Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why can’t we check in online?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2023, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Why can’t we check in online?

Thanks in advance. I am assuming it has something to with ending at YUL? MSY-ATL- YUL

I appreciate your thoughts.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriot TE, Delta DM, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hi there,
Is there an error code you are getting or more details about what ticket, airlines, fare, etc? Not much to go off here to help you out or provide past experience insight, other than that you are flying MSY to ATL to Montreal. Is it all Delta metal, or mixed carrier?

As much information as possible will help.
whitewave likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

On the app, when I click “Tap here to complete check in”, then it says “ooops, sorry, we are unable to check you in because government regulations require that you check in with a delta agent…”

I might have to check DH’s passport info— they might not have it as he was renewing his when I bought the tickets.

As for planes, DL2400 and the DL801. I booked on delta.com and I believe it’s all delta metal.

ok I’m going to check DH’s account when he gets home to see if they need his passport info.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 4:39 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
They probably want to verify passport and visa information.
whitewave likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

That is what I’m thinking, thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Did you upgrade? Did you book one way? Is it saying can't checkin before asking for passport information? If so issue is with reservation or eticket.
whitewave likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
They probably want to verify passport and visa information.
Agree with this. Usually it's some document check.
whitewave likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 12:58 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by whitewave
Thanks in advance. I am assuming it has something to with ending at YUL? MSY-ATL- YUL

I appreciate your thoughts.
These are five of the six primary grounds for me seeing this kind of thing:

1. International travel document check needed to make sure the passenger has the required documents to be admissible to the destination.

2. Flight/booking changes/disruptions have a ticket being out of alignment with flights on the booking.

3. HaraSSSSment screening target.

4. Payment form/bank card verification check.

5. Ticket number missing or invalidated/blocked.
whitewave and landrover like this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 1:46 am

Probably some passport/visa stuff, or even covid documentation
whitewave likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tt092816
Agree with this. Usually it's some document check.
You can still do OLCI if airline wants document verification. Your eBP just states need verification/verify documents.

There is no CV19 restrictions for Canada anymore, dont need to use ArriveCanada app anymore.

As this is outbound from US. There shouldn't be SSSS issue.

Even if OW ticket, DL will allow yiu to simply enter return date.

As long as passenger is a US/CANADA citizen, the only real reason OLCI should fail, ticket/reservation issue. (RUC upgrade cleared, but ticket not reissued, etc...)

If not US/CANADA then issue could be not having an eTA .

Are there other flights in reservation?
whitewave likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 5:47 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
I flew ATL-MHH a few months ago, and couldn't check in online (nor could any of my family members). I called the PM line, the agent confirmed the ticket was synced up, etc.

Turns out all I needed was a passport swipe, and the TA had no idea why it wouldn't give me a BP that just said docs required. Took her no longer than normal to get me checked in. My guess it's something as simple as that, hopefully.
whitewave likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 6:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by Cory6188
I flew ATL-MHH a few months ago, and couldn't check in online (nor could any of my family members). I called the PM line, the agent confirmed the ticket was synced up, etc.

Turns out all I needed was a passport swipe, and the TA had no idea why it wouldn't give me a BP that just said docs required. Took her no longer than normal to get me checked in. My guess it's something as simple as that, hopefully.
I regularly fly into YYZ and have to check-in at the desk to get my passport and "covid docs" checked. Asked an agent once and she said that DL hasn't overhauled its covid document-checking system and that's they have to swipe your passport and stuff to check-in for your international flight.
whitewave likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by physicsdude
I regularly fly into YYZ and have to check-in at the desk to get my passport and "covid docs" checked. Asked an agent once and she said that DL hasn't overhauled its covid document-checking system and that's they have to swipe your passport and stuff to check-in for your international flight.
I forgot about this. If you goto the DL FLYREADY page and input the PNR, you should be able to clear this. For some reason the FlyReady system is still active for Canada. I was told because Arrive Canada was still being required till recently and is still requested(but not required) by Canada, who knows. You can answer no to vaccinated, otherwise system will require you upload proof of vaccine. (There's no difference for Canada anymore - no CV19 test or quarantine required)

My information is saved in the system. Thus don't have issue anymore.
whitewave likes this.

Last edited by flyerCO; Apr 27, 2023 at 8:39 am
Old Apr 27, 2023, 1:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I tried to check my wife in for her trip to FCO tomorrow. The system wouldn't let me, giving me an advisory that she has to check in at the airport.
whitewave likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ND76
I tried to check my wife in for her trip to FCO tomorrow. The system wouldn't let me, giving me an advisory that she has to check in at the airport.
Did she apply a GUC? What airport are flying from? (US or International)

Did you try going to the FLYREADY page (link in my last post)?
whitewave likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.