the lower corner-but I'm lost after that

It means that the Dovster will be after you forevermore.

If you click on the reply with quote box, the quote will show up. Post your reply to the quote below it. Space down a couple rows and it will work just fine.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:33 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

“Done” meaning wait until Dovster reads what you wrote.

Click on the the Reply w/ Quote button in the lower right corner of the milepost you wish to quote.

The quoted text will then appear. All you have to to is start typing after the quoted text.
Just do not add any Returns before you type — that really annoys Traveller...
Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:55 pm

[QUOTE=Canarsie]“Done” meaning wait until Dovster reads what you wrote.

Ok- this is my trial run with the quotes- speaking of which- all I said was we had the same sense of humor- was that wrong to say?
Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:56 pm

ok- howd you make those nice boxes around the quotes?
Old Nov 29, 2005, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
ok- howd you make those nice boxes around the quotes?
They come out automatically if you leave the QUOTE=firephoenix at the beginning and the /QUOTE at the end with the brackets around them.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
They come out automatically if you leave the QUOTE=firephoenix at the beginning and the /QUOTE at the end with the brackets around them.
Ahhhh...ty- I've been marginally operational on a computer for years, but....even though I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, I have unfortunately allowed myself to remain somewhat functionally illiterate when it comes to computers-I need to accelerate the learning curve-lol
Old Nov 30, 2005, 12:02 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Hey, here I go out to dinner tonight when The Lounge was starting to cool off and get back and find 2 ½ pages of new posts. Cool!
And a new member of The Lounge. Welcome to the Delta Dames™, firephoenix! Look forward to seeing more of you around these parts.
We had a very interesting dinner tonight with the publisher of a major Foodservice magazine. We ate at Napa Rose which is a five-star restaurant at Disney’s new California Adventure theme park in Anaheim.
The real treat was that one of the invited guests was the executive vice-president of Disney who is in charge of all their restaurants and Foodservice locations worldwide.
To say that the service and food in the restaurant was first-class is an understatement. It’s funny what a difference the big boss makes.
Kinda like I what I imagine the service is onboard Delta when Gerry Grinstein decides to jump on a flight.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK...my weather predicting skills need some help.

I need to cross Snoqualmie Pass westbound tommorrow early afternoon. Right now, it's snow covered and requires chains, something I don't have and wouldn't know how to put on even if I had them. It's not supposed to snow tommorrow, I don't think. Will they have this clear enough for this midwestern driver to get through? To complicate matters, they had a rock slide and it's down to one lane.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 12:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by indufan
OK...my weather predicting skills need some help.

I need to cross Snoqualmie Pass westbound tommorrow early afternoon. Right now, it's snow covered and requires chains, something I don't have and wouldn't know how to put on even if I had them. It's not supposed to snow tommorrow, I don't think. Will they have this clear enough for this midwestern driver to get through? To complicate matters, they had a rock slide and it's down to one lane.

There are usually a bunch of resourceful dudes along the roadside with chains to purchase as well as the help to put them on your car.
The only requirement is that you have money. The more snow the more money you’ll need.
Stop at an ATM before you start your journey.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cholula
There are usually a bunch of resourceful dudes along the roadside with chains to purchase as well as the help to put them on your car.
The only requirement is that you have money. The more snow the more money you’ll need.
Stop at an ATM before you start your journey.
Thanks....I don't suppose they take SkyMiles? Dude, you don't know how bad they could screw my company if they want to, I can't imagine how much it would be before I say no.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Welcome to the Delta Dames™, [b
firephoenix[/b]! Look forward to seeing more of you around these parts.
Thanks for the welcome- I think I'm going to like it here.......alot.
We had a very interesting dinner tonight with the publisher of a major Foodservice magazine.[QUOTE= We ate at Napa Rose which is a five-star restaurant at Disney’s new California Adventure theme park in Anaheim.
The real treat was that one of the invited guests was the executive vice-president of Disney who is in charge of all their restaurants and Foodservice locations worldwide.
To say that the service and food in the restaurant was first-class is an understatement. It’s funny what a difference the big boss makes.[/QUOTE]

At some point I hope you'll tell what was on the menu, so I can dream....sigh- I'll bet it was spectacular- isnt the only other 5 star restaurant in California French Laundry?
Old Nov 30, 2005, 1:00 am

darn- still don't have this quote box thing down yet-ggrrrrr
Old Nov 30, 2005, 1:25 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Well, I just looked at my "Join Date" and it turns out I have been on FT for a year. Y'all have been a great help many times, so thank you to everyone for sharing your knowledge. The Delta board is one of the friendliest and most fun on here thank you all for being so welcoming to us newcomers

I would like to propose a toast. Everyone get a glass of whatever you are drinking, or whatever is closest. To the Delta Board, all of its members, moderators and lurkers! And a special thank you to all the Delta employees for doing a wonderful job and for their contributions here at FT!

<bonk glasses>
Old Nov 30, 2005, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Actually, my biggest fear was that you all would want to burn me at the stake immediately on finding that out.
I've never burned a steak. I have burned almost everything else I've tried to cook. Melted my espresso maker last week- forgot I put it on until I smelled the melting plastic handle. Stunk up the apartment for two days.

darn- still don't have this quote box thing down yet-ggrrrrr
The "quote" and "/quote" both need square brackets around them. Sometimes in editing those get deleted, so watch for them. Use the preview post button first, before you use the submit reply button, so you can see if it looks ok.
-----
Hoping for a real longshot, an upgrade on my MXP-ATL leg tomorrow. It's been a good, productive trip to Italy until yesterday, when I came down with a mild cold and I had a wisdom tooth pulled. So my jaw and throat aren't in very good shape. (actually my whole head feels a bit shaky). Nasty wisdom tooth- two huge roots which spread so wide Dovster would wish they were legs, they hooked into my skull. My dentist decided that I'm hard headed and cold blooded, or maybe a vampire instead of a gargoyle- he had to work for a half hour to get it loose, and not a single drop of blood came out. Do you think if I combine a few cocktails with the antibiotic and decongestants I'll sleep like a baby?

So, without that wisdom tooth, I'm going home older but not wiser. Not looking forward to sitting in 22F for 9 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.