Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Million Miler Gifts (For 2022 Qualification)

New Million Miler Gifts (For 2022 Qualification)

Old Sep 30, 22, 6:49 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South Florida
Programs: Delta Skymiles
Posts: 185
New Million Miler Gifts (For 2022 Qualification)

I crossed over 2mm a couple days ago, and got the gift offers. Seems to be about $120 in 2 bottles of wine, $650 in an overnight bag, or $1200 in a gift certificate. Answer seems obvious to me, but I could not figure out whether I had to use the whole $1200 on one reservation, or if there are some other down sides to the gift certificate. Any advice?

Bob
lc412000 likes this.
bobf is offline  
Old Sep 30, 22, 7:02 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BOS
Posts: 77
Congrats; a major threshold! I’m sure you’ve had your share of IROPs, medical emergencies and aborted landings. Feel free to share any stories.
rt23456p likes this.
Chaz_12 is offline  
Old Sep 30, 22, 7:31 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South Florida
Programs: Delta Skymiles
Posts: 185
Originally Posted by Chaz_12 View Post
Congrats; a major threshold! Im sure youve had your share of IROPs, medical emergencies and aborted landings. Feel free to share any stories.
Actually the biggest reason I've been such a steady Delta customer is that I have not had so many of those. I've flown American 1/20th as much but they are tied for lost luggage.
doubleA and rt23456p like this.
bobf is offline  
Old Oct 1, 22, 1:30 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: LAX
Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Posts: 4,783
Beats what I got at 2MM: A suitcase I used once and could have bought for $300 or so. There was a more expensive garment bag but I haven't used one of those in 20 years

I had roughly 1MM on NWA and 1MM on DL -- most of it longhaul but only got stranded overnight once (and that was a series of cascading failures). A few 8-12 hour delays but they always got me there.
EarlVolFan and CO-PLAT like this.
TheMadBrewer is offline  
Old Oct 1, 22, 7:48 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AVL
Programs: DL 2MM, Plat; Marriott LT Titanium
Posts: 192
Wow, $1,200. I made 2MM in early 2021 and I first got an email saying they had temporarily suspended their gifts and then, in May, an email saying, please accept this $350 Delta eGift Card in honor of your achievement Plus I received a little glass thingy saying 2MM. However, I have had very few real delays though once a flight I was on was delayed to Atlanta so I missed my departure to Singapore via Seoul and Delta cancelled the entire reservation stating Id never shown up (the entire trip was on one ticket). They fixed it, they said, and got me to Singapore the next day but every flight on that trip with other airlines was a hassle on check in as they couldnt easily find my reservation. Other than that, I have had one serious weather delay, one multi-segment trip where every single flight was delayed at least four hours, and one unscheduled landing because of engine trouble. American and United have both caused me enough problems that I go out of my way to avoid them. Delta is a pretty damn good airline from my point of view (though I do think $350 was really cheap now that I see others get $1,200).
Singleflyer and lc412000 like this.

Last edited by dlffla; Oct 1, 22 at 7:59 am
dlffla is online now  
Old Oct 1, 22, 7:54 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Programs: DL, UA, AA (the airline)
Posts: 1,247
Go on, take the money and run.
Goodoldflyer is offline  
Old Oct 1, 22, 8:37 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Louisiana
Programs: DL 2MM DM, Bonvoy Lft Titanium, Hilton Lft Diamond
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by dlffla View Post
Wow, $1,200. I made 2MM in early 2021 and I first got an email saying they had temporarily suspended their gifts and then, in May, an email saying, please accept this $350 Delta eGift Card in honor of your achievement Plus I received a little glass thingy saying 2MM. Delta is a pretty damn good airline from my point of view (though I do think $350 was really cheap now that I see others get $1,200).
This is exactly what I received also. How did we end up with $350 and others received $1,200 gift card? The little glass thingy saying 2MM made me laugh. Do they think I actually have an office to place this in? If I had an office I would not have made 2MM....laughing
doubleA, CO-PLAT and ohhleary like this.
lc412000 is offline  
Old Oct 1, 22, 8:37 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Programs: DL, UA, AA (the airline)
Posts: 1,247
Originally Posted by lc412000 View Post
This is exactly what I received also. How did we end up with $350 and others received $1,200 gift card? The little glass thingy saying 2MM made me laugh. Do they think I actually have an office to place this in? If I had an office I would not have made 2MM....laughing
Inflation's a bear. Just be glad they're not offering it in Bitcoin.
lc412000 likes this.
Goodoldflyer is offline  
Old Oct 1, 22, 8:54 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 9,251
OP - Can you post a screen shot of what the options are currently?
josephstern is offline  
Old Oct 1, 22, 10:18 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MKE
Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; HH Diamond
Posts: 819
Nice! Congrats!

I am also in the $350 and acrylic award thingy club for 2MM.

I am jealous.

Take the money (gift card).
TommyD2 is offline  
Old Oct 1, 22, 10:22 am
  #11  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Posts: 3,945
I got a rock.
Robert Leach is offline  
Old Oct 1, 22, 2:20 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Washington, DC, Chapel Hill, NC (RDU)
Programs: DL Diam 2MM (2.3), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 5,536
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer View Post
Beats what I got at 2MM: A suitcase I used once and could have bought for $300 or so. There was a more expensive garment bag but I haven't used one of those in 20 years

I had roughly 1MM on NWA and 1MM on DL -- most of it longhaul but only got stranded overnight once (and that was a series of cascading failures). A few 8-12 hour delays but they always got me there.
Same for me - the Tumi hard side carryon, which isn't a bad thing - but...
For 1 MM I took a Hartmann rolling wardrobe case that I've never used.
And my NW/DL mix was about the same - with the merger, my 100,000 DL miles put me over the 1MM and probably 1/4 of the NW miles were flown on NC/Republic.

What is most interesting to me is that the 2MM notation that the FAs see on their handhelds seems to impress them the most - not being DM so much. That is what I hear the most 'thanks' for.
TheMadBrewer likes this.
mot29 is offline  
Old Oct 1, 22, 2:29 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 24,731
Originally Posted by mot29 View Post
Same for me - the Tumi hard side carryon, which isn't a bad thing - but...
For 1 MM I took a Hartmann rolling wardrobe case that I've never used.
And my NW/DL mix was about the same - with the merger, my 100,000 DL miles put me over the 1MM and probably 1/4 of the NW miles were flown on NC/Republic.

What is most interesting to me is that the 2MM notation that the FAs see on their handhelds seems to impress them the most - not being DM so much. That is what I hear the most 'thanks' for.
Makes a bit of sense. DM can have been granted/given away by company. MM is strictly earned and means generally you've supported DL over long term.
flyerCO is online now  
Old Oct 1, 22, 3:43 pm
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South Florida
Programs: Delta Skymiles
Posts: 185
Voila

Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
OP - Can you post a screen shot of what the options are currently?
josephstern likes this.
bobf is offline  
Old Oct 1, 22, 4:39 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,694
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Makes a bit of sense. DM can have been granted/given away by company. MM is strictly earned and means generally you've supported DL over long term.
Well, not *strictly* earned... I understand that credit card MQM bonus also counts toward MM status. In theory (if the program doesn't change, of course), someone could start out with a new Reserve card today, spend $120k per year on it, earning 15k MQM bonus x4 for 60k per year - and become a million miler without ever stepping on a plane in just over 16.5 years.

It's a stupid thing to do, but I would be that Delta and American Express would be very appreciative if you did it!

Last edited by Qwkynuf; Oct 1, 22 at 7:22 pm Reason: Fixed typo
Qwkynuf is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread