Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Million Miler Gifts (For 2022 Qualification)

Old Sep 30, 2022, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles

I crossed over 2mm a couple days ago, and got the gift offers. Seems to be about $120 in 2 bottles of wine, $650 in an overnight bag, or $1200 in a gift certificate. Answer seems obvious to me, but I could not figure out whether I had to use the whole $1200 on one reservation, or if there are some other down sides to the gift certificate. Any advice?

Bob
lc412000 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 6:02 pm

Congrats; a major threshold! I’m sure you’ve had your share of IROPs, medical emergencies and aborted landings. Feel free to share any stories.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chaz_12
Congrats; a major threshold! I’m sure you’ve had your share of IROPs, medical emergencies and aborted landings. Feel free to share any stories.
Actually the biggest reason I've been such a steady Delta customer is that I have not had so many of those. I've flown American 1/20th as much but they are tied for lost luggage.
doubleA and rt23456p like this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 12:30 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Beats what I got at 2MM: A suitcase I used once and could have bought for $300 or so. There was a more expensive garment bag but I haven't used one of those in 20 years

I had roughly 1MM on NWA and 1MM on DL -- most of it longhaul but only got stranded overnight once (and that was a series of cascading failures). A few 8-12 hour delays but they always got me there.
EarlVolFan and CO-PLAT like this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Plat; Marriott LT Titanium
Wow, $1,200. I made 2MM in early 2021 and I first got an email saying they had temporarily suspended their gifts and then, in May, an email saying, “please accept this $350 Delta eGift Card in honor of your achievement” Plus I received a little glass thingy saying 2MM. However, I have had very few real delays though once a flight I was on was delayed to Atlanta so I missed my departure to Singapore via Seoul and Delta cancelled the entire reservation stating I’d never shown up (the entire trip was on one ticket). They fixed it, they said, and got me to Singapore the next day but every flight on that trip with other airlines was a hassle on check in as they couldn’t easily find my reservation. Other than that, I have had one serious weather delay, one multi-segment trip where every single flight was delayed at least four hours, and one unscheduled landing because of engine trouble. American and United have both caused me enough problems that I go out of my way to avoid them. Delta is a pretty damn good airline from my point of view (though I do think $350 was really cheap now that I see others get $1,200).
Singleflyer and lc412000 like this.

Last edited by dlffla; Oct 1, 2022 at 6:59 am
Old Oct 1, 2022, 6:54 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Go on, take the money and run.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM, Bonvoy Lft Titanium, Hilton Lft Diamond
Originally Posted by dlffla
Wow, $1,200. I made 2MM in early 2021 and I first got an email saying they had temporarily suspended their gifts and then, in May, an email saying, “please accept this $350 Delta eGift Card in honor of your achievement” Plus I received a little glass thingy saying 2MM. Delta is a pretty damn good airline from my point of view (though I do think $350 was really cheap now that I see others get $1,200).
This is exactly what I received also. How did we end up with $350 and others received $1,200 gift card? The little glass thingy saying 2MM made me laugh. Do they think I actually have an office to place this in? If I had an office I would not have made 2MM....laughing
Old Oct 1, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by lc412000
This is exactly what I received also. How did we end up with $350 and others received $1,200 gift card? The little glass thingy saying 2MM made me laugh. Do they think I actually have an office to place this in? If I had an office I would not have made 2MM....laughing
Inflation's a bear. Just be glad they're not offering it in Bitcoin.
lc412000 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OP - Can you post a screen shot of what the options are currently?
Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
Nice! Congrats!

I am also in the $350 and acrylic award thingy club for 2MM.

I am jealous.

Take the money (gift card).
Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:22 am
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
I got a rock.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Beats what I got at 2MM: A suitcase I used once and could have bought for $300 or so. There was a more expensive garment bag but I haven't used one of those in 20 years

I had roughly 1MM on NWA and 1MM on DL -- most of it longhaul but only got stranded overnight once (and that was a series of cascading failures). A few 8-12 hour delays but they always got me there.
Same for me - the Tumi hard side carryon, which isn't a bad thing - but...
For 1 MM I took a Hartmann rolling wardrobe case that I've never used.
And my NW/DL mix was about the same - with the merger, my 100,000 DL miles put me over the 1MM and probably 1/4 of the NW miles were flown on NC/Republic.

What is most interesting to me is that the 2MM notation that the FAs see on their handhelds seems to impress them the most - not being DM so much. That is what I hear the most 'thanks' for.
TheMadBrewer likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mot29
Same for me - the Tumi hard side carryon, which isn't a bad thing - but...
For 1 MM I took a Hartmann rolling wardrobe case that I've never used.
And my NW/DL mix was about the same - with the merger, my 100,000 DL miles put me over the 1MM and probably 1/4 of the NW miles were flown on NC/Republic.

What is most interesting to me is that the 2MM notation that the FAs see on their handhelds seems to impress them the most - not being DM so much. That is what I hear the most 'thanks' for.
Makes a bit of sense. DM can have been granted/given away by company. MM is strictly earned and means generally you've supported DL over long term.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Voila

Originally Posted by josephstern
OP - Can you post a screen shot of what the options are currently?
josephstern likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Makes a bit of sense. DM can have been granted/given away by company. MM is strictly earned and means generally you've supported DL over long term.
Well, not *strictly* earned... I understand that credit card MQM bonus also counts toward MM status. In theory (if the program doesn't change, of course), someone could start out with a new Reserve card today, spend $120k per year on it, earning 15k MQM bonus x4 for 60k per year - and become a million miler without ever stepping on a plane in just over 16.5 years.

It's a stupid thing to do, but I would be that Delta and American Express would be very appreciative if you did it!

Last edited by Qwkynuf; Oct 1, 2022 at 6:22 pm Reason: Fixed typo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.