Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta New Qualification Requirements 2024 status year (2023 earning)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta New Qualification Requirements 2024 status year (2023 earning)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Protecting the Diamond fortress--no surprise at all.

Secondary benefit is driving additional co-brand card acquisition/spend among the remaining tiers (and this may actually be the primary motivation).

Tertiary impact of thinning out Gold ranks also reduces pressure on SkyPriority amenities at airport and lowers SkyClub use/SkyTeam lounge remimbursements.
DrMilano and seageg91 like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
This gives much bigger weight to the MM program, which in itself got some announced changes this month.
Wonder if the timing was coordinated?!?
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I am somewhat surprised they didn't increase the actual MQM required as well. There still will be a lot of excess MQM rollover in the system - that, combined with the MQD waiver, suggests to me that Gold/Plat may not really be impacted at all.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I would have them rather all airlines stopped the freebies to make everyone elite during COVID for this year (2021 I get it) but that's just my opinion. Too many elite ranks anyway, so this is just fine by me.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:46 am

Ah well this marks the end of diamond for me. MQDs will be $16k this year and that’s with a MQD run to London in D1 paid for with miles. I think this ultimately just devalues platinum since with so many MQMs and the amex waiver it’ll be a bigger crowd.
kthomas likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Adelphos
I am somewhat surprised they didn't increase the actual MQM required as well. There still will be a lot of excess MQM rollover in the system - that, combined with the MQD waiver, suggests to me that Gold/Plat may not really be impacted at all.
I'm still not 100% on the MQD waiver. If you look at the email that Delta sent, the waiver is protected.

If you look at the link on their news page, though, there is no mention of the waiver, only that there is no change to MQM or MQS. I asked about it in a tweet, but the tweet was quickly removed (although that could simply be that I don't know how to use twitter and just couldn't find it once i posted it; It definitely posted for at least a few minutes).

Not trying to cause panic. I think it was just something they overlooked on the news page, since they don't want to kill the value of the credit card. But it's Delta, so just in case...

Mike
HohoGAP likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:51 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Duke787
New PM/DM choices seem lame.
Originally Posted by JTE458
$500 Statement Credit for a DM benefit is pretty damn good, pays for the whole annual card fee almost.
Yeah, this seems like the new go-to after GUCs.

Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
This gives much bigger weight to the MM program, which in itself got some announced changes this month.
Wonder if the timing was coordinated?!?
Only a bit IMO since the MQD threshold for Silver isn't changing and GM is going from $6k to $8k. Other than the new gift choices there wasn't anything else new for MM, was there?
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeef
I'm still not 100% on the MQD waiver. If you look at the email that Delta sent, the waiver is protected.

If you look at the link on their news page, though, there is no mention of the waiver, only that there is no change to MQM or MQS. I asked about it in a tweet, but the tweet was quickly removed (although that could simply be that I don't know how to use twitter and just couldn't find it once i posted it; It definitely posted for at least a few minutes).

Not trying to cause panic. I think it was just something they overlooked on the news page, since they don't want to kill the value of the credit card. But it's Delta, so just in case...

Mike
I'd be surprised if they raise the waiver (or raise it significantly). The overcrowding of SkyClubs has already killed the value of the Reserve card (last trip I couldn't use the MSP SkyClub because the line was too long) -- if they significantly raise the MQD waiver, there's no point in holding on to the Reserve.

Perhaps a modest increase (say $27.5k or $30k) but beyond that they start to kill the value of that card especially head to head against the AMEX Plat (where it already loses in a head to head battle save for the MQD waiver which keeps it in the wallet).
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:52 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by mikeef

Mike
Highly doubt it would be removed-- that cobranded card relationship is too important to Delta and they want to encourage spend on it. Similar to how AA's new program for this year heavily encourages CC spend.
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Cant wait for the idiot blogger race to see who can repost this fast enough alongside meaningless rambling claiming to to breaking the news that provides no useful substance other than EXACTLY what was written in the article....

oh wait, they beat me to it.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:54 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
New Premium Choice Benefits The best rewards are the ones that mean the most to you.
That’s why we’re excited to introduce new 2024 Medallion Status Choice Benefits for Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members—getting you closer to dream destinations, next year’s Medallion Status and more.
Learn More >

Clicking on that takes you to

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...640#selections

403 - FORBIDDEN That's ForbiddenNot to worry, it isn't as scandalous as it sounds. Unfortunately, you don't have permission to access that page on this server. Please use the links at the top of the page (or below) to get where you need to go.

There is a lot that is Forbidden on DL !
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:56 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
DL is sending 2 messages
A
There are too many elite members - when all are elite, no one is elite
B
The pandemic related lowering of qualification standards is over!
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Just as a DP but my issue is never MQD's really (Well maybe now since I do on average $18,000) but MQM's. I'd rather Delta add a MQD only option even if it'd be $25,000 MQD's. Hell with current flight prices you could easily hit $3k spent on a few paid FC seats and have under 10k MQM's lol.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by BG-777Flyer
Anyone else getting 403 errors trying to access the links?
Trying to process an online RUC/GUC will be a 403 link error in 2023.

I have enjoyed the ease of using United's PlusPoints online this year, as I highly doubt that DL IT will be able to get its act together.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:04 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The links in the email seem to be working now even if not logged in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.