Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2024 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2024, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: matchbox20_is
New menu link here

Current 2024 First Class meal service status -- FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings (except those operated by an A321neo), while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles.

Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

All D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station). Market/Bistro snack boxes are served on flights that are AM return flights to hubs from previous evening arrivals (as the cold meal boxes would require refrigeration overnight ):
ABQ, AUA, ASE, BOI, BTV, BZN, COS, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, GUA, HDN, JAC, JAX, LIH, MCI, MTJ, NAS, OAK, OMA, PLS, PSC, PSP, PUJ, PVD, PWM, SAL, SAT, STT, SXM, TUS, VPS, YYC, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2024 Edition

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2024, 8:28 pm

Transatlantic Economy Meals as of Late April:

DTW - LHR - Dinner (Butter Chicken with Rice and Green Beans, Quinoa Salad, Cheese and Crackers, Brownie)

CDG - LAX - Lunch (Chicken with Gnocchi and Spinach, Couscous, Cheese and Crackers, Tiramisu)

CDG - LAX - (Midflight Chocolate Chip Cookie Service)

CDG - LAX - Pre-Arrival Meal (Bolognese Pocket and Chocolate and Shortbread Squares)

Both primary meals had the same entree that was served on flights to and from Copenhagen last fall (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35704126-post1504.html). What differed were the return of the cheese and crackers, different side dish, and different dessert. I wasn't expecting the warm cookie service in economy, but it was a nice touch. I'm fairly certain these are the same cookies that I've had in Premium Select and DeltaOne on other flights. In terms of taste, the Bolognese pocket is an improvement over the Asian spring roll that was served on my last transatlantic flight.
Old May 13, 2024, 10:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by BakerLifterTraveler
Transatlantic Economy Meals as of Late April:
Are they still handing out water bottles for international flights in economy? Saw something on Reddit that they were planning on getting rid of those a while back. They've been doing it for years and I've always thought that water bottles on long flights are a great touch.
Old May 14, 2024, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by ab2013
Are they still handing out water bottles for international flights in economy? Saw something on Reddit that they were planning on getting rid of those a while back. They've been doing it for years and I've always thought that water bottles on long flights are a great touch.
I did not receive the water bottles on my April flights, while I did last October so it looks like the change has gone through.
Old May 14, 2024, 1:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Anyone had the Croque Monsieur out of ATL? Showing up as a choice for ATL-LAX next week. Not too tempted by it, but just curious.
Old May 14, 2024, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by shoodawg
I think it’s insulting to customers and pathetic that an airline that is spinning billions in profits cannot fulfill their promises. Examples, Friday night they didn’t have the pre-ordered dinner, and Sunday night the crew says the first snack basket wasn’t loaded at origin. So much for premium service. Just pay the premium prices and shut the hell up.
I have seen a pretty significant drop recently in F prices (FCM and outright) on routes that I fly (like back to 2018/2019 prices cheap). There are some routes that are pretty expensive, but I did just snag a $79 FCM on a mid-con flight that I would have been lucky to get an upgrade to c+ on and a few other flights I booked were only a $100 premium to y at booking. This is for summer and fall travel. I actually will wind up a couple dollars ahead. Saves me a meal eating out and I will bring extra checked bag to fill with some items that I am running low on that are a lot cheaper where I am travelling to.
Old May 14, 2024, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by The Situation
I have seen a pretty significant drop recently in F prices (FCM and outright) on routes that I fly (like back to 2018/2019 prices cheap). There are some routes that are pretty expensive, but I did just snag a $79 FCM on a mid-con flight that I would have been lucky to get an upgrade to c+ on and a few other flights I booked were only a $100 premium to y at booking. This is for summer and fall travel. I actually will wind up a couple dollars ahead. Saves me a meal eating out and I will bring extra checked bag to fill with some items that I am running low on that are a lot cheaper where I am travelling to.
While not meal related - just seconding that I too have seen a recent drop in F prices. Snagged two F tickets today for my parents over thanksgiving at prices I haven’t seen in a few years. Makes the lack of ability to
pre-select a meal on the Neo more bearable…
Old May 14, 2024, 7:11 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
While not meal related - just seconding that I too have seen a recent drop in F prices. Snagged two F tickets today for my parents over thanksgiving at prices I haven’t seen in a few years. Makes the lack of ability to
pre-select a meal on the Neo more bearable…
Also OT but I’ve been seeing the same, on all airlines, as of late. (Even snagged a few fall JFK-LAX J tickets on AA for $679.). Airlines must be seeing a softening of demand going into the fall.

Of course, especially with the new labor contracts, softening domestic F demand does not bode well for catering budgets.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 10:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Wyndham Gold, GE/CLEAR
Originally Posted by The Situation
Now that you mention it, so am I. I used to be fully a DL loyalist, and still fly them a lot, but also fly a lot with AA and BA now being London based half the year (and AA loves to be strangely convenient out of JAX a lot too), but on both airlines I'm seeing a lot of reasonable F prices, more so than the past two years. Because of this, I find myself buying paid F domestically a lot more than ever before. Feels great not having to stress over potential upgrades too! Extra MQDs and BA tier points I net from them also don't hurt...
Old May 14, 2024, 11:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
Has anyone done the 11:45pm departure ATL - LHR flight in Delta One recently? Do they actually perform a full D1 meal service that late at night or is it a quick, single tray affair? TY
Old May 14, 2024, 11:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Wyndham Gold, GE/CLEAR
Originally Posted by arunhn
Has anyone done the 11:45pm departure ATL - LHR flight in Delta One recently? Do they actually perform a full D1 meal service that late at night or is it a quick, single tray affair? TY
I haven't done that specific flight before, but I've done other late night transatlantics and it was a single tray affair on those. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that SOP is single tray for departures after 10PM. FWIW this might be the case on AA too since my 10:59PM DFW-LHR a little over a month ago was also a single tray ordeal.
arunhn likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 11:04 pm

SAN - DTW
Green curry chicken with jasmine rice. It was very good and I would pick this every time if I had the choice!
GagaPilot likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 8:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Delta Diamond, American Platinum, Air Canada 25K
Any ATL-ICN in D1 pics?
Old May 15, 2024, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL DM/2 MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
DTW - LAX
Smoked Salmon and Trout
pumpernickel, horseradish cream, cucumber, tomato, caperberry
Breakfast
May 2024

GagaPilot likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL DM/2 MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
SEA - LAX
Fried Egg and Turkey Sausage on Ciabatta
Beecher's cheddar, baby spinach, onion compote
Breakfast
May 2024

arunhn and GagaPilot like this.
Old May 15, 2024, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by SmartSky
SEA - LAX
Fried Egg and Turkey Sausage on Ciabatta
Beecher's cheddar, baby spinach, onion compote
Breakfast
May 2024
That is a really good breakfast option!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.