Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:43 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
Was he giving anyone the business?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: delta dm
Last week the whole band of Chicago and me Msp to Fsd in first class. I sat next to the trumbone player. And the stories even on that short of a flight he did tell.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Last week the whole band of Chicago and me Msp to Fsd in first class. I sat next to the trumbone player. And the stories even on that short of a flight he did tell.
That's pretty cool. I wonder at what point buying the entire first class cabin becomes less cost efficient than a private jet? I have ZERO experience in the private jet world so i have no frame of reference.

Note: DZFlyer did not say the entire first class cabin. But if i remember correctly, the band Chicago had more members than AARP.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Ryno1234
That's pretty cool. I wonder at what point buying the entire first class cabin becomes less cost efficient than a private jet? I have ZERO experience in the private jet world so i have no frame of reference.

Note: DZFlyer did not say the entire first class cabin. But if i remember correctly, the band Chicago had more members than AARP.
I sat next to the trombone player who was an originally founding member. We talked a little about music and a lot about life. Id say they had at least 10 of the 16 seats. It was pretty empty until they git whisked on. Best story was he wrote the song color my world for his son and Frank Sinatra called and said kid write a few more verses and Ill record it. He said no because he didn't want to change the song about his son. Said he was only person to ever turn Frank down on recording a song. LOL. Other stories were told but can be shared here. He said they do 130 dates a yr and some private some commercial and some bus. Just depends.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
What a great story!! most people who turned Frankie down ended up sleeping with the fishes. Thats so cool.

I was on a flight a few months ago and sat next to Rick Deringer. Nice guy. Didn't talk much so I didn't push.

I'm 47 years old. I dont think i am ancient, but when i started telling people, they all said "who?" COME ON PEOPLE!! Hang on sloopy? Rock and Roll hootchie coo?!?! Just to name a few.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:17 pm

What a great story!! most people who turned Frankie down ended up sleeping with the fishes. Thats so cool.

I was on a flight a few months ago and sat next to Rick Deringer. Nice guy. Didn't talk much so I didn't push.

I'm 47 years old. I dont think i am ancient, but when i started telling people, they all said "who?" COME ON PEOPLE!! Hang on sloopy? Rock and Roll hootchie coo?!?! Just to name a few.
Sitting next to Deringer would be totally cool as well. I don't bother people unless they want to talk. I view them as just people like all of us. He also told me to get the book the outliers after telling him about the successes I have had in my life. Done. I'm getting the book. I will reveal the untold stories at the next SC meet up if we ever have one again.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Even buying the whole FC cabin for such a short flight would be cheaper then a private plane big enough for that many. Even a small jet costs a few thousand per hour to operate.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Even buying the whole FC cabin for such a short flight would be cheaper then a private plane big enough for that many. Even a small jet costs a few thousand per hour to operate.
its a business expense so most of it would be written off.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:42 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Your handle says nurse, but you speak bankerish. lol
Old Nov 15, 2016, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Your handle says nurse, but you speak bankerish. lol
Nurse second career, First was business management with Sony.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Jerry O'Connell and his wife Rebecca Romjin (sp?) in the LGA-C SkyClub right now
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: dl platinum
Robin Roberts on 5282 to LNK tonight. Suffering through 2:30 delay with the rest of us
Old Nov 19, 2016, 12:36 pm

DL2571 and my return flight DL 332 from JFK->SJU, also crossed paths in JFK sky lounge before boarding departing flight. Anthony Bourdain
Old Nov 19, 2016, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by emcnj
DL2571 and my return flight DL 332 from JFK->SJU, also crossed paths in JFK sky lounge before boarding departing flight. Anthony Bourdain
He seems to fly them a lot, I would love to sit down with him sometime and chat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.