Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Original Routing Credit, or ORC: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit, or ORC: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2011, 8:58 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by waltinsocal
I just logged in to my SM account and lo and behold the miles just magically appeared.
^ Yay!! ^

It's good to know that this is possible to straighten out if it ever arises!
Old May 19, 2011, 10:11 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
One last note...just checked my email and it was Kevin who fixed it...thanks again Kevin...I appreciate it.
Old May 20, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
In January I was supposed to return to San Diego from Miami via JFK. Due to Mechanical issues the flight was cancelled and I ended up getting home via Atlanta. I used the Comment/Complaint link on Delta and asked for the Original Routing Credit.

I was asked to give them 30 days which I did. I didn't get a response so sent them another note via Comment/Complaint and received the following reply (and the miles/MQMs were posted within a day or two). It hasn't happened since so haven't tried the method they recommend in their response.
=================================================
Thank you for writing and allowing me the opportunity to further review
your concerns. On behalf of Delta Air Lines, I appreciate the
opportunity to be of assistance with your mileage credit request.

I am truly sorry for the mileage discrepancy you described and the
resulting inconvenience you have been caused. Please know I again
forwarded a request to our SkyMiles Service desk to post the appropriate
mileage for Flights 1660 and 2557. For future reference, for travel on
Delta and Delta Connection flights you can submit mileage discrepancies
at http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_....jsp#acct_disc,
and for travel on our airline partners you can send a copy of your
airline ticket/ticket receipt and boarding pass(es) to:

Delta Air Lines, Inc.
SkyMiles Service Center
Dept. 654
P.O. Box 20532
Atlanta, GA 30320-2532
Fax: 404-773-1945

=======================================
Old May 20, 2011, 12:19 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Seabilly
In January I was supposed to return to San Diego from Miami via JFK. Due to Mechanical issues the flight was cancelled and I ended up getting home via Atlanta. I used the Comment/Complaint link on Delta and asked for the Original Routing Credit.
For DL flights, I've found the most efficient way to get missing credit, is to call. It usually shows up in your account immediately as pending - with zero miles. Then a few hours later, voila! It's fixed! I just did this with a KL flight TXL/AMS and it was FAST!! KL op'd with a DL flight #.
Old May 28, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Rerouted on US - when to request original routing credit?

My wife and I flew to PIT Friday. While waiting to board, we were called up by the GA and offered reroute on US direct to PIT (our itinerary was CLT-DTW//DTW-PIT) and VDB compensation of $300 each. We took them up on the offer, despite two downsides of the deal: 1. It was too late for our luggage to be pulled so it would arrive on our original flights about 4 hrs later and we'd have to wait to have it delivered to the hotel; and 2. We had to fly US.

At any rate, 24 hrs later, no flight credit shows in my SM acct. My itinerary now shows the US flight (and fare class Y) for outbound instead of the orignal DL flights. Should I give it more time before requesting mileage credit?
Old May 28, 2011, 9:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You can call DL and ask for Original Mileage Credit. As a future matter, ask the agent handling your reroute to input the credit as part of the rebooking process. It is not automatic, but easy. It may take several days to post because DL does verify that you took the US trip.
Old May 28, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by akcae
My wife and I flew to PIT Friday. While waiting to board, we were called up by the GA and offered reroute on US direct to PIT (our itinerary was CLT-DTW//DTW-PIT) and VDB compensation of $300 each. We took them up on the offer, despite two downsides of the deal: 1. It was too late for our luggage to be pulled so it would arrive on our original flights about 4 hrs later and we'd have to wait to have it delivered to the hotel; and 2. We had to fly US.

At any rate, 24 hrs later, no flight credit shows in my SM acct. My itinerary now shows the US flight (and fare class Y) for outbound instead of the orignal DL flights. Should I give it more time before requesting mileage credit?
Just went through this with DL and got Original Routing Credit....keep your US BPs. Make a copy of your original itinerary. Send a SHORT note asking for Original Routing Credit with a SHORT explanation of what happened when you fax your US Bps and copy of your original itinerary to DL. Might take a week but you will get your credit sooner or later. Be sure to hang on to your original US BPs and handle it all via fax.
Old May 28, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: ex-NW, now DL FO, AA, AC
I had something similar happen to me. DL cancelled a segment of a trip and rerouted me on UA; I was able to get original routing credit by sending a request through the contact us link online. I didn't need to fax BPs, and credit posted in about 36 hours.
(And, of course, I double-dipped and got the UA miles, too).

-ww
Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:30 am

I need to request original routing credit after an involuntary redirect. Where should I send the request? Is there an e-mail or should I use the mileage credit request form?

Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:45 pm

Original routing credit for VDB bump?

What experience have people had lately on this? Last week my sister and I took a bump from SLC-SEA-HNL to SLC-SFO-HNL (about a 350 mile difference). I asked for ORC through TTU, and I got an e-mail this morning saying that since we got the $400 vouchers they wouldn't give us ORC. Do I just need to do the find-another-agent routine?

(Searches for this topic come up with premerger threads)
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I would try to find another agent. I've never heard of any specific policy on this.

On another OT note, are you planning to route on down to my neck of the woods anytime soon? I hear there's going to be a pretty big football game come September. Two top 5 teams, perhaps?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaWings
I would try to find another agent. I've never heard of any specific policy on this.

On another OT note, are you planning to route on down to my neck of the woods anytime soon? I hear there's going to be a pretty big football game come September. Two top 5 teams, perhaps?
Ok, thanks. I'll submit the message again and see what happens.

Unfortunately, I won't be going to Tallahassee. I went to OU for the past two years (and was in the band), but this fall I'm transferring. That said, I'll be cheering from behind a TV as OU beats Florida State.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:17 am

Programs: DL,AA SPG Plat
I took 400.00 for a VDB on a DCA-ATL-HPN routing. I received those miles along with the instant upgrade to a DCA-LGA flight for which I also received miles. This was all done automatically. I did not have to speak to anyone. In fact I was a bit surprised when I did receive ORC plus the new routing. I was traveling on a pricey last minute M fare so maybe that had something to do with it?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 6:08 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I took a vdb on 7/14 from dca-msp-ord to dca-cvg-ord. Once the miles posted I requested original routing credit and got a response indicating it would be done. Half done so far, msp-ord is still pending.
On the return friday took a reroute because the ord-msp would have misconnected. Will be asking for original routing credit today.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
No ORC cause you took VDB vouchers? That just sounds like a mean agent to me. Try again...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.