Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:37 am

Programs: Delta Unobtanium, HHonors Diamond, Total Rewards Seven Stars
This one isn't all that recent, but I'm new to the thread so I've got two.

Last fall I sat next to Rick Fox on a redeye from LAX to ATL. He was probably going to do work with TNT for something. I didn't really talk to him at all, but couldn't help but notice he was texting Eliza Dushku. Lucky s.o.b.... After getting off the plane train in ATL some airport crew guys lost their collective .... when they saw him.

Another one is a random one, and I didn't even know him, but sat next to Eddie Hernandez once on a flight last fall from ATL to LAX. He's apparently the premier stunt actor in Hollywood. He was on the phone complaining to the hotel he'd just left that he forgot his briefcase or something.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
We seem to be straying from celebrities and into the world of people whose names we know.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
We seem to be straying from celebrities and into the world of people whose names we know.
... and people whose names we (at least I) don't know.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 2:58 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by kidtechno
This one isn't all that recent, but I'm new to the thread so I've got two.

Last fall I sat next to Rick Fox on a redeye from LAX to ATL. He was probably going to do work with TNT for something. I didn't really talk to him at all, but couldn't help but notice he was texting Eliza Dushku. Lucky s.o.b.... After getting off the plane train in ATL some airport crew guys lost their collective .... when they saw him.

....snip....
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Originally Posted by Howste
... and people whose names we (at least I) don't know.
You don't know who Rick Fox is? If you are a fan of movies or television, it is kind of tough to not know who he is. He is not A list, like Susan Sarandon or Harrison Ford or Justin Timberlake, but he is low B list I would say.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 4:19 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by USirritated
He is not A list, like Susan Sarandon or Harrison Ford or Justin Timberlake, but he is low B list I would say.
More like he enjoys "My Life on the D-List" (together with Kathy Griffin).
Old Feb 1, 2013, 5:57 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
Your opinion, of course, which of course you are entitled to. However, "My Life on the D-List" has been off the air for almost two and a half years, so what does that have to do with the price of beans in China?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: DL - KM/DM MM, AA - AP, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Exec Elite
Kimora Lee Simmons on DL0789 - JAN 17 2013 DTW-LAX, Wife and I saw her in the Sky Club before the flight with 2-3 "handlers" and she sat 3 rows up from us in FC @ the window in 3D... last to board, solo... slept the majority of the flight with a blanket over her head and was greeted by her "driver/handler" at the gate in LAX... 6' tall + the "Burj Khalifa height" high heels, whoa...
Old Feb 1, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: DL - KM/DM MM, AA - AP, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Exec Elite
Self Explanatory : TPA-ATL... Brother!!!

Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
We had Danny Glover on ATL-SFO Wednesday night. Great guy and very accommodating to people in the gate area.

While other people went with the run of the mill "I'm getting too old for this siht." I went with the more unique "How long were you sitting on that toilet?"
Old Feb 1, 2013, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
You don't know who Rick Fox is? If you are a fan of movies or television, it is kind of tough to not know who he is. He is not A list, like Susan Sarandon or Harrison Ford or Justin Timberlake, but he is low B list I would say.
Even with the link I have no clue.

Originally Posted by paulmoscow
Hey, I know who Kathy Griffin is.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL ♦, Marriot Plt, NATL EE
Even with the link I have no clue.
You must not be a Jazz fan because Rick Fox used to kill the Jazz when he was with the Lakers
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by Medeski
You must not be a Jazz fan because Rick Fox used to kill the Jazz when he was with the Lakers
If he's been "acting" since 1994, I don't think he's killed the Jazz recently. John Stockton or Karl Malone, on the other hand, I would recognize instantly.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 2:27 am

If he's been "acting" since 1994, I don't think he's killed the Jazz recently. John Stockton or Karl Malone, on the other hand, I would recognize instantly.
John Stockton stopped playing professionally in 2003, Karl Malone stopped playing professionally in 2004, Rick Fox also stopped playing professionally in 2004. Lots of pro athletes start their acting careers while they are still playing.

Partial basketball career records of Rick Fox:

College North Carolina (1987–1991)
NBA Draft 1991 / Round: 1 / Pick: 24th overall
Selected by the Boston Celtics
Pro career 1991–2004
Career history
1991–1997 Boston Celtics
1997–2004 Los Angeles Lakers
Career highlights and awards

3× NBA champion (2000–2002)
NBA All-Rookie Second Team (1992)

Career NBA statistics
Points 8,966 (9.6 ppg)
Rebounds 3,517 (3.8 rpg)
Assists 2,649 (2.8 apg)
Old Feb 3, 2013, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Mitt Romney currently in F on DL 1215 BOS-SLC.

Anyone in SLC can go see him deplane at D12 at 901pm.

I guess he doesn't care for football.

[btw, I'm not on the flight, but Mrs. andymo99 is.]
Old Feb 5, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR Plat Premier, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
I sat behind John Cena last Fri TPA-ATL and next to Mark Pelligrino from Revolution on NBC on ATL-LAX yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.