Search

Why can’t we check in online?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2023, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ND76
I tried to check my wife in for her trip to FCO tomorrow. The system wouldn't let me, giving me an advisory that she has to check in at the airport.
Odds are that a swipe of the passport at the airport check-in should do the job.
whitewave likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Did you upgrade? Did you book one way? Is it saying can't checkin before asking for passport information? If so issue is with reservation or eticket.
there was some kind of issue on the ATL to YUL leg…when boarding I though DH was behind me and 5 mins later he still wasn’t at the seat. he was the last one on the plane… said there was some issue with his passport and seat assignment, so I guess it was two issues. We are in Montréal now, so we made it.

thanks for the trouble shooting help
GUWonder and hhdl like this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
These are five of the six primary grounds for me seeing this kind of thing:

1. International travel document check needed to make sure the passenger has the required documents to be admissible to the destination.

2. Flight/booking changes/disruptions have a ticket being out of alignment with flights on the booking.

3. HaraSSSSment screening target.

4. Payment form/bank card verification check.

5. Ticket number missing or invalidated/blocked.
this is helpful, thanks
Old Apr 27, 2023, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

You can still do OLCI if airline wants document verification. Your eBP just states need verification/verify documents.

There is no CV19 restrictions for Canada anymore, dont need to use ArriveCanada app anymore.

As this is outbound from US. There shouldn't be SSSS issue.

Even if OW ticket, DL will allow yiu to simply enter return date.

As long as passenger is a US/CANADA citizen, the only real reason OLCI should fail, ticket/reservation issue. (RUC upgrade cleared, but ticket not reissued, etc...)

If not US/CANADA then issue could be not having an eTA .

Are there other flights in reservation?
No, we had one way tickets.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
One-way international tickets increase the chances for being hit by a check-in inhibitor. But it’s not always consistent. Were you booked on a separate/different record locator from each other? Different countries of citizenship from each other?

Originally Posted by whitewave
there was some kind of issue on the ATL to YUL leg…when boarding I though DH was behind me and 5 mins later he still wasn’t at the seat. he was the last one on the plane… said there was some issue with his passport and seat assignment, so I guess it was two issues. We are in Montréal now, so we made it.

thanks for the trouble shooting help
Did his Delta profile perhaps have stored in it an older/expired passport while he was trying to travel with a newer passport? Sometimes an airline will end up pulling a seat assignment when the pre-check-in transmission of passport details to the USG result in an alert over a passport/passport-related identity issue, but that’s not common.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 27, 2023 at 8:19 pm
Old Apr 27, 2023, 9:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Did she apply a GUC? What airport are flying from? (US or International)

Did you try going to the FLYREADY page (link in my last post)?
Yes we did. Interestingly, when I went back to delta.com, she was checked in and I was able to print her boarding passes, even though the site wouldn't process the check in a few hours earlier.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ND76
Yes we did. Interestingly, when I went back to delta.com, she was checked in and I was able to print her boarding passes, even though the site wouldn't process the check in a few hours earlier.
Clearing the upgrade entails reissuing ticket in order to do OLCI. Looks like someone actually worked the queue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.