Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Oh that's great, thanks for that. Mind linking where you see those reports? Would be perfect if those did count since I was thinking I might fall slightly short on the MQM side (fine on the MQDs) and need to book a MR.
Don't recall where, but definitely (also) on this forum, and should be found easily.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 11:00 am

Programs: AC SE100, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, HHGold, Accor Gold.
Air Canada SE to Delta

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for any advice or information shared.

A change in travel behaviour has made me need to look at US based carriers, and Delta came to the top of the list. I applied for a status match today, and was a little unhappy that I could not swap my SE status for diamond medallion. Air Canada's E75 and Super Elite statuses where lumped together in the published match, while having an $11k difference in spend between the two. In applying via the website, there was no number to call to speak with someone from Delta about the possibility of matching to a higher status given the significant difference. Has anyone experienced something similar? Is there someone who I can speak with about this? Any advice would be helpful. If people are more comfortable sending a private message, feel free.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:34 pm

If I book a flight on DL right now for the end of July, then status match to DL July 1st, get accepted lets say July 21st, then would I get those MQDs towards the stats extension or do I have to start the status match challenge then book the flight for it to count towards the $750?
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Originally Posted by Bray757
If I book a flight on DL right now for the end of July, then status match to DL July 1st, get accepted lets say July 21st, then would I get those MQDs towards the stats extension or do I have to start the status match challenge then book the flight for it to count towards the $750?
I highly suggest reading the website over, which will logically answer your desired question in the most logical of ways.
brosnan6 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 10:29 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by itripreport
I highly suggest reading the website over, which will logically answer your desired question in the most logical of ways.
The amount of time it took for you to type this passive aggressive answer, you could’ve simply answered the inquiring member’s question as a community person. We all write here for different reasons with varying aptitude levels.

Originally Posted by Bray757
You are safe to go ahead and book. MQD attribution occurs when the flight completes, not when the booking occurs.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 2:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LyfeSaver
The amount of time it took for you to type this passive aggressive answer, you could’ve simply answered the inquiring member’s question as a community person. We all write here for different reasons with varying aptitude levels.
How the internet has changed. Back in the day, what would have been dubbed passive-aggressive is the question. After all, it is answered directly on the site you need to visit to sign up for the challenge. Kind of a RTFM moment.
itripreport likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by 8mh
How the internet has changed. Back in the day, what would have been dubbed passive-aggressive is the question. After all, it is answered directly on the site you need to visit to sign up for the challenge. Kind of a RTFM moment.
The page for Delta’s Challenge terms and conditions has always been less than clear. It is not abnormal for someone to ask for validation on what seems right.

“How the internet has changed.” Maybe. But I grew up on FT and never understood people scolding others. Be helpful, especially if it’s that obvious to you. Leave the moderation to moderators.

RTFM for basic empathy and etiquette.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 5:59 am
Suspended

“How the internet has changed.” Maybe. But I grew up on FT and never understood people scolding others. Be helpful, especially if it’s that obvious to you. Leave the moderation to moderators.
Oh, you can userate itripreport and when I play userator a little it's "leave moderation to moderations." Nice double standard you got there.

Once again, the answer to the question can be found directly on Delta's status match page. I do not object to beginner questions at all. But once a reference to a relevant, easy-to-read source is given, that should be enough. The question posed by user Bray757 has been answered in this thread several times already. At some point, you gotta blame people for bringing a forum's signal-to-noise ratio down to unacceptable levels if they cannot be bothered to read the last several pages of the thread they're posting in.

And yeah, it is passive-aggressive to ask for an answer that you could have gotten yourself by skimming through the last 5-10 pages of this thread.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 7:19 am

I haven't flown for a while, but I have status with other airlines that were extended due to COVID, IE: Status earned in 2019, status originally set to expire 2020/2021, COVID status extension to 2021/2022.

Since I have status for remainder of 2021, will Delta match? Toying with giving Delta a try now that regular travel will be back on the agenda.

My "recent activity statements" that I believe I would need to submit to Delta has basically been non-existent the past 1.5 years.

Any data points on this?
Old Jun 21, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: Skymiles
Does anyone know if DL has a special status match available for government clients, or do they have to go through the standard status match available to the general public?
Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by 8mh
Oh, you can userate itripreport and when I play userator a little it's "leave moderation to moderations." Nice double standard you got there.

Once again, the answer to the question can be found directly on Delta's status match page. I do not object to beginner questions at all. But once a reference to a relevant, easy-to-read source is given, that should be enough. The question posed by user Bray757 has been answered in this thread several times already. At some point, you gotta blame people for bringing a forum's signal-to-noise ratio down to unacceptable levels if they cannot be bothered to read the last several pages of the thread they're posting in.

And yeah, it is passive-aggressive to ask for an answer that you could have gotten yourself by skimming through the last 5-10 pages of this thread.
It is clear you are failing to see the point of being cordial to newcomers. I never challenged you on the existence of the requested information in this thread. In fact, I, too, sometimes find it frustrating to see threads getting newbie questions that were previously answered multiple times. When faced with basic questions, I choose to assist by answering what is obvious rather than serve attitude. This was exceptionally helpful when others did this for me when I didn't know ABCs of the game. You can also take the hybrid approach--be helpful with a real answer, and be even more helpful by advising the OP to use search or read through pages in the future. But you chose differently.

After numerous years using this forum, I have come to balance these types of frustration with the fact that this forum is not a policed encyclopedia, but rather it is a community of contributors with varying degrees of expertise.

Have a good evening!
Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by JulioCesarSalad
Does anyone know if DL has a special status match available for government clients, or do they have to go through the standard status match available to the general public?
Special status matches (modified ones of the public one OR completely different ones) have been known to be avail to private companies. Someone with better knowledge would have to confirm, but I heard before outside of GSA offerings this might be highly dependent on which agency you work for (due to policies with potential to impact decisions).
Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by TomX
I haven't flown for a while, but I have status with other airlines that were extended due to COVID, IE: Status earned in 2019, status originally set to expire 2020/2021, COVID status extension to 2021/2022.

Since I have status for remainder of 2021, will Delta match? Toying with giving Delta a try now that regular travel will be back on the agenda.

My "recent activity statements" that I believe I would need to submit to Delta has basically been non-existent the past 1.5 years.

Any data points on this?
I am going to try with similar situation later in July. I'll report back with real data, but I am counting on this language: "You currently have elite status with a qualifying airline that was earned through flying and meeting that airline’s published requirements".

Your status was extended but you (presumably) got that status through meeting the requirements set forth in the prior program year. I think logically it would work, but July should reveal reality behind this since tons of people are going to go in for it.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:43 pm

I am going to try with similar situation later in July. I'll report back with real data, but I am counting on this language: "You currently have elite status with a qualifying airline that was earned through flying and meeting that airline’s published requirements".

Your status was extended but you (presumably) got that status through meeting the requirements set forth in the prior program year. I think logically it would work, but July should reveal reality behind this since tons of people are going to go in for it.
I had AA status earned at end of 2019 that was valid through 2020 and extended through 2021. I did a Delta status match in April, 2021 with my very old AA statements from 2019 and it worked. Also the accelerator bonus EQM and EQD from Skymiles award ticket counted for the status match, so that was a nice bonus.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 2:13 pm

Complete newbie to DL here - I'm thinking about doing this during a trip to the US in Jul/Aug and I just wanted to double check my plans, if you will bear with me:

* I'll be matching from BA Gold to DL Plat (BA status was earned in 2019 and was valid through Jul 2021 but extended through Jul 2022 - I assume this won't be a problem)
* I'm residing outside the US (and address reflects this) - no need to worry about MQD
* I need to earn 18750 MQM within the 90 days. If I do paid Comfort+ fares, then with the 75% status accelerator for Comfort+, and the 50% flown cabin bonus for Comfort+, it means I need 18750 / 1.75 / 1.5 = 7142 flown miles - correct?
* If I am approved 1 Jul or after, then my Plat status will be valid through early 2023

Does it all look fine? Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.