Old Sep 28, 2023, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveholt
(removing spam)
Print Wikipost

Delta rolling back some changes

Old Oct 10, 2023, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jfktocdg
People who work for the State Department have more passports than that. They have several diplomatic passports
Well I work for a different USG department but thatís why I have two. Though I donít always get stamps when Iíve traveled and Iím not always traveling on the passport.

Again, you aren't airline executives who have the metrics at their fingertips.
I can read what the airlines executive say. Apparently you canít. Taken directly from Deltaís Investor Day statements back in June:

https://s2.q4cdn.com/181345880/files...00-AM-ET-1.pdf
(Page 44)

and you aren't me, who does this all day every day of the week including weekends. I know you don't want to hear reality but you need to. I'm sorry you are angry about the changes. Everyone doesn't get a trophy
Youíre someone who still hasnít figured out how to put multiple responses into one post. Thatís who you are. And why do you continue to think everyone is impressed with your (supposed) flight stats? You fly in a commercial airliner a lot? Cool. A lot of posters here do. And some of us spend or have spent a lot of time in aircraft doing other things that arenít or werenít accumulating elite points. Doesnít mean we donít travel or arenít experienced flyers and just because you (supposedly) travel a lot commercially doesnít make you a higher and mightier poster than everyone else.
ACCDraw and cemlaw like this.

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Oct 10, 2023 at 6:53 pm
Old Oct 10, 2023, 6:52 pm

I enjoy learning from others by reading and contributing to these posts but the childish back and forth between a few individuals needs to be corrected by the moderators as it takes away from the overall discussion.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 7:46 pm

Delta has spoken. There are a lot of flyers who agree with their new direction. They aren't voicing it but they are pleased.
I had two flights today in DL First Class with a different seatmate on each leg.

Over the conversation with both seatmates, both complained about the changes, especially the SkyClub access changes and both said that they cancelled their Reserve cards.

I was sitting at the bar at a restaurant near where I live waiting for my wife and a random customer chatted with me. She is also pissed off about both the SkyMiles changes and the SkyClub changes. She said that she is going to cancel her Reserve card before the renewal.

I think the displeasure is more widespread than Flyertalk.
dw, Boraxo, jamesteroh and 6 others like this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 8:02 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Thread Closed. Mods need to review.
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator
Hepsaint likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.