Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2011, 8:54 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Yesterday I had a coworker going BNA-ATL-DFW. He was IVDB'd from his flight (And got $800 and a F seat later...)

Anyway, he recounted Miranda Lambert, Lionel Ritchie, and Billy Ray Cyrus all trying to get BNA-ATL. He ended up with someone from CSI: New York on his flight (in Y...) Though I'll have to find out the name. He referred to him as "that squirrely looking guy..."
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:37 pm

Saw Katie Couric at the SkyClub in DCA on Sunday.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:11 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by flyingjimmyb
Saw Katie Couric at the SkyClub in DCA on Sunday.
If I was making $15 million per year for five years (what she was making on her CBS contract until May 2011), or over $10 million per year going forward (what has been reported for her new ABC contract), I would have a membership with NetJets/Marquis Jets, or some other fractional ownership situation. For somewhere in the neighborhood of $200-400K per year, which would be about 2-4% of her present income, she could probably cover all of her travel transportation needs through fractional ownership (plus whatever her new employer will pay for her travel). It actually surprises me that Katie Couric flies regular commercial.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 5:03 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond Medallion
Talking

Originally Posted by USirritated
It actually surprises me that Katie Couric flies regular commercial.
Maybe she is trying to reduce her carbon footprint. ;-)

Last edited by milst1; Jun 14, 2011 at 5:04 am Reason: adding a funny face
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
If I was making $15 million per year for five years (what she was making on her CBS contract until May 2011), or over $10 million per year going forward (what has been reported for her new ABC contract), I would have a membership with NetJets/Marquis Jets, or some other fractional ownership situation. For somewhere in the neighborhood of $200-400K per year, which would be about 2-4% of her present income, she could probably cover all of her travel transportation needs through fractional ownership (plus whatever her new employer will pay for her travel). It actually surprises me that Katie Couric flies regular commercial.
Suppose it depends on how much she really travels, if its only one a month then a fractional ownership would be a good idea, but if she flys quite a bit, then those costs would add up. and not everyone minds sitting in F for a couple hours. though if i made that kind of money id take a G5 everywhere :P
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:42 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
It actually surprises me that Katie Couric flies regular commercial.
She's probably in that awkward stage between being flown about in the CBS jet and being able to requisition the ABC jet.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Who are you referring to as "The Catch me if you can dude?" Frank Abagnale, Jr? (the guy the movie and musical is based on, and who wrote the original book) Leonardo Dicaprio? (the actor who played him in the movie) Aaron Tveit? (the actor who is playing him in the current Broadway musical)
Frank A... I put it on here a while back
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Singleflyer
I think he means Frank Abagnale Jr. he lives in CHS and flies DL a lot. He was on my flight the other night out of CHS.
He was in 4D and I was in 4A that evening...
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Singleflyer
I think he means Frank Abagnale Jr. he lives in CHS and flies DL a lot. He was on my flight the other night out of CHS.
If you ever get a chance, watch him in the gatehouse. It makes you wonder...
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:59 am

Programs: Starwood
Originally Posted by james318
Yesterday I had a coworker going BNA-ATL-DFW. He was IVDB'd from his flight (And got $800 and a F seat later...)

Anyway, he recounted Miranda Lambert, Lionel Ritchie, and Billy Ray Cyrus all trying to get BNA-ATL. He ended up with someone from CSI: New York on his flight (in Y...) Though I'll have to find out the name. He referred to him as "that squirrely looking guy..."

flights out of BNA were heavily oversold this weekend due to Bonnaroo and CMA music fest....I saw Lionel Richie on ATL-BNA on Sunday.

A lot of country artistes/ celebs were at the airport on Sunday and monday tryna get out.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 8:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by naijaman
flights out of BNA were heavily oversold this weekend due to Bonnaroo and CMA music fest....I saw Lionel Richie on ATL-BNA on Sunday.

A lot of country artistes/ celebs were at the airport on Sunday and monday tryna get out.
I saw a lot of dudes with guitars and great hair in ATL... Hank Sr must be rolling in his grave..
Old Jun 14, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: Starwood
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
I saw a lot of dudes with guitars and great hair in ATL... Hank Sr must be rolling in his grave..
lol.....speaking about guitars/great hair - no offense to the "free spirited ones" but some of those Bonnarroo attendees are YUCK!! OMG, it was a stench on my flight.....they were proudly talking about not taking showers for 3+ days after intense daily concerts....ewww...

craziest stuff i saw was some of the Bonnarroo folks sleeping on the airport Lawn Sunday/Monday night......arent hotels are too cheap for this kinda foolishness??
Old Jun 14, 2011, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
lol.....speaking about guitars/great hair - no offense to the "free spirited ones" but some of those Bonnarroo attendees are YUCK!! OMG, it was a stench on my flight.....they were proudly talking about not taking showers for 3+ days after intense daily concerts....ewww...

craziest stuff i saw was some of the Bonnarroo folks sleeping on the airport Lawn Sunday/Monday night......arent hotels are too cheap for this kinda foolishness??
Just curious...what is Diamond Plus and at 200k last year why don't I have it
Old Jun 14, 2011, 9:01 am
Suspended

Hippy Poseurs... We had hoped to kill the hippy and disco thing with the US punk movement, but everyone sold out or died and hippy's have mutated into a form of human dollarweeds... eventually they eat enough acid and either slide right into yuppydom or end up cooking pizzas at fellinis....
Old Jun 14, 2011, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Hippy Poseurs... We had hoped to kill the hippy and disco thing with the US punk movement, but everyone sold out or died and hippy's have mutated into a form of human dollarweeds... eventually they eat enough acid and either slide right into yuppydom or end up cooking pizzas at fellinis....
When you see drum circles you know you have a huge problem. When they start a "3 day music festival" it is ALL OVER. I only know of one character who can handle a drum circle/music festival...he HATES hippies.

Last edited by avidflyer; Jun 14, 2011 at 9:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.