Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2024, 7:20 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by DaveH
Alas, yes

Did you have any indication yet fhat youd mer the challenge? And I assume you've taken at least one DL flight since your challenge clock started?
Yup, already took one flight. Didn't get any official notification but it' was reflected in my Medallion Status Bar almost immediately after the qualifying spend.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:08 am

My approval email arrived early this morning.

It included this little nugget in the T&Cs, which I haven't seen publicized anywhere:

So it looks like we must fly an actual Delta flight before our match window ends.

I wish I'd been aware of that before firing off my application, as I would have waited until before I had actual Detla flights scheduled.
Anyone have any idea if a one way trip (as opposed to a round trip) will satisfy this ?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MRTHNMAN
Anyone have any idea if a one way trip (as opposed to a round trip) will satisfy this ?
I was told one-way was fine, but more persuasive than that is that the language doesn't specify a RT.

Additionally, I got an email for a Silver match after taking one one-way flight. We'll see if the Platinum match comes through this weekend.

Oddly, I've still not seen any mention anywhere of this requirement, save at FM (where they referenced my reply to their blog entry).
Old Mar 27, 2024, 10:03 am

I was told one-way was fine, but more persuasive than that is that the language doesn't specify a RT.

Additionally, I got an email for a Silver match after taking one one-way flight. We'll see if the Platinum match comes through this weekend.

Oddly, I've still not seen any mention anywhere of this requirement, save at FM (where they referenced my reply to their blog entry).
Yes , luckily I went back to look over the email , EVERY blog in the world was touting this status match but none mentioned the flight requirement, lucky also for me that I can grab a quick $90 6 am delta flight from jfk to boston & turn right back on jetblue and be back at work by 11....my first "mileage run" ever , how exciting !
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Well, I'm impressed.

Spend on my Business Reserve card sufficient to fulfill the Status Match to Platinum posted yesterday. MQMs posted overnight. And as of 7am ET today, I am able to select a Platinum choice benefit for 2025 qualifying year at https://www.delta.com/choicebenefits...enefits.action , even though I don't yet have an email confirming that I've fulfilled the challenge.

For my Platinum Benefit, I was going to select the $400 Amex credit. But the fine print says it won't start being fulfilled until July, well after my payment is due...? Will have to think on this a bit more.
hhdl likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 11:23 am

I got the email today welcoming me to Platinum Medallion status. The terms of the offer included the language "MQDs earned from MQD Headstart using an eligible Delta SkyMiles® American Express Card will not apply towards required MQDs for the Status Match offer" however , it seems that my MQD's earned to get to the required MQD's did include the Headstart MQD's . did this happen to anyone else ? Should I be concerned about this ?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
IME it is standard for the T&C to exclude various "extra" sources of MQD, and yet for them to count anyway. I would recommending meeting the challenge organically just in case the rules get enforced.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, AA ExPlat, UA S, HH S, MR LT Titanium, National Exec
Originally Posted by MRTHNMAN
I got the email today welcoming me to Platinum Medallion status. The terms of the offer included the language "MQDs earned from MQD Headstart using an eligible Delta SkyMiles® American Express Card will not apply towards required MQDs for the Status Match offer" however , it seems that my MQD's earned to get to the required MQD's did include the Headstart MQD's . did this happen to anyone else ? Should I be concerned about this ?
Out of curiosity, would you have qualified without the $2500 boost, it could be they were just too lazy to parse the $ out of your total for the email.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by GaryDD
Out of curiosity, would you have qualified without the $2500 boost, it could be they were just too lazy to parse the $ out of your total for the email.
I would have made gold , not platinum so I guess too lazy
Old Apr 12, 2024, 6:19 am

I started a status match in February from UA to DL. I just completed my flight that put me over the MQD threshold to retain Platinum status beyond my 3-month trial period.

Two questions:
  1. Will I become a full Platinum member soon? Or do I have to wait until the status match 3 months officially ends?
  2. Do I receive RUCs as a status match completing Platinum member?
I want to book a flight that has RUC availability right now but am waiting if I can just book and apply the RUC all at once.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 9:01 am

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by Ducky7
I started a status match in February from UA to DL. I just completed my flight that put me over the MQD threshold to retain Platinum status beyond my 3-month trial period.

Two questions:
  1. Will I become a full Platinum member soon? Or do I have to wait until the status match 3 months officially ends?
  2. Do I receive RUCs as a status match completing Platinum member?
I want to book a flight that has RUC availability right now but am waiting if I can just book and apply the RUC all at once.
1. Yes, soon
2. Yes
Ducky7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.