Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2010, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, HH Gold, MR Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by rcom714
I just got Plat on CO and would like to status match on DL.

my newb question........What happens with my CO status? Does DL status match negate my status over at CO or is it as simple as just having status on both?
Regardless of Delta's decision to match (or not) your current CO status will not be effected.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 8:58 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
I have noticed that the following contains status match for US airlines.

Anyone ever had success with status match from other airlines?

Say SQ, TG, QA, BA, etc?

United and Delta both offered me status match for my TG silver!

Last edited by DHalltheway; Dec 13, 2010 at 1:01 pm
Old Dec 9, 2010, 8:59 am

I am an AirTran elite who submitted a request for DL Gold status match. They responded by giving my Silver.

Not worth much, but better than nothing.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
I am an AirTran elite who submitted a request for DL Gold status match. They responded by giving my Silver.

Not worth much, but better than nothing.
I think DL has to give you silver because AirTran only has one elite level and all you need to get it is 25 A+ credits in a year or 10 in a 90 day period. By far has to be the easiest program to become elite on. I wonder if a Southwest Airlines A-Lister has tried to status match to DL, would be interesting to see what DL would do.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
I think DL has to give you silver because AirTran only has one elite level and all you need to get it is 25 A+ credits in a year or 10 in a 90 day period. By far has to be the easiest program to become elite on. I wonder if a Southwest Airlines A-Lister has tried to status match to DL, would be interesting to see what DL would do.
The status match I posted above was actually for my wife's account. I'm going to wait until after the WN/FL integration next year to see how DL handles my status match request after I'm a WN A-lister (or whatever I am after integrating the elites).
Old Dec 9, 2010, 10:29 am

I checked my account today and was just matched from AA Platinum to Delta Gold! ^ It took about a week and not a moment too soon as I have a flight to Asia in 2 days! As I am new to complimentary upgrades, if available, it would be just for my AUS-ATL flight, not the ATL-SIN right? If so, I'm within the 3 day window but no upgrade, and I checked and there are still seats in 1st available...is this common?
Old Dec 9, 2010, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
The status match I posted above was actually for my wife's account. I'm going to wait until after the WN/FL integration next year to see how DL handles my status match request after I'm a WN A-lister (or whatever I am after integrating the elites).
It must be hard for DL to determine what to match it to since there is not the normal Silver/Gold/Platinum thresholds. I'm guessing they must just look at the requirements and say Silver. Another interesting one would be Frontier because they have 2 levels so would DL match the lower one to Silver and the higher on to Gold? I'm interested to hear what DL does for these customers since Frontier/Republic/Midwest are all together now and people may be looking to leave and WN/FL are tying up so FL flyers who want assigned seating and an F cabin would likely switch to DL if they live in the South or Midwest. Seems like a big opportunity for DL to gain more customers that are ticked off about the mergers.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by snowymt
I checked my account today and was just matched from AA Platinum to Delta Gold! ^ It took about a week and not a moment too soon as I have a flight to Asia in 2 days! As I am new to complimentary upgrades, if available, it would be just for my AUS-ATL flight, not the ATL-SIN right? If so, I'm within the 3 day window but no upgrade, and I checked and there are still seats in 1st available...is this common?
Nice! Congratulations! You are correct that the only flight eligible for the complimentary upgrade would be the AUS-ATL flight. An expert flyer subscription (or trial) is definitely worth it. For you to be upgraded, you need to be within you upgrade window and V inventory has to be available. I'm guessing that you by 2 days you mean that you are flying the 11th? On the 11th the AUS-ATL flight that connects to the ATL-SIN flight is the 5:40am flight and that is showing V inventory available so you should have already been upgraded as a GM. On the 12th there is V inventory available on boththe 5:40am and 6:40am AUS-ATL flights so again you should have been upgraded. I would call in if you are on any of the flights I just listed because they are showing V inventory which means you should be upgraded since you are within your window. Golds will get lounge access on International flights starting next March so that will be nice to if you plan on traveling internationally a lot. Enjoy DL!
Old Dec 9, 2010, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
It must be hard for DL to determine what to match it to since there is not the normal Silver/Gold/Platinum thresholds. I'm guessing they must just look at the requirements and say Silver. Another interesting one would be Frontier because they have 2 levels so would DL match the lower one to Silver and the higher on to Gold? I'm interested to hear what DL does for these customers since Frontier/Republic/Midwest are all together now and people may be looking to leave and WN/FL are tying up so FL flyers who want assigned seating and an F cabin would likely switch to DL if they live in the South or Midwest. Seems like a big opportunity for DL to gain more customers that are ticked off about the mergers.
I sent them my flight history, which would have supported Gold on DL based on my flight activity. I wonder if they just match all FL's to Silver and leave it at that?
Old Dec 9, 2010, 9:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SWA A-List Preferred, DL Gold, AA Gold, National EE
A few months ago they matched my SW A-List by giving me Silver on DL. I had asked for Gold in my letter to them but didn't get it. Oh well, I earned it eventually but it would have been nice to get it early.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AA Plat, UA Silver, kettle everywhere else
To match or not to match?

I live in NYC and work in consulting, so I travel Monday/Thursday to/from my client. Last year was my first year back to consulting (took a break to work in industry) so I don't have loyalty right now and am trying to just get initial status somewhere. I had a bit of travel to DFW for a few weeks, so I initially flew AA; then I got a short term (3 month) project in DC, so I stuck with AA just to keep earning status, even though the route isn't that convenient (JFK instead of LGA, and there is really only one flight option each way since I stick with DCA and not IAD/BWI). However, I've gotten moved to the US Shuttle when there are irrops, so weather/getting stuck hasn't been a huge factor; it's just the inflexibility of the initial booking.

Anyway, I just got AA Gold this week (yay! Though I realize that's minor compared to the rest of you here), but also in the last week, I got extended in DC through June. DL has the LGADCA shuttle that is VERY convenient (every hour, so lots to choose from), so I was considering getting a status match and then sticking with DL. However, from what I've read, it sounds like FO is basically worthless. Either way, now that I can start getting the minimum miles per segment, I should be able to hit at least one more level up in either program by the end of the year, but I'm totally undecided as to whether I should keep sticking it out with AA (since I'll likely be on clients in DFW/ORD after this) or switch to DL.

I know that on the DL Shuttle, I'd basically never get an upgrade, but AA's JFKDCA doesn't have any upgrades anyway (it's actually MQ), so that's about the same either way; it's really just when I go other places that upgrades would matter to me. I should note that I do "alt-travel" at least once or twice a month, and AA has some great/cheap routes from DCA to various Caribbean destinations. It may just be that I haven't paid much attention to DL fares, but I don't think they usually seem to pop up as cheapest in ITA when I've searched for my particular trips in the past (and almost always involve going through ATL).

Thoughts?
Old Dec 11, 2010, 8:59 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, DL Plat, UAL Silv, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam, Avis First
My AA card says platinum until Feb 2011. I qualified for plat again this year few weeks ago but didn't get the card yet. I assume if I send this years card, that wouldn't do me much good?

Is there anything else I could send Delta from AA.com?

Thanks
Old Dec 12, 2010, 8:54 am

Continental Gold to Delta Gold Match?

Originally Posted by bajrbajr
Thanks for all the good advice in this thread!

I faxed a photo copy of my CO Platinum Elite card 3 days ago and today when I checked my DL profile it reflected Platinum Medallion status until Feb 2012!

All I faxed was a copy of my CO Elite card... no statement copies.

One thing to note... when I tried to copy my CO card it came out a blurred mess, impossible to read. So I used my scanner to get a pic of the card and then played with the contrast and brightness to get a pic and print-out that was clear. (I even ran it through my fax machine to make sure it was clear enough to read when DL recieved it)

Now off to PIT to take advantage of the DEQM and 10k RDM offers!
Need your advice

Hi! I just got continental gold and i want to send in for a match asap to delta to get gold (currently silver) before i fly to Europe this week

Question:
1) Can i just fax the digital copy of the card on CO website (haven't received the hard copy)
2) What do you put in the body of the fax, any special language/request that would help?
3) Also currently I am silver through Feb 2011 on delta. After my next round trip flight before end of year i'll extend silver through 2012. If i match now will they only match me to delta silver again or Delta gold??

Many Thanks!!
Old Dec 12, 2010, 4:16 pm

If you currently have Medallion status, they will not match you to a higher level....
Old Dec 12, 2010, 7:31 pm

CO gold to Delta Gold?

Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
If you currently have Medallion status, they will not match you to a higher level....
I thought that was part of the intent to match - match programs/levels?

I'd be really disappointed because i plan to fly a lot more delta next year and I would just have silver instead of Gold? So do i have a better chance letting my silver expire and then trying to match? Seems like its still worth trying to match the CO gold to gold on Delta??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.