Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta New Qualification Requirements 2024 status year (2023 earning)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta New Qualification Requirements 2024 status year (2023 earning)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by BG-777Flyer
Anyone else getting 403 errors trying to access the links?
Yes and it is annoying quite frankly.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by TOPGUN750
Where do you see mention of any AMEX MQD waivers? Are they keeping the waivers or getting rid of it?

The dollar increases on MQD requirement are steep at over 33% more spend. I'm barely hitting Diamond this year. I'll enjoy it one last time.
After receiving the email, I clicked on the link… seems like it’s 403-forbidden now.

as for the new benefits, I saw something: MQD boost as choice benefit, a slight higher delta credit to use, nominate 2 ppl instead of 1 for statuses, delta vacation credit, etc…
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Meh, I usually spend around $18k in MQD's and can probably stretch it. I assume United will jump up from their 15k also.
kthomas and DrMilano like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Plat Choice Benefits will include:
-Gift Silver Medallion Status to 2 Members
-$250 Sustainable Aviation Fuel Contribution
-$400 Delta Vacations Experience (flight + hotel)*
-$500 MQD Boost towards next Medallion Qualification Year
-$250 Delta Travel Voucher
-$200 American Express Statement Credit on Basic Delta SkyMiles Platinum and Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express Cards, or Basic Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business and Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business American Express Cards

Diamond Choice Benefits will include:
-Gift Gold Medallion Status to 2 Members
-$250 Sustainable Aviation Fuel Contribution
-$500 Delta Vacations Experience (flight + hotel)*
-$1,000 MQD Boost towards next Medallion Qualification Year
-$250 Delta Travel Voucher
-$500 American Express Statement Credit on Basic Delta SkyMiles Platinum and Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express Cards, or Basic Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business and Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business American Express Cards
Before people freak out, these are just the additional new benefits.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
[QUOTE=JTE458;34658987]Of course the link to see what the new choice benefits are is broken....[/https://apple.news/AOfknf-FHTUyt5KTyUyr2_Q

Here you go, the choice benefits are showing up here
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Joshus24779
I do not understand the ranges for MQD and the gaps between them?
The email is possibly a bit confusing based on the wording. There are no actual "gaps". It mostly makes sense except for Silver (which should have been increased to $4000 if they were to be completely consistent).

Silver status will require $3000 MQD (and includes those with spend up to $8000)
Gold will require $8000 MQD (and includes those with spend up to $12,000)
Plat will require $12,000 MQD (and includes those with spend up to $20,000)
Diamond will require $20,000 MQD (and anything above)
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by rucksack
Before people freak out, these are just the additional new benefits.
Yup! They're in addition to the usual offerings. There won't be an increase in the number of GUC/RUC certs that you can select. What's less clear is how many Choice Benefits each tier gets to select.
ebayj and kthomas like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: AA 1MM; DL PM
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
I was rather hoping that Delta would move toward a loyalty point system like AA. Oh well
God, I hope not. This is one of the primary drivers of my status match to Delta this year. For people in a two frequent-flyer household, it makes it extremely difficult for you both to hit something like PRO. I would’ve easily made EXP this year, in fact, but that’s because all of our household spending was on my Citi card. For my husband, he was struggling to make GLD, unless we were willing to switch cards (and update automated payments, etc.) midyear. Too much effort.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:44 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Probably good news in general for folks.

Alas I guess I’m part of the thinning - as someone whose MQDs tend to end up around the current borderline of gold/silver (and I don’t have the AmEx waiver), it looks like I’ll probably be solidly sent back to FO land once 2024 comes around. Alas manufacturing an extra $2000 of flight spend just for gold probably isn’t worth it. (Even though it looks like I’ll be ATL based for the next couple years, I wonder if I might consider shopping around once I hit the DL $3000 MQD…)
Hoyaheel likes this.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
MQD increase seems substantial.

New PM/DM choices seem lame.

Why couldn’t they have used this opportunity to go to a points based upgrade system a la UA so PM could use RUC for upgrading to J from PE on international if wanted
kthomas and krazykanuck like this.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Looks like PM and Amex waiver will be the sweet spot for many who have huge rollover MQMs.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Duke787
MQD increase seems substantial.

New PM/DM choices seem lame.

Why couldn’t they have used this opportunity to go to a points based upgrade system a la UA so PM could use RUC for upgrading to J from PE on international if wanted
I agree the MQD's are higher then I thought of what it'd be when it came but considering my LGA-BUF flight had 11 FC available and went down to 2 on the 5 day window I think they need to thin the heard.
DrMilano likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:48 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
The dollar amounts come pretty close to matching AA's equivalent values, and UA's before they lowered requirements for 2023.

There are still some sweet spots on the partner earning charts like VS-marketed MQD runs in Economy Delight or if you can find cheap Premium Economy fares.

Also, credit card holders benefit more (via the MQD waiver and through the new choice benefits).
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jhartvu
God, I hope not. This is one of the primary drivers of my status match to Delta this year.
I'd hop to DL if they did switch to LPs. The AA LPs system has been great for me and many others. I've already requalified for EP and still have five months to go in the cycle. It's a much easier system once you get used to it.
KDCAflyer and FlyFreakquently like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:51 am

$500 Statement Credit for a DM benefit is pretty damn good, pays for the whole annual card fee almost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.