Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by firephoenix
Anyways- nice to meet you all- and hope to get to know you better!
Wonderful to meet you too firephoenix and welcome to the DL forum at FT! Good luck at the airline that I (still) love!
Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Hi everyone- I am brand new to this site and forum-
Welcome to FT and the Delta forum. Most of us here are die hard DL fans and think the front line employees are some of the best in the industry. Hope to see you here often and I trust we won't run you off by asking all kinds of questions.

One word of caution. FT is highly addictive so be careful....

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Nov 29, 2005 at 7:55 pm
Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:47 pm

The Best Deli in NY is Essex on Coney on Coney Island Ave in Brooklyn (Midwood near the corner of Ave J) They introduced Chinese probably about 10 years ago and it is out of this world. Whenever I am in NY I eat there and bring food back to Florida. Unfortunately they sustained a fire this summer but should be reopening right around this time.

http://www.greatrestaurantsmag.com/K...urant_view/44/

http://www.essexonconey.com this link is for the menu of their Manhatten restaurant that is a smaller version (sans chinese) of the Brooklyn establishment. The downtown essex is owned by the business partner of the Brooklyn Owner

Last edited by Aircfo; Nov 29, 2005 at 7:52 pm
Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Hi everyone- I am brand new to this site and forum- I chanced upon it yesterday when I was searching around the net for some airline information. In all honesty, my first intention was to do a "hit-and-run"- skim the site for judgements from the prevailing court of public opinion as handed down by Delta's loyal, and in many cases, formerly loyal customers. I started at the beginning of the forum. At first, I was just skimming through the pages just to get a handle on what you all had to say about the current state of the airline. But a funny thing happened along the way.... I found myself slowing down and reading all the posts. (that in and of itself is very out of character for me- I'm definitely not an internet social butterfly) It took me a long time- but I couldn't help myself. Just have to say- you all are such a refreshingly intelligent, warm, fun, close-knit group- not to mention outrageously humorous. (I was laughing so hard several times-I was shocked I didn't fall off my computer chair----and I swear, the cocktails were not a contributing factor!!!Girl Scout's honor)

I wasn't going to post because of some concerns- but as I read my way through the postings, I realized there was a precedent to go by, and if that was heeded, it would be okay. You see, I'm a DL front line employee. (NOT in Atlanta) Actually, my biggest fear was that you all would want to burn me at the stake immediately on finding that out. But let me assure you, I had no part in the obvious marketing missteps (how's that for a euphamism). I really do feel your pain.

I'm trying not to ramble on, so I'll wrap this post up by saying- as a customer contact employee (I'm trying to keep this anonymous- but its hard) I can say all of us in that capacity (most of the company head-count wise) are the actual soul of the airline- and the vast majority of us (except for a few bad apples- but everyone has those) are trying, albeit with our hands tied behind our backs, to save this airline. More on that on a different day-

Oh get out of here...not another Delta employee inflitrating our little group.

Seriously, welcome to FlyerTalk. Good to have you here and you are post welcome. We will turn you into an internet social butterfly. But I am not sure what you found humorous.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Modapa

You know my schedule better than I do! I swear I'm getting senile.
How often do you folks not know exactly when you are flying. I find I do this quite often and have to check delta.com the night before.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From this thread in an entire different forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...33#post4930333
Where we all are: on a google map
Originally Posted by Cholula
There's a good reason for that, indufan.
The Great Plains are mainly populated by buffalo and the random antelope.
Do you just troll every forum all day long looking for a post of mine to quote?
Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors lackey
Hi everyone- I am brand new to this site and forum- I chanced upon it yesterday when I was searching around the net for some airline information. In all honesty, my first intention was to do a "hit-and-run"- skim the site for judgements from the prevailing court of public opinion as handed down by Delta's loyal, and in many cases, formerly loyal customers. I started at the beginning of the forum. At first, I was just skimming through the pages just to get a handle on what you all had to say about the current state of the airline. But a funny thing happened along the way.... I found myself slowing down and reading all the posts. (that in and of itself is very out of character for me- I'm definitely not an internet social butterfly) It took me a long time- but I couldn't help myself. Just have to say- you all are such a refreshingly intelligent, warm, fun, close-knit group- not to mention outrageously humorous. (I was laughing so hard several times-I was shocked I didn't fall off my computer chair----and I swear, the cocktails were not a contributing factor!!!Girl Scout's honor)

I wasn't going to post because of some concerns- but as I read my way through the postings, I realized there was a precedent to go by, and if that was heeded, it would be okay. You see, I'm a DL front line employee. (NOT in Atlanta) Actually, my biggest fear was that you all would want to burn me at the stake immediately on finding that out. But let me assure you, I had no part in the obvious marketing missteps (how's that for a euphamism). I really do feel your pain.

I'm trying not to ramble on, so I'll wrap this post up by saying- as a customer contact employee (I'm trying to keep this anonymous- but its hard) I can say all of us in that capacity (most of the company head-count wise) are the actual soul of the airline- and the vast majority of us (except for a few bad apples- but everyone has those) are trying, albeit with our hands tied behind our backs, to save this airline. More on that on a different day-

FirePhoenix, welcome to the Delta Forum Lounge! Don't worry, most of us are harmless (unless your name happens to be Dovster, who we harass continually) and we aren't in the habit of treating anyone badly. Everyone's opinion is respected here. I'm sure that you will be a tremendous asset to our little group.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold

firephoenix welcome to FT and this lounge... We are truly an interesting and wacky group. Please feel welcome here.

I am sure that if there were more people at DL like you, I would still be flying DL and not the Red Tail.

Come in, sit and rest a while.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Hey Dov

Wanna stay at the Ren? I've got two nights booked with points. As a PPR I'm sure I would get upgraded to the biggest suite in the place. (just imagine how impressed Alysia and the Delta Dames would be with your accommodations).

I'm sure we can work out a deal....say the same price you're paying for the Fairfield. Of course it is against the rules for me to sell them to you so we can't let anyone associated with Marriott know we are doing this.
So late night card games in Dov's suite!
longing4piedmont, I am sure that Dovster is happy you won't be coming so that he doesn't have to fight you for me.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Hey Dov

Wanna stay at the Ren? I've got two nights booked with points. As a PPR I'm sure I would get upgraded to the biggest suite in the place. (just imagine how impressed Alysia and the Delta Dames would be with your accommodations).

I'm sure we can work out a deal....say the same price you're paying for the Fairfield. Of course it is against the rules for me to sell them to you so we can't let anyone associated with Marriott know we are doing this.

longing, all I can say is I hope your son is OK.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors lackey
Originally Posted by indufan
How often do you folks not know exactly when you are flying. I find I do this quite often and have to check delta.com the night before.
The only reason I'm having trouble remembering my flight is because it's different than the same old flight I take every week. I have those memorized and it only took me a year!
Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster
1. Canarsie, I want to report all the posts made on this thread which concerned kosher delis -- especially those about such deli's outside of NYC.
They should all be moved to this thread.

2. I have certain requirements before I will agree to any Meet in NYC:

a. It has to include going to Jahn's for a Kitchen Sink.
b. I will only go if the Dodgers have a home game at Ebbetts Field that weekend.
c. We have to make part of the Do a visit to Steeplechase at Coney Island.

Also, are my store of 15 cent tokens still valid for the NYC subway or has the price skyrocketed to 20 cents?

3. I will be in Fort Lauderdale from the 6th. Please arrange for Marlene to go straight to my hotel room.
Phew! Playing cards with me is not listed as one of the requirements.
Dov, it's $2.00 to ride the NYC subway nowadays.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by mikey1003
longing, all I can say is I hope your son is OK.
I hope the same.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Modapa
Everyone's opinion is respected here.
Let's not go overboard here. Afterall, Traveller still posts here.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
(I was laughing so hard several times-I was shocked I didn't fall off my computer chair----and I swear, the cocktails were not a contributing factor!!!Girl Scout's honor)
I wasn't aware that Girl Scouts still had any honor. I know that back when I was a Boy Scout I did my best to dishonor as many of them as possible.

You see, I'm a DL front line employee. (NOT in Atlanta) Actually, my biggest fear was that you all would want to burn me at the stake immediately on finding that out.
In general, most DL Forum posters are very happy with the front line employees. Of course, this does not extend to the idiot in CDG who insists on putting my FLL-bound luggage on a flight to FCO but most of our experiences with them are happy ones. There are some who work at the Partners' Award desk who I practically worship!

On the other hand, if you are actually Leo Mullin in drag, we would not burn you at the stake but we would drive the stake through your heart just to make certain that you never get up again.

albeit with our hands tied behind our backs...hope to get to know you better!
It sounds a bit kinky, even for me, but what the heck -- I'll give anything a try once! (Except Leo Mullin in drag!)

Welcome to the forum, firephoenix, and congratulations on your first post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.