Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Million Miler Gifts (For 2022 Qualification)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Million Miler Gifts (For 2022 Qualification)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Well, not *strictly* earned... I understand that credit card MQM bonus also counts toward MM status. In theory (if the program doesn't change, of course), someone could start out with a new Reserve card today, spend $120k per year on it, earning 15k MQM bonus x4 for 60k per year - and become a million miler without ever stepping on a plane in just over 16.5 years.

It's a stupid think to do, but I would be that Delta and American Express would be very appreciative if you did it!
With a personal and corporate reserve card try 120,000 MQMs per year and hitting 1M MQMs in just over 8 years without ever leaving the ground.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Well, not *strictly* earned... I understand that credit card MQM bonus also counts toward MM status. In theory (if the program doesn't change, of course), someone could start out with a new Reserve card today, spend $120k per year on it, earning 15k MQM bonus x4 for 60k per year - and become a million miler without ever stepping on a plane in just over 16.5 years.

It's a stupid think to do, but I would be that Delta and American Express would be very appreciative if you did it!
It's still earned, even if activity is CC based. Also those AMEXs make DL a good chunk of change. Finally even with both personal and business, it would take many years to earn.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
With a personal and corporate reserve card try 120,000 MQMs per year and hitting 1M MQMs in just over 8 years without ever leaving the ground.
If you add a Plat DL AmEx card and put $25,000 on it every, you hit MM a bit sooner and in the meantime are always DM, just in case you ever fly DL.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you add a Plat DL AmEx card and put $25,000 on it every, you hit MM a bit sooner and in the meantime are always DM, just in case you ever fly DL.
isn’t the DM waiver $250K? I thought the $25k was just for platinum waiver.
EarlVolFan likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Stygian7
Correct. But a shrewd SM member could in theory have a personal and corporate reserve and platinum cards and earn 160,000 MQMs (60, 60, 20, 20) by spending $340,000 (120, 120, 50, 50) in a calendar year.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Stygian7
Yes, you get the DM waiver from all of your AmEx spending on DL cards, assuming that you have at least one Plat or Reserve credit card. $120,000 spend (each) on personal and business Reserve card gets you 120,000 MQMs and $240,000 toward the waiver. If you then get an AmEx DL Plat credit card (personal or business) and spend $25,000, you're at 130,000 MQMs and have cleared the DM MQD waiver with $265,000 total spend.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yes, you get the DM waiver from all of your AmEx spending on DL cards, assuming that you have at least one Plat or Reserve credit card. $120,000 spend (each) on personal and business Reserve card gets you 120,000 MQMs and $240,000 toward the waiver. If you then get an AmEx DL Plat credit card (personal or business) and spend $25,000, you're at 130,000 MQMs and have cleared the DM MQD waiver with $265,000 total spend.
i see what your saying; thought maybe there was some workaround to the $250k threshold that I was unaware of. Without MS, the $250k is a high bar.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
I wasn't trying to describe every possible permutation.

If you had 7 friends, and they all had the personal and the Reserve, and they all gifted you all of their MQM bonuses too, you could make it in a year!
Old Oct 1, 2022, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Much better than the choices offered for my 4MM. I picked a Hartmann bag. But Delta sent a crappy computer bag instead (without allowing me to select another option) because they'd stopped offering the bag I chose. And their supply was gone by the time my ordered was actually filled. I will be interested to see what's offered for 5MM since I should hit it next year.
LDNConsultant likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by bobf
I crossed over 2mm a couple days ago, and got the gift offers. Seems to be about $120 in 2 bottles of wine, $650 in an overnight bag, or $1200 in a gift certificate. Answer seems obvious to me, but I could not figure out whether I had to use the whole $1200 on one reservation, or if there are some other down sides to the gift certificate. Any advice?

Bob
Congratulations! I crossed 2MM earlier this year. All I got was the shiny glass and a $350 gift card. You don't have to use up the gift card in one go though, so I suppose your $1,200 gift certificate is similar?

Last edited by MonAmQB; Oct 2, 2022 at 7:59 am
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
I agree, hit 2Million in January and received the same $300.00 gift card. I now feel cheated

Last edited by Singleflyer; Oct 2, 2022 at 4:28 pm
Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by mot29
Same for me - the Tumi hard side carryon, which isn't a bad thing - but...
For 1 MM I took a Hartmann rolling wardrobe case that I've never used.
And my NW/DL mix was about the same - with the merger, my 100,000 DL miles put me over the 1MM and probably 1/4 of the NW miles were flown on NC/Republic.

What is most interesting to me is that the 2MM notation that the FAs see on their handhelds seems to impress them the most - not being DM so much. That is what I hear the most 'thanks' for.
There are a few Republic miles in my mix as well, but I only had a couple of flights before the merger

I agree about the 2MM. It's been awhile since I was DM but I don't remember the FAs saying much about it, but the 2MM does seem to impress them -- or at least provokes more conversation
Old Oct 2, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I wonder if the gift offerings are at all personalized based on spend? Perhaps the $1200 gift card option also requires a certain spend threshold that they don't publicly share. People that have flown 2mm miles could have spent vastly different sums with the airline, especially because bonus miles used to count years ago in World Perks.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Wow yeah I crossed 2MM last year when the gifts were suspended during covid, and only received the $350 gift card and acrylic 2M thingy.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by bobf
Hmmmm, plastic toy airplane or $1250....decisions decisions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.