Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2005, 2:50 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Keep Me Safe

Ok I need to come back over here and stay here I think, spent some time sparring over in security (someday they were get smart and not link posts trashing Israel to the main FT page cause I just cant help myself!!! But hey I at least always run into our buddy JakeBeth over there, we pick the same battles *smile*)
Old Nov 30, 2005, 2:53 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by Cholula
This just in from the National Weather Service Office in Los Angeles:
*smile* nice, real nice, dont make me feed you to the security forum *grin*. Hey just think it could be your first trip to maui out of CA cancelled for snow *smile*
Old Nov 30, 2005, 3:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Canarsie
It is difficult to describe, so I am providing this link to a company with which I am unfamiliar, but it has a decent description of a half-sour pickle.

Thanks for the link. I'm going to order a gallon of Gus's half-sour pickles when I get back from Maui and I'll post a taste test report.
It's impossible to find anything resembling the authentic NYC pickles around here so might as well go to the source.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 3:12 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
You call a gallon of pickles a taste test?

Old Nov 30, 2005, 3:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jfe
You call a gallon of pickles a taste test?

That's the smallest size they ship. And I said I'd report how they tasted.
I've never met a half-sour pickle I didn't like so I'm sure they'll be fine.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 3:46 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
You can bring some to the ELP DO

Speaking of 's, how's your tongue after the chicken bake incident?
Old Nov 30, 2005, 3:49 pm
In memoriam

ok Mr. Hot sauce, you can have your "friends" back from over there. The conversation has reached a low and I probably am gonna get deleted or worse, so I'm done *smile* Ya just cant have an intelligent conversation when only one party brings a brain to the table *grin*, dang talking to Dov would seem high level at the moment, how sad is THAT.

BTW CTS spotting at lunch today, Don Paublo in Richfield (client chose the restaurant, she had never had "the sauce" but did try it)
Old Nov 30, 2005, 3:51 pm

Thanks for the link. I'm going to order a gallon of Gus's half-sour pickles when I get back from Maui and I'll post a taste test report.
It's impossible to find anything resembling the authentic NYC pickles around here so might as well go to the source.
The Ba-Tampte half-sour pickles that Canarsie mentioned are available in some supermarkets (refrigerated section) in SAT, but I don't know how much further west they are distributed. They are great and much like a good New York deli pickle ala the Second Avenue Deli ™ (2nd Av. at 10th) in Manhattan.

BTW, when will we see the new flavor(s) of CHS in SAT?
Old Nov 30, 2005, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster
Well, here is an Amex story which you might not want to ignore, as it is going to wind up giving me 11,021 SkyMiles, and six Coca-Colas, for $21.

I signed up for the Starwood Amex about a month ago (first year free, then $30 per year).

The offer was that I would get 5,000 Starpoints (transferrable to Delta on a 1:1 basis) plus 1000 Starpoints for each of my first six stays at a Starwood property in the next year.

Okay, I doubted that I would be staying at one of them but 5,000 SkyMiles are 5,000 SkyMiles. Besides, by using this card, instead of my Amex Blue, I would get 1 SkyMile per dollar spent instead of 1 for every $2.

Shortly after I got the card I was in the Sheraton Tel Aviv, waiting for the Little Leagues, and bought a Coke for $3.50. I paid for it with my new Starwood Amex.

Guess what? They counted that Coke as a stay and gave me the 1000 SkyMiles! Gleff tells me that they will count any purchase at a Starwood property as a stay (for bonus points only, not towards elite qualification). This means I definitely will buy 5 more Cokes this year at Starwood properties.

Even if I did not use it for anything else, this would give me those 11,021 SkyMiles for $21. As I intend to use it for all my dollar purchases (meaning anything I buy in the States, on the internet, in Switzerland, and all airplane tickets) it will come to a lot more.

Incidentally, Gleff advises me not to stop at the 6 Cokes -- that Amex often continues giving that 1,000 point bonus for the full year, no matter how many purchases are made.
So all drinks for all Delta Dames are compliments of Dov next weekend...we just have to hang out at the bar of a Sheraton or Westin and get them to ring each of our drinks up separately. Besides the points Dov, the other advantage is that you get us all drunk.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 4:04 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Alysia
So all drinks for all Delta Dames are compliments of Dov next weekend...we just have to hang out at the bar of a Sheraton or Westin and get them to ring each of our drinks up separately. Besides the points Dov, the other advantage is that you get us all drunk.
While I am as much fun as anyone, Alysia I have to wonder the wisdom of us all being drunk and them not being. I have seen how long they remember things people have done at past do's. Do we really want the guys having that much ammo on the DeltaDames?
Old Nov 30, 2005, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
The publisher was a 30+ year friend of mine ...
See, here you think you give a guy a little bit of credibility and then he says that he has a 30+ year friend and it all goes out the door. Or is that he just has a friend that is 30+ years?
Old Nov 30, 2005, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
I guess they are saying the weather here (NYC) is supposed to change from GREAT to snow and cold weather . That really is not fun for me. going from here to home tomorrow and coming back Saturday for another week of fun work. Too bad I'll be staying in Times Square, I really like Hells Kitchen/Columbus Circle area so much better, I know its a short walk, but there are WAY TO MANY PEOPLE in Times Square. It is amazing how many people they can pack in a few blocks, and just going up to the LWS changes so drastictly.
What does the Lewiston Nez Perce airport have to do with this?
Old Nov 30, 2005, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI, I passed the pass with no problems.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Lehava
While I am as much fun as anyone, Alysia I have to wonder the wisdom of us all being drunk and them not being. I have seen how long they remember things people have done at past do's. Do we really want the guys having that much ammo on the DeltaDames?
Considering he wants the points, I guess Dovster will be buying drinks for everyone. Besides, guys are not known to just stand at a bar empty handed anyway.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alysia
Besides, guys are not known to just stand at a bar empty handed anyway.
And then there is Canarsie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.