Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

United ticket with flight on LATAM, can I get Delta miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2024, 11:28 am
Original Poster

So one of wife's flights that was flown on United was on LATAM. She was credited miles for the legs that were on United but, of course, not the one on LATAM.

Can I use her United ticket that she flew on LATAM to get Delta miles? We will have a similar problem on the leg back with GOL (and, in that case, BA I guess).
Old Jan 17, 2024, 1:46 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
I do not think the ticketing carrier ever matters.

The big issue will be that the LATAM seg was flown with the UA FF# (I assume). Even if this can be fixed, it will be a huge pain and likely not worth it.

On the upcoming GOL flight, try to have the BA? FF# on the ticket before flying. With many airlines can do that at checkin.
pampa likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pampa
So one of wife's flights that was flown on United was on LATAM. She was credited miles for the legs that were on United but, of course, not the one on LATAM.

Can I use her United ticket that she flew on LATAM to get Delta miles? We will have a similar problem on the leg back with GOL (and, in that case, BA I guess).
Yes, but only if the LATAM segment wasn't credited to UA. (Yes it gets zero miles, but would still be marked as credited to UA) If not credited then simply need request credit from DL.
pampa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.